I was wrong...

Jimmy Thick

Original Poster
I have to admit it when Iam wrong, and I was big time here.

I played the first few hours of the Walking Dead and wrote it off as garbage and was unimpressed. But being a debate we had elsewhere about buying games off Steam and never playing them, I gave the game another shot with an open mind.

Man, what a emotional, gut wrenching and ultimately heart breaking roller coaster of a story.

Yes, the game is short, yes the game offers no real innovation in terms of game play, but the story and characters you encounter are so amazingly developed once the game hooks you in, you have to finish it.

I haven't played a game with a story this good in a long time, and Iam glad I gave it another go around. The game won numerous awards and yes, it deserved them. The game is on sale on Steam, on a snowy night at night with the lights off, nothing will beat this experience.

Jimmy Thick- To those who have never played the game, I can only offer my most extreme envy.

erasure fan1

I haven't played a game with a story this good in a long time, and Iam glad I gave it another go around. The game won numerous awards and yes, it deserved them.
I am always looking for a really good story driven game so I might check this out. The GOTY edition is down to $29 so that's not too bad. Not real sure about the point and click aspect of it though.

Hakunamatata

Le Meh
Premium Member
I bought the app version for my phone when it came out and I think the video game version is the same. It was good, but I wish they would go further with it.

TTKB

I bought the app version for my phone when it came out and I think the video game version is the same. It was good, but I wish they would go further with it.

Do you mean story or gameplay-wise? I don't know if story-wise it will ever be better (because IMO it's freaking awesome as is) but if point-and-click isn't your thing, Season 2 looks to be remedying that. Still definitely point-and-click adventure, but the QTEs are more varied and often so far.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom