1. The new WDWMAGIC app for iPhone and iPad is now available on the App Store.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Welcome to the WDWMAGIC.COM Forums!
    Please take a look around, and feel free to sign up and join the community.You can use your Twitter or Facebook account to sign up, or register directly.
    Dismiss Notice

Pre-Trip I"M GOING TO DISNEY and I'M STAYING IN A DELUXE!

Discussion in 'WDW Trip Reports' started by Zipitidoda, Feb 20, 2017.

1. Zipitidoda

Zipitidoda Well-Known Member

So I wasn't planning on doing a pre trip report so soon but since I have the day off thanks to the past presidents I figured I'd get it started rather then get on the tread mill. Plus Tuvalu looks like she might be taking a few weeks off and I'll have nothing else to look forward too. :)

I'm so excited for this trip! We will be staying in our very first Deluxe! This could be bad for us, I may get spoiled!! This is also our first time renting points. Everything went smooth and hopefully nothing happens between now and our trip.

A few of the details:

WHO: Just J and I will be taking this trip
    IMG_0571.JPG
    Unfortunately this photo is a year old. It's the only one I have on hand at the moment that doesn't have one of us making a face.

WHEN: September 14-18. It'll be an awesome 4 nights over our anniversary weekend!!

WHERE: Animal Kingdom Lodge Kidani Village!! Whoop Whoop!

2. lostpro9het

lostpro9het Well-Known Member

1jzvh5.jpg
    Your Husband's beard is more impressive on Untappd...

3. Zipitidoda

Zipitidoda Well-Known Member Original Poster

HOW OUR TRIP CAME TO BE: Well I have two Band Geeks @Tuvalu ;) and every four years our high school Marching Band takes a trip to Disney. Well this is the year and I have a Saxophonist and a Drummer (it gets loud at our house every now and then) so I thought what better way to get my Disney fix so I'll plan on chaperoning their trip...... Then after pricing the trip for them and myself I came up with a better idea. J and I could go by ourselves, stay at a deluxe, go to some signature dining and even go to a park for a little over the cost of me being a chaperone. So hmmmm my choices are go with 50 band geeks and stay off property or go with J. It was a hard decision. :joyfull:

What we will be doing: (I'll quit yelling my plans :D) So far this will be a trip of relaxation. With three full days and two half days. We will only be going to one park. Animal Kingdom :eek:. I know not many love this park but I do and it is so beautiful! It is also the park my kids like the least and we would always be rushed. I haven't even been on Maharajah Trails or the Gorilla Falls ( I think that's what It's called) since 2006! Plus with ROL and Pandora being open it is a no-brainer for us.

When our 180 day mark opens up I'll be making some first time signature dining reservations. Right now we are leaning towards Tiffins and California Grill. With a possibility of Yatchsman. We will also be drinking around the monorail and hitting up a few super secret places thanks to @lostpro9het . Also a stop at Big River Brewery on the Boardwalk thanks to @xdan0920 . J is a big fan of Craft Beers and we were happy to learn that Big River has it's own Brewery.

Last edited: Mar 10, 2017
  4. Zipitidoda

lol. He loves his new found hair. Whatever makes him happy...:)

I did hear about this awesome place that has a great list of beers ;)

LisaBelle, Jess G and lostpro9het like this.
  5. Tiggerish

Tiggerish Resident Redhead Premium Member

Sounds like a GREAT trip!

Definitely consider the Yachtsman. ;)

I arrive on Sept. 23rd. :cautious:

6. amjt660

amjt660 Well-Known Member

Count me in

Max

LisaBelle, Jess G and Zipitidoda like this.
  7. Tuvalu

Tuvalu Premium Member

Even a mom of band geeks doesn't want to be around band geeks....:cautious:

Just sayin'. :D

8. Zipitidoda

Tuvalu, that's the funniest thing you've said yet!! :hilarious:
    Thanks

I'm trying to talk him into a 3rd signature. :happy: We'll see. It actually sounds better to me than CG, but I would like to watch the new MK night show on top of the roof top since we won't be going to MK this trip.

I haven't forgot about those girl cruises. Would love to go eventually.

9. Zipitidoda

How I'm dreaming our days will go:

Arrival - depending on what time I can get flights for I would definitely like to just soak in the AKL and explore. If we're not to tired I would like to head to Disney Springs. The main reason is to stop by the Art of Shaving that I heard about from @dclfan . J's beard isn't quite as impressive yet but he's getting there. I really think J will love some pampering. Then possibly check out Raglan Road or Jock Lindsey's.

Our 1st full day - Pool, Pool, and some more Pool. Maybe some bread service from Sanaa. Maybe a few drinks. Probably a nap. Eventually we should clean up and go to CG for some dinner, then some Wishes. Oh wait no, I'll never get to see Wishes again. :cry: I guess I'll have to settle for some Happily Ever Something Show. o_O Then to drown my sorrows over Wishes I'm going to have to drink around the Monorail. We'll try to get into Trader Sam's then stop at Grand Floridian for another. :D By then J will have to carry me back to the resort because I'm a light weight or a cheap date, whatever saying works for you.

Day 2 - I'm guessing some more pool time but a little less of it. By the afternoon I'd like to head to Boardwalk and stop at Big River Brewery for J. I don't want to eat here maybe just watch J drink beer. :) Because where I want to go is II Muliano for some pizza :hungry:. Later in the evening is when I might want to add Yatchmans to our reservations. This evening could also be a drink around the Monorail if previous day doesn't work out.

Day 3 - Animal Kingdom day!! Tiffins for Dinner!! I'm sure we'll take a mid day break. J doesn't like to stay at park from open to close. He needs to take a break. He is older than me :). And thanks to @TrolleyFollower91 there is a little place that sells delicious adult drinks next to Tusker House. Dawa Bar?

Departure Day - Not sure when we'll have to leave yet. Hoping we'll get a few hours to just stay at the resort and enjoy the atmosphere.

This is how I see it in my head but as you all know Disney plans never seem to go as planned.

Last edited: Feb 20, 2017
    coachwnh, fractal, 21stamps and 15 others like this.
  10. Tiggerish

Tiggerish Resident Redhead Premium Member

Citricos Lounge has a nice view.

Dawa Bar is a hidden gem;)

11. TheMouseFan

TheMouseFan Well-Known Member

Yay! So excited you get to go back! Can't wait to follow along.

LisaBelle and Zipitidoda like this.
  12. dclfan

dclfan Well-Known Member

He will absolutely love the experience @Zipitidoda. After art of shaving we also went to Jock Lindsey's and I highly recommend it. The bar is so well themed.

13. Zipitidoda

I've read a lot of really good things about Jock's so we're looking forward stopping in and checking it out. Do you have to have an appointment at Art of Shaving or can you just walk in for a trim.

Thanks for reading!! Can't wait to hear about your trip when you get back.

LisaBelle and TheMouseFan like this.
  14. Jess G

Jess G Well-Known Member

yayyyy!!! you already know I'm following :)

15. dclfan

dclfan Well-Known Member

We just walked in and they happen to have space available in about a half hour so we made the appointment and walked around for a little bit until it was our time. If you know what time your going to be there it wouldn't hurt to call ahead just to be sure you get in since they do take reservations . Not sure if we were lucky or if they are always so accommodating.

16. Big Hair

Big Hair Active Member

Plan is outstanding. I want to know more about the super secret places. I am excited and I am not even going until October. Well I am excited about October but you got me going at a frenzy now. Yachtsman, one of my favorites, Cali grill to die for, how did Tuvalu get last minute reservations at fireworks time, and the monorail crawl, outstanding. I am pumped and its not even my trip.

MySmallWorldof4 and LisaBelle like this.
  17. Zipitidoda

Let me know what happens with you guys and what you decide!

LisaBelle and Jess G like this.
  18. Zipitidoda

Thanks for the info. J will love it.

Your excitement is making me excited!! I'm glad you think Cali grill is that good. To be honest I was a little worried everyone hyped it up and it wasn't as great as everyone makes it out to be. Where will you be staying in October?

19. blgauger

blgauger Well-Known Member

How exciting!!! Looks like you have some awesome plans laid out so far! I love the thought of a relaxing, "slow down" trip. I can't wait to have some of these after our move! I need to get my head wrapped around renting points.. Everybody always seems to get such great deals on deluxe and I want in!!!

I giggled maybe a little too much at this.. Dylan calls me a light weight and I tell him that I'm just a cheap date. :rolleyes:

20. Zipitidoda

OHHH That's right! Did you move to Florida? If not, when's the big move. How exciting! You can be like @Tuvalu. Those are some big shoes! We will start expecting monthly reports. :)

It's kind of embarrassing being such a light weight. I try and I try but can't seem to build a tolerance :happy: