Trip Report Revisiting 2016's War and peace I took one for the team

Hello it's me again and if you want to know what the title means you'll have to stick around for a while. Sorry but no spoiler This trip was 3 years in the making and the official countdown started at 439 days. Surprisingly the time seemed to fly by. Our little adventure was taken by me (for those who don't know I'm Figmentfan423 Figgy to my friends here), my dh and our 2 boys James 14 and fellow Disney planner and M who's a bit older autistic and doesn't like getting his picture taken or me talking about him. Our trip began at
IMG_0009.JPG
am on July 30th. We sang happy birthday to my little guy while driving down the street on our way to Disney. I'm a very mean mommy who made my baby spend his birthday in the car. Any way it was smooth sailing until half way through Virginia where we hit rain and traffic all the way to the North Carolina border. It was bad enough we worried a bit about making it to our hotel for the first night but once we hit NC the skies cleared and so did the traffic:joyfull: and we made it to Florida
IMG_0012.JPG
to take the obligitory first Florida picture of the boys. With a bit of luck and excitement we made it to Ormond Beach to get a good night's sleep.

betty rose

Hello it's me again and if you want to know what the title means you'll have to stick around for a while. Sorry but no spoiler This trip was 3 years in the making and the official countdown started at 439 days. Surprisingly the time seemed to fly by. Our little adventure was taken by me (for those who don't know I'm Figmentfan423 Figgy to my friends here), my dh and our 2 boys James 14 and fellow Disney planner and M who's a bit older autistic and doesn't like getting his picture taken or me talking about him. Our trip began atView attachment 158161 am on July 30th. We sang happy birthday to my little guy while driving down the street on our way to Disney. I'm a very mean mommy who made my baby spend his birthday in the car. Any way it was smooth sailing until half way through Virginia where we hit rain and traffic all the way to the North Carolina border. It was bad enough we worried a bit about making it to our hotel for the first night but once we hit NC the skies cleared and so did the traffic:joyfull: and we made it to FloridaView attachment 158162 to take the obligitory first Florida picture of the boys. With a bit of luck and excitement we made it to Ormond Beach to get a good night's sleep.
Loving your report. My honeymoon was at Ormond Beach. Beautiful.

betty rose

Sunday July 31st. We were all up earlyish and on the road to Disney.View attachment 158163 As soon as we saw this a big sigh of relief cam over us until we tried to navigate our way over to Shades of Green. I never realized we had to go past the MK toll in order to get there:hilarious: We made it to SOG in one pieceView attachment 158164 View attachment 158165 View attachment 158166 It was quite early and our room wasn't ready so we got on the bus and went to DTD(yes I still call it that)
So pretty, with a nice big fountain.

betty rose

One item officially off the Disney bucket list so it was time to head back to SOG and bed time. What wait, not so quick. We we're all too excited to sleep so the boys watched some tv and my dh and I went to Evergreen's. I just had to get a Shades of Green(I think there is a law saying you have to get the drink named for the place:D) My boring dh got a Mad Man's hard ciderView attachment 158198 View attachment 158199 Evergreen's was nice and the best partView attachment 158200 Next up would we make morning EMH at AK
I'm loving the pictures. You take awesome pictures.

MinnieM123

Premium Member
Hey everyone! It's a new TR from Figgy!! :happy:

I really like the photos and commentary about SOG. It's so nice that this resort is available to military (and retired military) families, in a very nice location, and at very reasonable rates.

P.S.: Cute picture of Minnie in her grass skirt at the Poly! :joyfull:

ajrwdwgirl

Premium Member
Hello it's me again and if you want to know what the title means you'll have to stick around for a while. Sorry but no spoiler This trip was 3 years in the making and the official countdown started at 439 days. Surprisingly the time seemed to fly by. Our little adventure was taken by me (for those who don't know I'm Figmentfan423 Figgy to my friends here), my dh and our 2 boys James 14 and fellow Disney planner and M who's a bit older autistic and doesn't like getting his picture taken or me talking about him. Our trip began atView attachment 158161 am on July 30th. We sang happy birthday to my little guy while driving down the street on our way to Disney. I'm a very mean mommy who made my baby spend his birthday in the car. Any way it was smooth sailing until half way through Virginia where we hit rain and traffic all the way to the North Carolina border. It was bad enough we worried a bit about making it to our hotel for the first night but once we hit NC the skies cleared and so did the traffic:joyfull: and we made it to FloridaView attachment 158162 to take the obligitory first Florida picture of the boys. With a bit of luck and excitement we made it to Ormond Beach to get a good night's sleep.

Woohoo! I'm excited that you are finally reporting on your trip! After all your planning I'm intrigued to see how it turned out. I'm pretty sure you had an excellent time!

ajrwdwgirl

Premium Member
It was really cool seeing the Shades of Green, I remember when we visited when it was the Disney Inn. It looked a little familar from your pictures, but some had changed.

Kind of cool that you saw a gator, I always look for them but never see one (which I'm a little thankful about). It's also awesome that you got to meet @Songbird76 .

I'm glad you made it to Trader Sam's too, I love that place at both WDW and DL. The mojito is good there, but then again I haven't met many mojitos I don't like. And I'm super jealous of those drink prices at Shade's of Green, so reasonable!

It's nice to see the pictures of your awesome family, I hope you make it into some too!:)

Figgy1

Premium Member
Original Poster
Loving your report. My honeymoon was at Ormond Beach. Beautiful.
Thank you, I think you must have some pixie dust there we stayed in a Super 8 not expecting much but it was very clean, had both a mini fridge and microwave and was really cheap. I wish we had time to get some pictures but by the time we pulled in is was off to bed and out the door first thing in the morning.

King Racoon 77

Thank you sir. You were an inspiration.
Premium Member
It was really cool seeing the Shades of Green, I remember when we visited when it was the Disney Inn. It looked a little familar from your pictures, but some had changed.

Kind of cool that you saw a gator, I always look for them but never see one (which I'm a little thankful about). It's also awesome that you got to meet @Songbird76 .

I'm glad you made it to Trader Sam's too, I love that place at both WDW and DL. The mojito is good there, but then again I haven't met many mojitos I don't like. And I'm super jealous of those drink prices at Shade's of Green, so reasonable!

It's nice to see the pictures of your awesome family, I hope you make it into some too!:)

This

Figgy1

Premium Member
Original Poster
Shades of green looks like an awesome place to stay! I want that cocktail!!! :) Enjoying your report, it will help me get through the days until November! :) :)

The drinks at SOG were very yummy. I know you can't take the bus there but I'm not sure about the rules for just walking over and walking around or stopping in for a drink. We weren't asked for military ID at the bar, but my dh does have a regulation haircut.

Figgy1

Premium Member
Original Poster
Where were we. Oh yes just outside AK at the bus stop and talk about timing again the bus for DHS pulled up right as we got to the bus stop. So off we went for a nice short ride.
IMG_0218.JPG
We had a few minutes to kill so we walked through the shops and saw
IMG_0221.JPG
IMG_0222.JPG
IMG_0223.JPG
I was seriously upset they didn't have it in my size

Figgy1

Premium Member
Original Poster
By then we were all a bit hungry and it was time for our lunch ADR at Momma Melrose for the Fantasmic dining package.We all got the mixed green salad
IMG_0281.JPG
except for my older ds who got the tomato and mozzerella
IMG_0282.JPG
Chef Saib made me an off menu pasta and veggie dish that was delicious!!!!!!!
IMG_0284.JPG
Md dh who is very picky about steak got the steak and pasta with 4 cheese sauce and loved it
IMG_0286.JPG
IMG_0286.JPG
James got steak with marinara
IMG_0285.JPG

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom