I Wish - the Wishing Thread

Goofyernmost

1 - I wish I could go back in time and stop my parents from picking up that first cigarette! Losing your parents at 62 due to smoking-related illnesses really sucks.

2 - I wish I could fly.

3 - I wish I could make my dream of Florida condo ownership happen overnight, instead of having to actually work for it. If we had that condo, Wish #2 would really come in handy.

But mostly I wish for Wish #1.
Ref. Wish #1... I wish I could go back in time to just before I smoked my first cigarette. I stopped but it took 40 years before I was able to do so and even though I have been lucky (so far) minor damage like COPD had already taken place that is no longer reversible. I know that if I live long enough it will only get worse and might still be the demise of me.

The worst part is that one of my daughters (yea, the one that supported orange) was overheard telling her children that smoking isn't all that bad compared to things like Pot or other drugs. I asked her if she will feel the same way if she get the opportunity to watch the possibility of me trying to get oxygen in my body a few years down the road. The sad part is that part of her belief that it isn't all that bad is the fact that I, after years of smoking, haven't had any major issue from it, like cancer or lack of oxygen. Last test I was at 96% in breathing efficiency. Now I don't want to be sick, but, I also don't want to think that my grandchildren may believe that it would be alright because Grandpa seems OK. Life sure do get complicated at times.

Debbie

#1: I wish I could win the Powerball and have the money to treat family and friends to trips to WDW several times a year as well as help others in need.
#2: I wish I were naturally thin
#3: I wish I could build and support a no kill shelter here as well as offer free spaying and neutering

rob0519

1. I wish we bought Cubs season tickets when they sucked and were the Flubs.
2. I wish Apple didn't make groupchats to become such an annoying thing.
3. I wish I didn't treat myself to the cheap Mexican buffet last night. It was cheap for a reason and boy do I regret that.

In case you couldn't tell these are all kinda jokes. I guess we'd all, including me, wish for thing like more money or easier access to Disney, etc. But these are the cards I was dealt and I've gotta deal to enjoy life.

Except for three. That's serious and that is a legitimate regret and last night and today haven't been fun.

I got on the Cubs wait list when they were bad. I was number 88,000 and something. Ten years later when my number came up, the ticket prices were so outrageous under Rickets I couldn't afford them. By the way, if your number comes up and you decline, you're off the list and can re-apply from the back of the line.

wdwfan4ver

Ref. Wish #1... I wish I could go back in time to just before I smoked my first cigarette. I stopped but it took 40 years before I was able to do so and even though I have been lucky (so far) minor damage like COPD had already taken place that is no longer reversible. I know that if I live long enough it will only get worse and might still be the demise of me.

The worst part is that one of my daughters (yea, the one that supported orange) was overheard telling her children that smoking isn't all that bad compared to things like Pot or other drugs. I asked her if she will feel the same way if she get the opportunity to watch the possibility of me trying to get oxygen in my body a few years down the road. The sad part is that part of her belief that it isn't all that bad is the fact that I, after years of smoking, haven't had any major issue from it, like cancer or lack of oxygen. Last test I was at 96% in breathing efficiency. Now I don't want to be sick, but, I also don't want to think that my grandchildren may believe that it would be alright because Grandpa seems OK. Life sure do get complicated at times.
I understand your frustration with one of your daughters telling your kids something that is ignorant. I never started smoking because of how bad my lungs are naturally and I people get serious medical problems from it.

I knew relatives that smoked and suffered medical problems as result. What I saw wasn't nice at all when I was growing up. What I saw was people needing to use respirators for oxygen. I don't want to go into more details.

Last edited:

DisneyGigi

1. Enjoyed my kids more, if that is possible. It goes too quick!
2. Invested more in 401k.
3. Bought a DVC the first time we thought about it. It would have saved us thousands!!

prfctlyximprct

1. I wish this world was a better place to live for both humans and animals.

2. I wish I could take more frequent Disney World trips, and get my behind to all the other Disney parks throughout the world.

3. I wish more people appreciated Miley Cyrus.

Goodnight :p

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom