I want to be tinkerbell

Tinkerfanatic

Original Poster
I really want to be tinkerbell at Disneyland, I'm not scared of heights, I've loved tinkerbell since I was about 2 and I'm now 18 years old. I'd like this as a job in my early 20s, however I saw she has to be between 4'10/5'2
And I'm 4'9, only one inch off :( would that matter? I'm
So upset about this :( I think I would make a good tinkerbell cause I'm very good at her mannerisms too.

Journey_On

Hi @Tinkerfanatic! Welcome to the forums.

I would say go ahead and audition when you see them available on the auditions website. Just because your height is outside of their desired height range doesn't mean you should automatically dismiss the possibility. :) Disney can measure you differently based on their needs. For example, my true height is 5'1", but they measured me at 5 feet 0.5 inches. You may have to be friends with different characters as well, but you can express your interest in being friends with Tinkerbell.

Best wishes to you!

Driver

Hi @Tinkerfanatic! Welcome to the forums.

I would say go ahead and audition when you see them available on the auditions website. Just because your height is outside of their desired height range doesn't mean you should automatically dismiss the possibility. :) Disney can measure you differently based on their needs. For example, my true height is 5'1", but they measured me at 5 feet 0.5 inches. You may have to be friends with different characters as well, but you can express your interest in being friends with Tinkerbell.

Best wishes to you!
Hi welcome! I agree go for it! I don't think an inch will matter either. They have wiggle room I've seen it. Fun place to work ( if you call it that ) LOL

Eve Thayer

Hi I am new here and haven't quite figured out how to post my own question lol but I was wondering how you could get the job of the tinkerbell that flies out of the castle during the fireworks. Are there certain requirements and where can I find more information on that job? Thanks!

Driver

Hi I am new here and haven't quite figured out how to post my own question lol but I was wondering how you could get the job of the tinkerbell that flies out of the castle during the fireworks. Are there certain requirements and where can I find more information on that job? Thanks!
Funny you should ask, the Tinkerbell that flies from the castle and the one you might great at the park isn't necessarily the same person. There is a requirement (as mentioned above) but to elaborate a little more. An ideal Tinkerbell height is 4'10" and 110 lbs. with the costume. That includes the lights, wings etc. That is a small statured person. Too much weight and she flies to fast and not within the design limits of the zip line. Not enough and she flies to slow. Just about all of these jobs require an audition and most are filled from within. I have a friend of mine that has gone to many auditions and tryouts. (She's already a CM) and she says the competition is tough many times 300 or more people will show up for 2 or 3 positions. And the process can take days.

Eve Thayer

Funny you should ask, the Tinkerbell that flies from the castle and the one you might great at the park isn't necessarily the same person. There is a requirement (as mentioned above) but to elaborate a little more. An ideal Tinkerbell height is 4'10" and 110 lbs. with the costume. That includes the lights, wings etc. That is a small statured person. Too much weight and she flies to fast and not within the design limits of the zip line. Not enough and she flies to slow. Just about all of these jobs require an audition and most are filled from within. I have a friend of mine that has gone to many auditions and tryouts. (She's already a CM) and she says the competition is tough many times 300 or more people will show up for 2 or 3 positions. And the process can take days.
Thank you!!

Driver

The flying tinker bell has to be in top shape strength wise. Upper body strength is what you have to have in order to be considered besides height and weight because if you get stuck you have to have the strength to pull yourself to safety
There is a rescue method in place

Marky Mark

Hey! Go to an audition regardless! Go to several! Just have fun with it and don't be dejected if you don't get picked the first couple of times. The more you go the better you get at auditioning, and it shows determination. They have very little wiggle room if any. However, leave that for them to decide :) Good luck !

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom