Trip Report Revisiting 2016's War and peace I took one for the team

Hello it's me again and if you want to know what the title means you'll have to stick around for a while. Sorry but no spoiler This trip was 3 years in the making and the official countdown started at 439 days. Surprisingly the time seemed to fly by. Our little adventure was taken by me (for those who don't know I'm Figmentfan423 Figgy to my friends here), my dh and our 2 boys James 14 and fellow Disney planner and M who's a bit older autistic and doesn't like getting his picture taken or me talking about him. Our trip began at
IMG_0009.JPG
am on July 30th. We sang happy birthday to my little guy while driving down the street on our way to Disney. I'm a very mean mommy who made my baby spend his birthday in the car. Any way it was smooth sailing until half way through Virginia where we hit rain and traffic all the way to the North Carolina border. It was bad enough we worried a bit about making it to our hotel for the first night but once we hit NC the skies cleared and so did the traffic:joyfull: and we made it to Florida
IMG_0012.JPG
to take the obligitory first Florida picture of the boys. With a bit of luck and excitement we made it to Ormond Beach to get a good night's sleep.

Cesar R M

From there it was back over to Mummy which my boys LOVE! Seriously where was everybody? A few shots of no crowd what so ever, YEA!!!!!View attachment 163323 View attachment 163324 View attachment 163325 View attachment 163326 View attachment 163327
That last one was the one I could find with the most people in it
all the people seem to pack on Marvel or Harry Potter (as per my experience). We felt similar on our first visit to UsO.
We were all "where the hell the people is?" and then went inside diagon alley "ohh.. here they are" lol

Cesar R M

James just loves the Saturn V, when he was five and he first saw it he said I'm going to build something like that someday. One of there retired engineers told him he'd have to do well in math and science to do so. To this day they're both his favorite subjects. The Saturn V center another exhibit that never gets old and seriously who doesn't like Snoopy?View attachment 163452 View attachment 163454 View attachment 163455 View attachment 163456 View attachment 163457 View attachment 163458
OMG. I TOTALLY WANT TO GO!!!! D:

Btw, did they have any exhibit of the VOYAGER series?

Figgy1

Premium Member
Original Poster
all the people seem to pack on Marvel or Harry Potter (as per my experience). We felt similar on our first visit to UsO.
We were all "where the hell the people is?" and then went inside diagon alley "ohh.. here they are" lol
They weren't even there on our last few days. FJ 30 minutes or less and Gringott's was running about 20 is that. Hippogrith and DC were almost walk ons:) The stores didn't have lines and they weren't crowded:)

Figgy1

Premium Member
Original Poster
OMG. I TOTALLY WANT TO GO!!!! D:

Btw, did they have any exhibit of the VOYAGER series?
2011 was Star Trek summer at Kennedy. OMG it was fantastic! They had sets and props from all the series and movies in several locations and a stage/screen show where they mixed actors, some footage from the first new Star Trek movie and a few audience members to be in it. The enterprise had to go back in time to save NASA so there would be a Federation. James got picked to save the federation with tribbles.

MinnieM123

Premium Member
Great TR!!! Loved all the Uni pictures--a whole different "feel" from WDW. Definitely a place to go and see!!

I was trying to remember what I could from my visit to the Kennedy Space Center with my mother, back in 1985. It was a very exciting place. Looks different now, and I imagine many of the exhibits, attractions, etc. have been updated quite a bit. We went on that bus tour (or something similar) and I remember going out to see (in the distance) that huge white building with the American flag on the side. They couldn't drive the bus too close, as the launch pads (also off in the distance) actually had some sort of rocket they planned to send up in a few days. (It may not have been a manned rocket--I can't recall.). But, your great photos really brought back some memories I had when my mother and I went there. We were both in awe.

Figgy1

Premium Member
Original Poster
Great TR!!! Loved all the Uni pictures--a whole different "feel" from WDW. Definitely a place to go and see!!

I was trying to remember what I could from my visit to the Kennedy Space Center with my mother, back in 1985. It was a very exciting place. Looks different now, and I imagine many of the exhibits, attractions, etc. have been updated quite a bit. We went on that bus tour (or something similar) and I remember going out to see (in the distance) that huge white building with the American flag on the side. They couldn't drive the bus too close, as the launch pads (also off in the distance) actually had some sort of rocket they planned to send up in a few days. (It may not have been a manned rocket--I can't recall.). But, your great photos really brought back some memories I had when my mother and I went there. We were both in awe.
Thank you

Songbird76

It is much smaller than Olivander's and they do not have any type of wand choosing ceremony, but still very fun to look around. Diagon Alley is the best themed area of a park IMO. But, I'm also a HUGE harry potter fan.
I went to Hogsmeade a month after it opened, but I haven't been to Diagon Alley. I am a massive HP fan, and I really wanted to go this summer, but my kids are too young to have read all the books and I didn't want spoilers for them, plus, I was afraid they wouldn't be able to get on all the rides. We'll go when they are older and can enjoy it. But the theming in Hogsmeade was AMAZING...what I could see of it. It was PACKED when we went in 2010. They reached capacity already at opening and had to tell people to come back later, which we did, but even then, the line to get on The Forbidden Journey was 3 hours long, Olivanders was 90 minutes. The shortest line was for Honeydukes at 15 minutes.

Figgy1

Premium Member
Original Poster
I went to Hogsmeade a month after it opened, but I haven't been to Diagon Alley. I am a massive HP fan, and I really wanted to go this summer, but my kids are too young to have read all the books and I didn't want spoilers for them, plus, I was afraid they wouldn't be able to get on all the rides. We'll go when they are older and can enjoy it. But the theming in Hogsmeade was AMAZING...what I could see of it. It was PACKED when we went in 2010. They reached capacity already at opening and had to tell people to come back later, which we did, but even then, the line to get on The Forbidden Journey was 3 hours long, Olivanders was 90 minutes. The shortest line was for Honeydukes at 15 minutes.
The hype and crowds have died down a bit. There were times when Honeydukes was empty except for my dh:cautious: Diagon Alley is better than Hogsmeade. There's only one ride but even without doing that you can spend hours if not days just finding little details.

Cesar R M

2011 was Star Trek summer at Kennedy. OMG it was fantastic! They had sets and props from all the series and movies in several locations and a stage/screen show where they mixed actors, some footage from the first new Star Trek movie and a few audience members to be in it. The enterprise had to go back in time to save NASA so there would be a Federation. James got picked to save the federation with tribbles.
errr, I mean the VOYAGER series as in the VOYAGER 1 and VOYAGER 2 space probes, both of which already left our planetary system.

The Voyager II (current farthest man made object)
AJUt23Z.jpg

Cesar R M

The hype and crowds have died down a bit. There were times when Honeydukes was empty except for my dh:cautious: Diagon Alley is better than Hogsmeade. There's only one ride but even without doing that you can spend hours if not days just finding little details.
The Honeydukes prices scares even Voldemorth ;)
I dont know if my nephew exaggerated but he claimed each chocolate frog was like 20 USD in january. Huge NOPE!.\
We NOPE'd harder than Harry Potter to Dementors!

(ps, loving this report so much! tons of photos!)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom