I love Southwest!!!

rainfully

re: the preboard... it ALWAYS stinks flying to orlando because there are always tons of kids that get to preboard... heh

An unrelated story...

On on one of my more recent flights... they specifically announced before the flight that they were booked way under capacity... and so be more than welcome to SPREAD OUT.

I was one of the first to board the plane, and grabbed a window seat towards the front. The people DIRECTLY in back of me in line sat right next to me.... which included a girl about 5 years old who proceeded to fall asleep ON me... as I looked around the plane at all the empty seats. :brick:

Victoria

Not old, just vintage.
rainfully said:
re: the preboard... it ALWAYS stinks flying to orlando because there are always tons of kids that get to preboard... heh

An unrelated story...

On on one of my more recent flights... they specifically announced before the flight that they were booked way under capacity... and so be more than welcome to SPREAD OUT.

I was one of the first to board the plane, and grabbed a window seat towards the front. The people DIRECTLY in back of me in line sat right next to me.... which included a girl about 5 years old who proceeded to fall asleep ON me... as I looked around the plane at all the empty seats. :brick:

OMG. You are too good to not say anything. I would have either asked them to move or climbed back over them as rudely as possible to go find another seat.

Now I think I know why Rob called it Air Moo. :lol:

RickEff

Original Poster
DMC-12 said:
I like Southworst's prices..... BUT HATE their cattle call seating!! ? Who else does that? People cut in line in the A, & B group lines. People flat out ABUSE the priority seating call before they board the group A's. Its really starting to annoy me. So much in fact... I am pondering switcing over to AirTran. I'll pay the few extra bucks to not have to deal with that garbage anymore. :mad:

I used to love ATA, and would fly them all the time before they sold off most of their gates to Southwest at Midway Airport. At least with ATA you had an assigned seat. :(

I understand what you're saying. It is frustrating. For me though, not only is Southwest by FAR the cheapest way to get to WDW, it's also the only airline that offers a direct flight. The hassles of a layover or worse, changing planes far outweighs the other SW issues.

Yellow Shoes

Years ago, we were flying out of Orlando on TWA (I told you it was a long time ago!)

There was a problem of some sort, and our flight was delayed about an hour.

I don't recall angry customers, but I'm sure there were some. I do remember that we had a supervisor there as well as the regular gate agents.

When it was time to board, the agent said something like:
We are now ready to board the plane. Since this is Orlando, nearly everyone is traveling with children, so there will be no pre-board for families. We will, however, pre-board anyone with a disability.
(Mind you, this was TWA, and everyone had reserved seats, so the need for pre-board wasn't as big a deal as it is on Southwest)

Perhaps because we were over tired, this just cracked my Dad and me up and we giggled about it all the way home.

Victoria

Not old, just vintage.
Well. It looks like if I leave a day prior to when I wanted to (the 17th instead of the 18th) We can BOTH fly on Southwest for $250 in stead of $450. Only problem is we will then have to find someplace inexpensive to stay for the extra night. Anyone wanna babysit us for the night? Lol. :lol:

jaylenofan86

By the way, the "fun fares", "internet specials", and others are just a different form of booking codes. "Fun fares" usually mean that the cheaper fares are gone because of a half-full flight or you are out of the minimum days before flight purchase. "Internet specials" usually mean that the flights are not selling well, so they discount the flights to bring more people on the plane, then turn around and charge higher prices since the plane gets loaded more! I hope this out! :wave:

ErickainPA

If you have a family, you want to be sure to check in on-line so you get A seating. B seating is not bad at all, as when we traveled it seemed lots of A people moved to the middle/back part of the plane (most people with babies, kids or handicapped people get near the front of the plane) I have had C seating before and it's not that bad, definately easier if you are just a single going, for a family you would have to ask to have people move around or just be spread out in the next open seats.

Boarding is usually pretty quick on Southwest as opposed to the other big airlines with assigned seats. One of our flights we actually left 10 mins before scheduled because people got on so fast and seated that we could leave fast.

DisneyBride94

Wow! That's great! Thanks for sharing! :)
We booked Jetblue from Boston direct to MCO already... we were fearful we'd end up in the same boat as last year--waiting and waiting for a better deal--and never finding one... so, with all the fuel costs this year...we figured we better lock in early. Last year we couldn't even find decent flights at decent times--had to book connecting flights...it was NOT GOOD!

:)

Victoria

Not old, just vintage.
Well it is official. We are booked on CattleCall Airlines for August 17th (the day prior to what I had wanted) and August 23rd. The grand total for the two of us to fly is $317 including all taxes and fees. :)sohappy: )

I think we are just going to take the first day we are there to just veg, hang around the pool, and maybe go to Downtown Disney.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom