Pre-Trip I Ordered a Tomboy but Got a Disney Princess Instead...

kaitertot5249

I just read through your whole Pre-Trip Report (slow day at work...) and I must say that for someone who has never been to Disney World before, you're planning this trip like a seasoned veteran. I'm impressed!

I'll also chime in to say that your daughter is absolutely adorable :happy:

I just have a question, at the beginning of your pre-trip report you mentioned that neither you nor your husband have been to Disney before and that neither of you are super into Disney things so I'm curious: has being on these boards for the past few months made you think that we're all crazy or do you think that you are on your way to becoming Disney obsessed like we all are:geek:?

I'm looking forward to hearing how the rest of your plans play out and hopefully hearing your WDW first impressions in your Trip Report when you return!

amjt660

Premium Member
We've decided to cancel the meal plan completely. I thought we'd use a few credits at Morimoto's Street Food, but it turns out they aren't on the Dining Plan :oops: There's no way we'll eat enough food to justify it considering 2 out of 4 of our dinners won't be included on the plan. We'd basically need to cram 8 meals into 2.5 days, and even I don't love food that much :hilarious::hilarious:
Good call!
I used the meal plan when it was first introduced but the scope has been reduced (used to include App and Tip) and the cost is no where near the deal it used to be.

You will feel less constrained and pressured to stuff your face.
Should make that portion of the trip more relaxing

Max

MinnieM123

Premium Member
We've decided to cancel the meal plan completely. I thought we'd use a few credits at Morimoto's Street Food, but it turns out they aren't on the Dining Plan :oops: There's no way we'll eat enough food to justify it considering 2 out of 4 of our dinners won't be included on the plan. We'd basically need to cram 8 meals into 2.5 days, and even I don't love food that much :hilarious::hilarious:

Good move. It's not for everyone, and many people do better without the plan.

MinnieM123

Premium Member
Mostly this board makes me sad that I never had the opportunity to see Disney in it's heyday. There's so much sentiment and affection attached to rides that are at the bottom of my list. I'm sure if I went when I was a kid and the technology was state of the art I'd understand it, personally.

I'm sure we'll have a great time, but reading through the stories on this board allows you to get a picture of what you're missing out on by not having had visited in the Disney Glory days.

I don't think anyone on here is crazy though :hilarious::inlove:

You'll still have a great time. Seeing the parks for the first time will be a blast.

Songbird76

We're hoping to grab reservations for CRT on our last night so she can get some princess time. If the wait isn't awful when we hit the area at rope drop we'll also see Ariel and Belle in Fantasyland. Then in Epcot we'll suck it up and wait in line for Elsa and Anna.

She is obsessed with Sofia but I don't want to visit HS just for Sofia. She also loves Moana but I don't know if she'll be out meeting people.

We're also hoping to fast pass the Mickey and pals meet and greet in Epcot, but I expect that to be a complete hysterical freak out :rolleyes:
If you want to meet several princesses, I'd suggest Akershus in Epcot instead of CRT. I've never eaten at CRT, but my understanding is that it's ONLY Cinderella, whereas Akershus does several. The first time we were there, it was Belle, Snow White, Cinderella, and Ariel, and MAYBE sleeping beauty...don't remember. Then last summer we went again and it was Belle, Snow White, Sleeping Beauty, Mulan, Ariel...and we did 1900 Park Fare at GFR to meet Cinderella and the stepmother/sisters. CRT is also much more expensive from my understanding. My DS is super picky and won't eat anything at pretty much any of the restaurants anyway, so if I'm going to pay just for the characters, I'd rather pay less for more characters, and DD loved ALL the princesses, so it made more sense for us to do Akershus.

TheMouseFan

If you want to meet several princesses, I'd suggest Akershus in Epcot instead of CRT. I've never eaten at CRT, but my understanding is that it's ONLY Cinderella, whereas Akershus does several. The first time we were there, it was Belle, Snow White, Cinderella, and Ariel, and MAYBE sleeping beauty...don't remember. Then last summer we went again and it was Belle, Snow White, Sleeping Beauty, Mulan, Ariel...and we did 1900 Park Fare at GFR to meet Cinderella and the stepmother/sisters. CRT is also much more expensive from my understanding. My DS is super picky and won't eat anything at pretty much any of the restaurants anyway, so if I'm going to pay just for the characters, I'd rather pay less for more characters, and DD loved ALL the princesses, so it made more sense for us to do Akershus.
I agree that Akershus is a better deal, but you see others at CRT too! We saw Ariel, Snow White, Aurora, and Jasmine in addition to Cinderella.

Songbird76

I agree that Akershus is a better deal, but you see others at CRT too! We saw Ariel, Snow White, Aurora, and Jasmine in addition to Cinderella.
Oh that's great to know! Thank you!! On our first family trip, I was going to book CRT, but my friend told me it was just Cinderella and the Prince, so if we wanted to see more princesses, we should do Akershus. We love it there, and it was great, but I've always dreamed of eating in the castle. I just couldn't justify the price. Might have to do that next time now that I know!!

TheMouseFan

Oh that's great to know! Thank you!! On our first family trip, I was going to book CRT, but my friend told me it was just Cinderella and the Prince, so if we wanted to see more princesses, we should do Akershus. We love it there, and it was great, but I've always dreamed of eating in the castle. I just couldn't justify the price. Might have to do that next time now that I know!!
No prince, but definitely more princesses! The only place to currently meet Prince Charming is dinner at 1900 Park Fare.

kaitertot5249

I'm sure we'll have a great time, but reading through the stories on this board allows you to get a picture of what you're missing out on by not having had visited in the Disney Glory days.
I think that what you're hearing from a lot of people on these boards is tainted by nostalgia. Disney is still full of magic despite what people might be saying about the changes that have come over the years. If Disney was the same as it was 20 years ago people would be complaining that it's outdated and needs to be revamped. Since it's everyone's first trip for your group I think that you will be blown away by most of the things that you see in the parks and on all Disney property because it is so different than anywhere else in the world.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom