Trip Report Revisiting 2016's War and peace I took one for the team

Hello it's me again and if you want to know what the title means you'll have to stick around for a while. Sorry but no spoiler This trip was 3 years in the making and the official countdown started at 439 days. Surprisingly the time seemed to fly by. Our little adventure was taken by me (for those who don't know I'm Figmentfan423 Figgy to my friends here), my dh and our 2 boys James 14 and fellow Disney planner and M who's a bit older autistic and doesn't like getting his picture taken or me talking about him. Our trip began at
IMG_0009.JPG
am on July 30th. We sang happy birthday to my little guy while driving down the street on our way to Disney. I'm a very mean mommy who made my baby spend his birthday in the car. Any way it was smooth sailing until half way through Virginia where we hit rain and traffic all the way to the North Carolina border. It was bad enough we worried a bit about making it to our hotel for the first night but once we hit NC the skies cleared and so did the traffic:joyfull: and we made it to Florida
IMG_0012.JPG
to take the obligitory first Florida picture of the boys. With a bit of luck and excitement we made it to Ormond Beach to get a good night's sleep.

Figgy1

Premium Member
Original Poster
We headed straight for BTMRR knowing it would be closed the next week and rode it twice as a walk on once in the first car and once in the last
IMG_0443.JPG
From there it was straight to Slash which was also a walk on. My dh hates Splash, I've never gotten more than a little spritz but he always seems to come of wet no matter where he sits.
IMG_0444.JPG
From there it was straight to POTC which again was a walk on. That's the reason I love rope drop so much and try never to miss one.

betty rose

Lunch was so good it deserves 2 posts. Some how we managed to even cram in dessertView attachment 158468That's the flourless chocolate cake the guys got, I had vanilla rice dream "ice cream" but didn't get a pic. I got the house pinot grigio and Jim got an Angry Orchard which came out in a frosted glass. The only problem was my wine glass had a crack in it which I didn't notice until half way through it. James said it was three fourths, anyway the server brought me out a new full glassView attachment 158469 View attachment 158471
Yea, extra wine!

Figgy1

Premium Member
Original Poster
After a few rides it was time to slow down and see one of my favorite attractions The Enchanted Tiki Room. Everybody in my family likes it but I love it and it's a must do every trip. The year it was closed after the fire I shed a tear walking by it when it was boarded up.
IMG_0471.JPG
From there we found this guy wandering and acting silly, he even stole my ds's hat
IMG_0482.JPG
Next up it was one of our big scores ADR wise 11am lunch at BOG. I got my usual quinoa salad as did James and Jim and my other ds got the turkey sandwich on gf bread
IMG_0513.JPG
IMG_0514.JPG
IMG_0505.JPG
Lunch was very good !!! My dh and ds really liked the sandwiches and said it was real turkey and not dry. The salad was good as always and it was the first time we got to eat in the ballroom.

Figgy1

Premium Member
Original Poster
Time for a spin on Seven Dwarves Mine Train. We just missed the opening on our last trip so we had to check it out. As many others have said it's cute but a bit short
IMG_0542.JPG
My dh's survival cooling towel. He's not a fan of the heat. LOL When we got off SDMT we saw these fine fellows
IMG_0547.JPG
I think my younger ds may have a few issues because next he insisted on going to
IMG_0550.JPG
Any way we saw Mickey's Friendship Faire afterwards
IMG_0553.JPG
It was ok good but not great.

Figgy1

Premium Member
Original Poster
Seeing we were in the hub it was time to head out of the MK and over to EPCOT. That should have been easy but the monorail was having some issues so we took the ferry to the TTC to catch the monorail.
IMG_0557.JPG
The views from the ferry are nice but I was so happy to see
IMG_0568.JPG

Figgy1

Premium Member
Original Poster
It was then time to head to the Land where we would be spending quite a bit of time
IMG_0588.JPG
Time to check out the new version of Soarin and to my relief
IMG_0595.JPG
I'm not sure if I like the new version better or not. I may just have had to check it out again at some point of our trip just to see

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom