Pre-Trip I Ordered a Tomboy but Got a Disney Princess Instead...

21stamps

Yay!!! Can't wait to read all about it!! Wow, so many trip reports to read right now.. apologies to anyone if I blow up your notifications at 11pm ;).

Your opening statements remind me so much of my sister! She was the exact same way..she's evolved (out of necessity lol) since then.

I always thought I would have a girl, we would dress up, and have fabulous tea parties together, and birthday celebrations at the American Girl store. Well, I had a boy.. his current favorite past time is collecting cicada shells and strategically place them in parts of my home. It's loads of fun. ;)

21stamps

Wait, I just realized you're in Ohio.. where did you find direct flights to Florida on Southwest?!?!?! I want one!!!!

P.S. your revised dining plan sounds perfect.. it's hard to do, but RESTRAINT is the best policy (imo) when it comes to scheduling/over scheduling character meals.

21stamps

We can plan a trip together at some point and you can take my little princess to the tea parties :) I'd like to think that I'll evolve to enjoy more girlie things with her and she'll evolve to enjoy less frilly things with me, and we'll meet in the middle. Princesses can climb trees. I hope. :hilarious::hilarious:
Yes..Princesses can be tomboys too :) my 3 year old niece is a princessy tomboy lol. She wanted to be Elsa for Halloween last year, then requested to change into her brother's Hulk costume just before they went trick or treating. It was hilarious.

YES!! Southwest from CMH to MCO!! Nonstop AND "wanna get away" so really inexpensive. AND THE BEST PART!!!!!!! Neither of our flights leave super early. We get to sleep in (slightly) on travel days!!

Nice!!!
I'm in Cincinnati! I can drive to CMH, could fit COSI in to make it worth it..lol. We took Southwest one way out of Indy last trip, then Delta one way back to CVG..literally saved several hundred dollars. We just got Southwest at CVG but no direct flights to FL with them.

Jessica Butler

YES!! Southwest from CMH to MCO!! Nonstop AND "wanna get away" so really inexpensive. AND THE BEST PART!!!!!!! Neither of our flights leave super early. We get to sleep in (slightly) on travel days!!
Southwest also does the nonstop flights from PIT! My husband and I live in Ohio and we travel Southwest nonstop from PIT to MCO all the time!!! :) Going in 22 days to be exact!

bee

Great job not overdoing the ADRs! Even on adults-only trips (which is all I do haha!) I usually end up canceling some of my reservations mid-trip because I overbooked.

As someone who grew up in Florida I have been to Disney on pretty much every holiday imaginable. The only day I would never do again was New Year's Eve. Epcot was so crowded that Ellen's Energy Adventure was filled to capacity. Yes, you are going during a very busy week, but if you go in with realistic expectations about crowds, wait times, bus transportation, etc., and take time to breathe when you're feeling rushed or stressed, you will be FINE.

I've stayed in the Little Mermaid rooms and your daughter will LOVE them. Mermaid came out when I was little and I was obsessed with the movie; if I'd been able to stay in an ARIEL room as a kid, I would have flipped out.

In theory all Disney pools are heated so the pool itself should feel fine even if the wet walk back to your room isn't quite as pleasant.

AoA's food court is very nice and has a lot of options. Everything Pop also has great choices and is a short walk away via the Generation Gap Bridge.

Be warned, after this trip there's a good chance you will become an obsessed Disney nut like the rest of us. :D

wwmmd

How exciting on your first ever visit! I have done the same thing with meal planning. We're going over Labor Day weekend and I changed our TS reservations a handful of times already. It's so hard to hold back when you want to try out so many places! I'm a fellow Ohioan and we got one way flights each way out of CMH although we're flying Frontier there and Southwest back.

21stamps

@21stamps COSI is in direct view from the building I work in. I haven't been inside of it for years though.
Awesome!! We are museum members at our local museum and have reciprocity with COSI, we try to go at least once or twice per year. Our favorite exhibit closed :( apparently a new dinosaur one will be opening in it's place...but there is also a new Honda exhibit that's really neat!

21stamps

They're currently building a veterans memorial museum next to it with a parade platform on the roof. And the really cool thing is that it's not another museum that takes you through each war or time period; it takes you through the veteran experience. So the exhibits feature signing up for service, basic training, military career, deployment, and reintegration, and continuing to serve once you're out (volunteerism). I'm super excited about it!!

Is that what all of the construction is? I think we were there in February, maybe March.. it was a mess of construction. That museum sounds super cool!!

ETA .. just checked my photos.. completely wrong on the dates, we were there January 22nd. Lol.

wwmmd

They're currently building a veterans memorial museum next to it with a parade platform on the roof. And the really cool thing is that it's not another museum that takes you through each war or time period; it takes you through the veteran experience. So the exhibits feature signing up for service, basic training, military career, deployment, and reintegration, and continuing to serve once you're out (volunteerism). I'm super excited about it!!

That's obviously right out my window too (I'm on the 26th floor) so I've watched the entire process. Yes, the concept of the new Vets building is really neat.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom