Imagineering Weekends : One Sentence Competition Season 2

tcool123

Original Poster
Episode 2 Part 3 Reviews -

Green = Sentence #1
Red = Sentence #2
Dinosaurs: Story of The Giants

Story of The Giants is about the Mezosic Era using projections and special effects, as well as props like primeval jungle foliage(bushes, trees, rocks). The show will be based upon the 1940 movie Disney's Fantasia's Rite Of Spring segment; in which we see the beginning and end of the Mezosic era; from the first creatures in the sea, to the last dinosaur on Earth, Disney's Dinosaur: Story of The Giants will be a one of kind nighttime entertainment and will hopefully lead to Dinoland U.S.A's great overhaul.
First off thanks for the coordination makes it 100 times easier to check for one - two sentences. I like the idea, but I feel like you should've mentioned a location such as ________ Theater/Stage presents Dinosaurs : Story of the Giants. Or would this show flat out replace the new Jungle Book one. Either way I like it, and I think this would make the wait for RoL to start easier to do.

Crowd Warmup With Nick and Judy

Alongside the queue line for Rivers of Light, a long, partly covered, gently undulating screen will allow live interaction between guests in line and Judy Hopps and Nick Wilde from Disney's hit animated movie Zootopia. Utilizing technology similar to that used in Turtle Talk, Judy and Nick will stroll up and down the length of the screen and make conversation with guests in line for the show, offering tales of their life in Zootopia as time allows.
My main problem is that this would most likely recieve guest complaints that they wanted to do the Crowd Warmup during the day. However I do like how you utilized Disney's most recent billion dollar franchise, and I do think this would be a fun thing to do while you wait in line.

Walk of the Earth

Since the last time I saw Illuminations: Reflections of Earth I didn't hear my favorite pre-show song Busindre Reel by Hevia, that song and others will be used to tell the tale of the Dinosaurs in projection style in the night-sky, as you journey from the Triassic Period, to the massive giants of the Cretaceous Period. Essentially this will be a 10 minute World of Color in the sky, as the projections will illuminate the sky with visuals of the age of the dinosaurs as you wait for the main event.

This in it self could be a standalone night show, as it sounds astounding. I love the idea of a night time show in the sky with projections.

Woops!Sorry about that. Here's a revised version:

Alive with music:
I myself have not seen the new nighttime segments at Animal Kingdom, but I know for other night time shows, if there is nothing before the show itself it seems to be that I don't get into the mode of the show before it begins. I propose that a live music group of performers ten minutes before showtime, come out and preform songs about dinosaurs or nature; while doing this, guest are welcomed by the performers to dance and each night get picked to do karaoke in front of the audience right before the show begins, for this to happen there will be a spot line in the audience where guest will either sit down or stand up and sing, a cast member will go around with a microphone in hand much like what happens in monsters inc laugh floor, this will last approximately 10 minutes.
I like the concept of this, but what is to stop the guest from doing a karaoke version of the song with the most curse words. Also in karaoke there's a screen will the songs be projected onto the water screens? Also what is the entertainment in the ten minutes the karaoke, or the troupe of singers, is it both of them? That would realistically only allow two songs at most from either or.

Top 3 -
Third Place : @michmousefan
Second Place : @spacemt354
First Place : @Jack Pumpkinhead

Points -
spacemt354 - 7
michmousefan - 7
Jack Pumpkinhead - 5
unkadug - 4
disneydf - 1

As you can see it's still anyone's game. Come tomorrow for the last part of this episode.​

tcool123

Original Poster
Episode 2 Part 4 -
A Magical Walkathon

The challenge? A new walk through. The place? Magic Kingdom. The problem? The placement of the walk through. You decide the location of the walk through and the theme in your final pitch to me. Now imagineers there's a twist involved. Yes a very dangerous one. It might scare you, but the twist is...it has to be accessible to everyone, so no stairs.

I wish you all the best of luck in your final pitch to e for this this episode. There can only be one to two sentences. The challenge is due on 6/14, Tuesday at 11:59 PM EST.​

spacemt354

Chili's
Big Thunder Trail

For people who can't ride Big Thunder Mountain Railroad or people who just can't get enough of Tumbleweed, a walk-through addition will be added to the Big Thunder Mountain. Using ramps (no stairs) you'll dive down into the cold caves of the mountain, walk through the old mining shafts with SEA references galore, before ultimately popping back out by the main attraction exit.

MonorailRed

Applebees
Episode 2 Part 4 -
A Magical Walkathon

The challenge? A new walk through. The place? Magic Kingdom. The problem? The placement of the walk through. You decide the location of the walk through and the theme in your final pitch to me. Now imagineers there's a twist involved. Yes a very dangerous one. It might scare you, but the twist is...it has to be accessible to everyone, so no stairs.

I wish you all the best of luck in your final pitch to e for this this episode. There can only be one to two sentences. The challenge is due on 6/14, Tuesday at 11:59 PM EST.​

Museum of the Weird Walk-through

Past the Haunted Mansion lies a chilling walk-though that has "haunted" items that interact with guests, with the story of entering what used to be "Master Gracy's Guest House" - where famous explorers and dignitaries from all over the world would leave relics and gifts while visiting the Mansion. Now, with the reputation of Gracy's "Weird" and unusual items being left, it has now taken the name of the Museum of the Weird; where guests can discover the fate of the Mansion guests left behind.​

michmousefan

Tomorrowland Robot Depot

With entry in Tomorrowland between Buzz and Carousel of Progress, and extending backstage, guests will journey through darkened passageways past a series of futuristic audio-animated interactive dioramas featuring robots – some imaginary and some real – performing tasks both simple and fantastical (look for the BB-8 cameo, too). At the end of the attraction is a gift shop with stations where guests can actually build a small working robot of their own design from a variety of modular parts.

disneydf

Expedition Everest Extended:

Expedition Everest is one of the most thrilling coasters at Disney, it also has an amazing background to the ride itself; in the original standby line you can see pictures of the yeti and background research and objects behind the story of the yeti and Everest. With the extended version of expedition Everest, this will be a walkthrough of Everest with different light up hidden tunnels guest can explore, this is done by explaining the background and information about the yeti and the yetis "attack" on Everest, this includes where the yeti came from, what it does to survive, and get the guest involved in how they came across the search of the yeti; expanding to this idea, this will be done with a tour guide guiding the guest journey, along with ramps(no stairs included), and lights to guide the way.

tcool123

Original Poster
Episode 2 Part 4 Reviews -

Big Thunder Trail

For people who can't ride Big Thunder Mountain Railroad or people who just can't get enough of Tumbleweed, a walk-through addition will be added to the Big Thunder Mountain. Using ramps (no stairs) you'll dive down into the cold caves of the mountain, walk through the old mining shafts with SEA references galore, before ultimately popping back out by the main attraction exit.

I like the fact you expanded on the backstory of BTM as well as choosing Fronteirland to play host to this new attraction. I think this would be a great addition for people waiting for the rest of their group that's on Thunder Mountain, or for the Thunder Mountain lore fans.

Museum of the Weird Walk-through

Past the Haunted Mansion lies a chilling walk-though that has "haunted" items that interact with guests, with the story of entering what used to be "Master Gracy's Guest House" - where famous explorers and dignitaries from all over the world would leave relics and gifts while visiting the Mansion. Now, with the reputation of Gracy's "Weird" and unusual items being left, it has now taken the name of the Museum of the Weird; where guests can discover the fate of the Mansion guests left behind.

Similar to my comment on @spacemt354 's proposal I like that you expanded on the HM backstory more with the revival of this idea. Given the new Memento Mori store, and Ghost Post boxes, I think that this is realistic for Disney to do seeing as the Haunted Mansion presence is being expanded at the Magic Kingdom.

A new walk-through attraction in Adventureland south of Jungle Cruise will feature the cast of Zootopia.

Animatronic characters are interactive with the guests through Magic Bands and live action characters roam the paths as well.

I like the idea of this along with the interactivity of this, but I question the location of a metropolis in a land themed to the tropics of the world.

Tomorrowland Robot Depot

With entry in Tomorrowland between Buzz and Carousel of Progress, and extending backstage, guests will journey through darkened passageways past a series of futuristic audio-animated interactive dioramas featuring robots – some imaginary and some real – performing tasks both simple and fantastical (look for the BB-8 cameo, too). At the end of the attraction is a gift shop with stations where guests can actually build a small working robot of their own design from a variety of modular parts.

Overall I like this idea, but I question the BB-8 inclusion. However it does sound like something Disney would do. Big bonus points to the gift station, a custom working robot I feel would be really popular with guests.

Expedition Everest Extended:

Expedition Everest is one of the most thrilling coasters at Disney, it also has an amazing background to the ride itself; in the original standby line you can see pictures of the yeti and background research and objects behind the story of the yeti and Everest.
With the extended version of expedition Everest, this will be a walkthrough of Everest with different light up hidden tunnels guest can explore, this is done by explaining the background and information about the yeti and the yetis "attack" on Everest, this includes where the yeti came from, what it does to survive, and get the guest involved in how they came across the search of the yeti; expanding to this idea, this will be done with a tour guide guiding the guest journey, along with ramps(no stairs included), and lights to guide the way.

In general I think this is a rather good concept. It further builds up the aspect to make people think the Yeti is real, and I think it would add a bit to that fear factor once they encounter the yeti in EE.

Top 3 -
Third Place : @disneydf
Second Place : @spacemt354
First Place : @MonorailRed

Points -
unkadug - ?
spacemt354 - ?
michmousefan - ?
MonorailRed - 3
disneydf - 1

The Top Three -
3. @unkadug - 4
2. @michmousefan - 7
1. @spacemt354 - 9

And with that we end Episode 2! Episode 3 will occur during the month of November. If you have any feedback you can post it below. I hope you have all enjoyed it. :D

spacemt354

Chili's
Hey @tcool123

I know you had said you wanted to do another one of these in Novermber, but given MagicFeather's comp, deere's, and yours around that time...I wondered if maybe we could do a month long segment from now until September -- leading up to the start of your competition, A Twist in Time?

It would be kinda a warm-up for your comp as well...as I have several challenge ideas for this that involve time travel... going back into certain periods in time that would shape different lands and parks at WDW and DL.

Maybe I can try and resurrect some House Cup people as well:D, especially people who enjoyed the mini-challenges, I think they would do well in this as it's not time-consuming.

If you're busy over this time, I wouldn't mind filling in and doing an episode (if that's okay with you:p) or if you're good to go...by all means continue on. I just was flipping through the threads, and thought this would be a fun way to lead into the Fall competitions. :)

spacemt354

Chili's
One Sentence Contest - Episode 3 (A Twist in Time Prequel)
map349870LARGE.jpg

Welcome everyone! Have talked with @tcool123 and we both thought that it would be a nice little warm up for the next wdwmagic Imagineering competition (A Twist in Time) if we rebooted the One Sentence Competition!

For those who don't know, the One Sentence Competition is the quickest and most simple competition we've ever had here on the imagineer forum. After being poised with an imagineering question (such as: What would you replace Dinoland U.S.A. with?) You respond with a one or two sentence "elevator pitch" about your concept.

And that's it! Very straightforward and accessible to everyone.

With A Twist in Time swiftly approaching, over the next few weeks we'll post some One Sentence prompts. And since A Twist in Time will deal with, time travel throughout Disney history, the One Sentence Contest will as well...as you will travel back to certain points in time and create new attractions, hotels, and more ...for the future.

This is a great competition for first-timers to the Imagineer forum or people who want to try a competition for the first time.

If you'd like to try it out, just post "I'm in" below, and then we can start! And if you have any questions in the meantime feel free to ask!

Thanks and take care!:)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom