Idea for a new coaster

disneytati

Original Poster
Hi, boys!
I know this has nothing to do with what we are discussing now, but I would just like to tell you my idea and ask for your oppinion about it. Here it goes:
I thought of a water coaster based on Pinocchio. Remember the whale scene? That's perfect for a water coaster! The train would be like the boat in the movie, and we could have audio animatronic characters on the front, like the e.t. in universal studios. Well, when the coaster starts going up, guests could see the beginning of the Pinocchio story, up to the whale scene point. When the coaster reaches the top, it plunges into the wild and turbulent sea, and the waves would create the shape for the loops. We would have real water mixed with virtual water to create the impression of the sea and wet the guests. After all the loops, the coaster plunges into a big drop, and goes straight inside a huge whale. Everything gets dark. After some seconds, Gepetto lights a match and guests can see all the characters, and the interior of the whale. The room starts getting full of smoke... smoke... smoke... And finally the whale sneezes, and the coaster goes all the way back! To conclude, the coaster would go slowly down the same way it went up, but this time guests see the end of the story. What do you think, guys?

Hey, DishJosh, could you draw it for me?

Bye, boys!:kiss:

Mikemc

Great idea but most coasters are done and dusted in about 2 or 3 minutes.

Yes tell the story as they go up to the top. but your return loop shoup be the finale to the whole experience. Have them shoot out of the whale using projection catapult with a big blast o wind and water from behind upwards. Shhot out into thesky flip the over and back down loop, cork, couple of inversions then home.

Thats the story the thrill of the ride. Theming is great but its about the thrill people will talk

Idea

I think your idea is great. I hear about the thrill so hear is some themed thrill. See, I believe you create crazy ideas until they try to physically make it and it cannot work. So here.....have the story theme up slow on a very slow and quiet dog chain (what raises the car) do it in dark scenes and at a very low angle. This way people will think they are going really high, but really are not...as the story peaks, the cars round a turn....and....BAMMMMMM hit a catapult and rocket up..then you can theme it through light up scenes like the Rock and Roller Coaster does. This is just an idea....tell me what you think...great idea.....

disneytati

Original Poster
Re: Idea

Originally posted by MonorailBlack
I think your idea is great. I hear about the thrill so hear is some themed thrill. See, I believe you create crazy ideas until they try to physically make it and it cannot work. So here.....have the story theme up slow on a very slow and quiet dog chain (what raises the car) do it in dark scenes and at a very low angle. This way people will think they are going really high, but really are not...as the story peaks, the cars round a turn....and....BAMMMMMM hit a catapult and rocket up..then you can theme it through light up scenes like the Rock and Roller Coaster does. This is just an idea....tell me what you think...great idea.....

Hey, that's just what I was thinking of! Something like Rock'n Roller Coaster! I thought we could have more light up scenes and some water splashed too, so the guests would think they were really at sea. I thought of one light up scene that would just happen after a great drop, creating the impression of being under water. What do you think?

Hey, thanks for ansewring me, ok?:)

Yeah, that is a great idea. Also, your water idea is good. To further add to the intensity can be lasers in fog. I dont know if you realize but Disney uses that all the time. It makes you feel like you are underwater. Another thing...3-D glasses that work with your light up scenes. Now of course you would need a starp or such since it is a roller coaster, but imagine going on a coaster and seeing light up projections in 3-D? Can you imagine how far you would be pushing the envelope? It sounds outrageous, but I beleive (and I am an architecture graduate) that you can do anything. Sometimes people will say on the threads that an idea is too costly or wont work. I did in high school a bio on Walt Disney..and guess what. No bank in their right mind wanted to lend him money.....too outrageous...and look now...well that is my speech......:sohappy: :sohappy:

disneytati

Original Poster
:D
Hey, thanks for the ideas! I had thoguth of 3D, but I though it was impossible with a moving car like a coaster. This 3D idea would be perfect for the under water scene! Can you imagine? There wouldn't be any loops, just some little up and down wave movements, so guests could see under the sea environment, plus fish, and maybe Pinocchio characters like Gimny Cricket, for example, diving and trying to reach the surface again. If 3D doesn't work, we could have something like the timekeeper, a 360º screen, combined with some special effects, maybe lasers in fog, and some water splashed (or maybe lots of water this time, since guests are under the sea).

I thought of something for the end. I agree that the ride should end in the whale's sneeze, and the coaster coming all the way backwards, without showing the end of the story while going down slowly. The coaster should definetely end in the thrill! But I was missing some kind of wrapping up, you know, and I just thought of doing just like the movie, and putting a recording of Gimny Cricket saying 'Gazootah!'(Sorry, I don't know how to write this, but you know what I mean, right?) What do you think?

See you later! Kisses for all of you, boys! :kiss: :kiss: :kiss:

rambo

:sohappy: that is a cool idea for an indoor water coaster themed to pinochio.
really good thinking, that ride would be awesome to ride for real!

DarkMeasures

Wouldn't this ride alienate the people who would actually go on a Pinnochio ride? You know, little kids and their parents. It is a good idea to remember the target audience and a thrill ride themed to Pinnochio would just not work.

Any Fantasyland attraction really can't go beyond dark ride just due to the fact that it is little kids who go on those rides mainly. I mean if it were thrill seekers sho enjoying Disney's animated classics more than anyone else, then the ride would work.

disneytati

Original Poster
Have you seen the Spring issue of the Disney Magazine? They showed some early plans for Disneyland, rides that never got out of the scrapbook. There is one like this!!!!! It's more like Splash Mountain, though. The whale spits guests down the flume. I was flattered to see that imagineers had an idea similar to mine!

jchriscandy

Brother Bear

I know this is kinda off the subject but i think they should make a Brother Bear raft ride like Kali River Rapids. But with a bigger hill. About 50 Ft. What do you think.

jchriscandy

Brother Bear

I know this is kinda off the subject but what if tey made a Brother Bear raft rid elike Kali River Rapids. But a bigger hill. About 50 ft.

hermione48135

monster inc ride?

:wave:
well i have the best idea for a ride for at mgm they it'll be a rollacoster. you know that part with the doors and the big chase well why not make a ride were you have to save boo that would be so cool and i know they don't have a ride for Monster inc.:kiss:

disneytati

Original Poster
hermione48135 said:
:wave:
well i have the best idea for a ride for at mgm they it'll be a rollacoster. you know that part with the doors and the big chase well why not make a ride were you have to save boo that would be so cool and i know they don't have a ride for Monster inc.:kiss:

Yeah, that would be cool!!! :wave:

Crazy Harry

disneytati said:
Hi, boys!
I know this has nothing to do with what we are discussing now, but I would just like to tell you my idea and ask for your oppinion about it. Here it goes:
I thought of a water coaster based on Pinocchio. Remember the whale scene? That's perfect for a water coaster! The train would be like the boat in the movie, and we could have audio animatronic characters on the front, like the e.t. in universal studios. Well, when the coaster starts going up, guests could see the beginning of the Pinocchio story, up to the whale scene point. When the coaster reaches the top, it plunges into the wild and turbulent sea, and the waves would create the shape for the loops. We would have real water mixed with virtual water to create the impression of the sea and wet the guests. After all the loops, the coaster plunges into a big drop, and goes straight inside a huge whale. Everything gets dark. After some seconds, Gepetto lights a match and guests can see all the characters, and the interior of the whale. The room starts getting full of smoke... smoke... smoke... And finally the whale sneezes, and the coaster goes all the way back! To conclude, the coaster would go slowly down the same way it went up, but this time guests see the end of the story. What do you think, guys?

Hey, DishJosh, could you draw it for me?

Bye, boys!:kiss:

Hey, I have an idea for a pinnocio roller coaster. It's called Pinnocio's Big Woodie.

Get it?, because it's a big wooden roller coaster which are called woodies and he's made of wood and... never mind. :lookaroun

All kidding aside, I love this idea. I think it would be great if the first part was just a slow moving flume to have the AAs and the story included and the start of the coaster part could be the drop into the whale's mouth which would shoot water out the blow hole when the boat goes into the mouth, or something like that.

And maybe the coaster part should be minus the loops and in the mild but wild catagory like big thunder or space mountain.

On another note, I think it would be a fun project to design a park as one big fantasy land.

Crazy Harry said:
Hey, I have an idea for a pinnocio roller coaster. It's called Pinnocio's Big Woodie.

Get it?, because it's a big wooden roller coaster which are called woodies and he's made of wood and... never mind. :lookaroun

All kidding aside, I love this idea. I think it would be great if the first part was just a slow moving flume to have the AAs and the story included and the start of the coaster part could be the drop into the whale's mouth which would shoot water out the blow hole when the boat goes into the mouth, or something like that.

And maybe the coaster part should be minus the loops and in the mild but wild catagory like big thunder or space mountain.

On another note, I think it would be a fun project to design a park as one big fantasy land.
Wow I love this idea!!! I always thought of a park area designed as the Island they take the boys to. with a large wooden roller coaster and little Board-Walk type game. that would be a great addition to a park-the wooden rollercoaster being the one u just described!!!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom