I was supposed to be MaplePlatoon, but I got confused at the account names...

C. E. Myatt

Original Poster
...so I'm C. E. Myatt now. At least I didn't put in my full name!

Anyway, on to why I'm here. I've been lurking for a while now (mostly on the Imagineering forums), and when I read a post saying that I should join the imagineering community as soon as I could, I...waited a day before I did. Obviously I'm more of an reluctant type. Whatever.

Warning: Wall of text below about my origins of my armchair imagineering and theme park following ways!

My theme park obsession, I guess I could trace it back to 2011-2012, when I looked at the concept art for the "Walled City" at the future Ark Encounter and thought:

"Boy, I would fund this thing to the brim and beg my parents to go there if young earth creationism didn't have less of a chance of being true than me really being an alien from the planet Gampilago, which is orbiting the dual sun system of Albireo, that is 38 light years away from Earth!"

Okay, I didn't really think that exact thought, but you get the idea. A few seconds after that, though, I thought "Hey, what if someone secularized this park? Then I could have my Walled City cake and eat it, too!"

My first attempt at the secularizing was terrible. It was just a themeless educational theme park with no consideration for why the Walled City had the theming it did. The second was a little better, being inspired by the original EPCOT Center (at this point I was starting to get into theme parks altogether), but it still had the theming problem. It wasn't until 2014-2015 that I started to develop a backstory to "secularize" the Pre-Flood world theming. It's a long story, but it involves a hollow world with magical, trans-time/spacial archways. I even started to explain what the big boat was there for (previously, I wanted it to be replaced with a different weenie, or have it given a half-hearted explanation for what it was without explaining why the closest body of water to it was a lake it was too big for)! I'm proud to say that I now do in-depth research into not only in theme park design, but the theming and ideas of a park.

TL;DR: What do you get when you cross a rather weird "evolutionist" with a cool-looking theme park made by creationists? You get an armchair imagineer!

PS: How does the tagging system work? All my tags were rejected.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom