Trip Report Revisiting 2016's War and peace I took one for the team

Hello it's me again and if you want to know what the title means you'll have to stick around for a while. Sorry but no spoiler This trip was 3 years in the making and the official countdown started at 439 days. Surprisingly the time seemed to fly by. Our little adventure was taken by me (for those who don't know I'm Figmentfan423 Figgy to my friends here), my dh and our 2 boys James 14 and fellow Disney planner and M who's a bit older autistic and doesn't like getting his picture taken or me talking about him. Our trip began at
IMG_0009.JPG
am on July 30th. We sang happy birthday to my little guy while driving down the street on our way to Disney. I'm a very mean mommy who made my baby spend his birthday in the car. Any way it was smooth sailing until half way through Virginia where we hit rain and traffic all the way to the North Carolina border. It was bad enough we worried a bit about making it to our hotel for the first night but once we hit NC the skies cleared and so did the traffic:joyfull: and we made it to Florida
IMG_0012.JPG
to take the obligitory first Florida picture of the boys. With a bit of luck and excitement we made it to Ormond Beach to get a good night's sleep.

Figgy1

Premium Member
Original Poster
The Honeydukes prices scares even Voldemorth ;)
I dont know if my nephew exaggerated but he claimed each chocolate frog was like 20 USD in january. Huge NOPE!.\
We NOPE'd harder than Harry Potter to Dementors!

(ps, loving this report so much! tons of photos!)
Thanks so much. The frog wasn't that much it wasn't cheap but what do you expect with a specialty item. The fudge was reasonable buy 4 get 2 free and the lemon drops weren't too badly priced either. My dh said so:rolleyes:

Second Star to the Right

I went to Hogsmeade a month after it opened, but I haven't been to Diagon Alley. I am a massive HP fan, and I really wanted to go this summer, but my kids are too young to have read all the books and I didn't want spoilers for them, plus, I was afraid they wouldn't be able to get on all the rides. We'll go when they are older and can enjoy it. But the theming in Hogsmeade was AMAZING...what I could see of it. It was PACKED when we went in 2010. They reached capacity already at opening and had to tell people to come back later, which we did, but even then, the line to get on The Forbidden Journey was 3 hours long, Olivanders was 90 minutes. The shortest line was for Honeydukes at 15 minutes.
I completely agree with @figmentfan423, Diagon Alley is even better than Hogsmeade. The detail is just incredible. I'm going to Universal for 1 day during my upcoming Disney trip and we plan on dedicated 90% of our day in Diagon Alley and Hogsmeade just because there is so much to see in DA. My sister-in-law has a plan to send my niece "an owl" with her acceptance to Hogwarts letter when she turns 11, and then she is going to take her to Universal, maybe you could do something that like that for your children? To be fair, she only lives an hour and 15 minutes from Universal though, so it's a lot easier! When you do get to go, I would love to hear your reaction :) I really need to make a trip to do the London tour in the future!

Scoppin

Friday August 26 th a Quality Inn somewhere in SC. All I really remember it was clean when I inspected the room when we got in. That and the coffee was horrid in the morning. The hunt for a decent coffee going north on 95 began and we saw no signs of Starbucks, Dunkin Donuts nothing!:mad::cry::banghead: Life goes an and so does 95. The boys have been asking to stop at South of the Border since I can't remember when and we could always come up with some excuse not to stop. That was mostly luck! We had mostly timed our trips so that it was too early or too late to stop there:) This time we ran out of excuses.(insert string of very bad words here) We stopped we saw we're never doing it again but at least we'll never hear can we go there ever again:joyfull:View attachment 163477 View attachment 163478 View attachment 163479 View attachment 163480 View attachment 163481

Saw this on the way down but didn't stop in.

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom