Trip Report I must have WDW fever!? (completed)

Hey WDWMagic friends! My name is Kim and I've never attempted to write a trip report before. I do read them all the time, and appreciate them so much between trips. I thought I would try and return the favor. It was also a fantastic trip and I would love to relive it once again. I've been home less than 2 weeks and miss it terribly!

I have to explain the title, "I must have WDW fever". I have had a fever for over a year now that just won't go away! I guess the official name would be Fever of Unknown Origin. This trip was first scheduled for January, then moved to April. I kept rescheduling in hopes that I would be fever free in time to visit Mickey. No such luck. I also had a surgery in between and had to recover from that. Our annual passes were set to expire on July 1st and we needed to go before that. That made this trip from June 22 - July 1st. Yep, I waited for summer in Florida to go with a fever. :)

Trip:
June 22 - July 1st
2 nights at Port Orleans - Riverside (Royal Room) & 7 nights at Pop Century

Who:
My mom (Barb) & I (Kim)
DSC02693.JPG

We both look forward to these trips! It is really perfect because we get along so well and pretty much enjoy the same things.

I hope you'll enjoy reading about our time at the Most Magical Place on Earth!

Last edited:

MRGEFF

Really enjoying your TR. And yes those movie previews at SciFi are real(cheesy too). The Invasion of the Saucer Men is over 50 years old and still gives me the creeps. That movie is probably why I am afraid of getting shots even at 65 years old.

disneypearl

Original Poster
Really enjoying your TR. And yes those movie previews at SciFi are real(cheesy too). The Invasion of the Saucer Men is over 50 years old and still gives me the creeps. That movie is probably why I am afraid of getting shots even at 65 years old.

They do look like fun movies. It's good to know that they are actually real! I'm going to try and look some of them up. The Invasion of the Saucer Men would be a good start if I can find it.

disneypearl

Original Poster
June 27

Today was our only Animal Kingdom day of the trip. My mom had a bag with her this day so needed to do bag check. She got in line and I went on the other side to meet her. It took a long time waiting and I started to wonder if she walked by me without seeing me. I took a picture for a family with the Animal Kingdom sign in the background and wandered around for a little bit. I then walked over to the bag check area and saw her still waiting. I stayed there so I would find her easily.
IMG_1557.JPG

We had an early Fastpass+ scheduled for Kilimanjaro Safaris. I think this ride is the perfect way to start a day at Animal Kingdom. I love how every ride is different on what you will see. I cannot wait for the hyenas to have their home here. I tried to figure out exactly where they will eventually be but I couldn't figure it our for sure.
IMG_1558 (2).JPG

IMG_1564.JPG

IMG_1567.JPG

IMG_1576.JPG

IMG_1590.JPG

It is amazing to me to be able to see these beautiful animals so close. I don't care how many times I ride this it is always exciting.
We went to go and visit the new Harambe Market. It was way to early for lunch so we didn't eat but I did ask for a couple glasses of ice water. We thought the Harambe Market was so well themed. I am so surprised to say I didn't take one picture of this area. It must've been the heat. ;) We then went to tour Zuri Sweet Shop. This was also brand new to Animal Kingdom. This was so nice inside and had treats that were themed for the park. We wanted to get something later so we just window shopped. They had so many good things to pick from like monkey caramel apples and zebra cookies. :hungry:
IMG_1593.JPG

We needed to walk over to DinoLand USA for our next Fastpass+ for Dinosaur. I love this ride! On the walk over we saw this sight. We both commented on how some people must've had to walk down those steps. (Remember that for later :bookworm:)
IMG_1594.JPG

We made it to DinoLand! :D
IMG_1597.JPG

disneypearl

Original Poster
June 27 continued

We got on Dinosaur very quickly. This is such a fun ride. The line for stand-by was long so this was going to be our only chance to ride this trip.
IMG_1598.JPG

IMG_1599.JPG

IMG_1603.JPG

After Dinosaur we were feeling hungry so it was time for lunch. We wandered over to Restaurantosaurus and continued the dinosaur theme. I think it's so great that they have it set up so you may get refills. It's a great thing, especially in the summer. My mom had the Macaroni & Cheese Hot Dog and I had the Chicken Nuggets. They were both good!
DSC02818.JPG

This is the room we ate in. It was themed like the hangout room of the paleontologists. It was fun but the music they played was a little loud.
IMG_1610.JPG

DSC02821.JPG

IMG_1608.JPG

My mom decided that she wanted to go and ride Expedition Everest. We went over and she got in the single rider line. It usually doesn't take so long so I went to wait in the gift shop. It was taking forever for her to come back. They told me that Everest was stopped and they were evacuating those still on the ride. Remember how we saw those empty trains stopped earlier? Once she got back she told me that she was on the same part of the track but at a lower part than what we saw. She got us each a paper Fastpass but we never did end up using it.
IMG_1617.JPG

IMG_1618.JPG

DSC02827.JPG

FlaggNL

Hej thanks for the updates! Still following along! Love all the pictures! Makes me 're-live' our own trip! And we are just 72 days away for the next one!

MRGEFF

June 27 continued

We got on Dinosaur very quickly. This is such a fun ride. The line for stand-by was long so this was going to be our only chance to ride this trip.
View attachment 104390

View attachment 104392

View attachment 104393
After Dinosaur we were feeling hungry so it was time for lunch. We wandered over to Restaurantosaurus and continued the dinosaur theme. I think it's so great that they have it set up so you may get refills. It's a great thing, especially in the summer. My mom had the Macaroni & Cheese Hot Dog and I had the Chicken Nuggets. They were both good!
View attachment 104396
This is the room we ate in. It was themed like the hangout room of the paleontologists. It was fun but the music they played was a little loud.
View attachment 104400

View attachment 104395

View attachment 104399
My mom decided that she wanted to go and ride Expedition Everest. We went over and she got in the single rider line. It usually doesn't take so long so I went to wait in the gift shop. It was taking forever for her to come back. They told me that Everest was stopped and they were evacuating those still on the ride. Remember how we saw those empty trains stopped earlier? Once she got back she told me that she was on the same part of the track but at a lower part than what we saw. She got us each a paper Fastpass but we never did end up using it.
View attachment 104403

View attachment 104404

View attachment 104407
Mac and Cheese Hot Dog????? I thought you meant mac and cheese AND a hot dog. My cholesterol rose just looking at that picture.

disneypearl

Original Poster
Hej thanks for the updates! Still following along! Love all the pictures! Makes me 're-live' our own trip! And we are just 72 days away for the next one!
Thanks, your trip is getting really close now!

Mac and Cheese Hot Dog????? I thought you meant mac and cheese AND a hot dog. My cholesterol rose just looking at that picture.
Yes, but I hear it was delicious. :)

disneypearl

Original Poster
Have fun on your trip!
Thank you! I had a great time in the Rocky Mountains.

Enjoy your camping trip!
Thanks! I had a fun time!

Welcome to Colorado!!!!! Enjoy your stay in this beautiful state!
Yes, Colorado is beautiful! My brother and his family live in Estes Park. I had a great time playing with my niece and nephew and having them show me all the things they like to do. :D

Can't wait for EE. I hope it's not broken when we are there! Never been on it!

Enjoy your trip!!
Thanks! I hope you'll have good luck with EE. It was the first time it was like that when we were there so you're probably good.

disneypearl

Original Poster
June 27 continued

Our next Fastpass+ was for Kali River Rapids and that was good news. It was the perfect time of day to cool off with a water ride. There was still a little bit of a wait even with our Fastpass but that was alright. It seems everyone else wanted to get wet as well. More often than not we take our trips to WDW in January and so we don't always want to ride Kali. Today was different though so we were ready for what it would bring us.
IMG_1620.JPG

IMG_1621.JPG

IMG_1624 (4).JPG

We didn't get as wet as some of the people on our raft but enough to feel refreshed. We decided a cool treat was in order and we went to find one. :hungry:
IMG_1625.JPG

We found some! (Mickey Premium for Mom & Frozen Strawberry treat for me) :hungry:
IMG_1626.JPG

It was now time for one of our very favorite things to do at WDW. The Festival of the Lion King show. This show is actually the inspiration for my dog Shenzi's name. We took a trip a few years back while I was waiting for my new puppy. I decided to pick a name for her on my trip to help with the wait for her. I wanted something Disney but not too noticeable. I had a few ideas but decided to name her Shenzi because of the Fire Hyena part in this show. That name fit her well her first year, now she acts more like a Tumble Monkey. :joyfull:
IMG_1643.JPG

IMG_1632.JPG

IMG_1642.JPG

Great show as always and we thought that we would try to see it again later. These are some talented people!
We went and looked at the Tree of Life before going to see It's Tough to be a Bug. I love the detail they put into this and am always seeing new animals.
IMG_1645.JPG

IMG_1646.JPG

disneypearl

Original Poster
June 27 continued

IMG_1648.JPG

We went to see It's Tough to be a Bug and enjoyed it as always. There are so many fun parts to this show. This is one of my favorite Pixar films. I would like to put this picture up in my bathroom but haven't done it yet. :p
IMG_1649.JPG

This is one of the few times during the trip that my fever started to bother me a little. I was happy that there was a little place to sit while I waited for the show to start. It was even okay with me that it was by some of the dung. o_O
DSC02838 (2).JPG

We wandered around a little to decide what we wanted to do next. We saw Russell and Dug on their way to their meet and greet. The line was pretty long so we kept going. Up is another great Pixar movie.
IMG_1652.JPG

We figured that Kilimanjaro Safaris would be fun to do again. We started heading that way and stopped for some water before our ride in Africa. I really love how any place you go to will happily give you some ice water. That saved me quite a bit of money this trip.
IMG_1658.JPG

Kilimanjaro Safaris in the heat of the day didn't seem too promising but it proved to be a good ride. We got pretty lucky with our animal viewing once again! The wait for the ride was pretty short too!
IMG_1660.JPG

I've never seen this Baobab tree with leaves yet! :joyfull:
IMG_1666 (2).JPG

Baby Giraffes :inlove:
IMG_1669.JPG

Thirsty Cheetah (or maybe hungry?)
IMG_1674.JPG

The lions were awake and enjoying the day. :)
IMG_1678.JPG

We didn't walk the Pangani Forest Exploration Trail or the Maharajah Jungle Trek this trip. I feel a little bad about it but it was just too hot I guess. We always do them but we decided to wait until next time. We did get to see many animals on Kilimanjaro Safaris so we were happy with that. :)

fractal

I'm also a big fan of LK show and Tough to be a Bug. Very under appreciated in my opinion.

Sorry about the fever - not a good mix with heat and walking, but looks like you made the most of it.

KaraJoy73

The pic of you on Dumbo is pretty cool.

I saw Fantasmic for the first time earlier this year. I was blown away! Absolutely loved it! Although I've seen a thread on here where it seems not everyone feels the same about it. I haven't seen any of the other parks shows (just some fireworks) and can't wait to get another chance in November. If they're anything like Fantasmic, I can't wait!

Also loved FOTLK. I thought it was amazing and very well done. Can't wait to see it again.

Thanks for the tip about viewing Wishes from the side of the castle. I'm keeping that in mind. That and the build your own Droid at Tatooine Traders. I love Star Wars but didn't get a chance to explore the shop. Looking forward to it in November.

I'm following along, can't wait to hear more!

disneypearl

Original Poster
Yay! I was excited to read the next installment and here it is! :D
Thanks! Yes, it's nice to be back to writing about the trip!

I'm also a big fan of LK show and Tough to be a Bug. Very under appreciated in my opinion.

Sorry about the fever - not a good mix with heat and walking, but looks like you made the most of it.
Thank you! I didn't let it bother me enough to slow me down.

Loving this TR! Great photos! I'd love to do a mother daughter trip one day.
Thanks! My mom and I love to enjoy Disney together. :)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom