I know this has been talked about ad nauseam but...

fjm777

We are headed to WDW in December to get the free dining and free park hoppers! However, because we value our sleep, we wish to avoid any resorts where the tour groups are staying. On a previous trip, i saw a group unloading at the POR which was surprising to me. I would have thought they would be staying at the value resorts.

Can anyone give advice on which resorts (Moderates or Value) should be clear of such groups? Art of Animation, Caribbean Beach, Other ?

Thank you for letting me dredge this up again. Not trying to disparage anyone, just want to have some peace and quiet at night.

DiSnEyF@n

I'm not really sure, but I am curious to see what others say. I would assume that staying at AoA would be your best bet, but again, I am not sure. Maybe google it and see what comes up?

Upvote 0

becca_

I know a lot of cheerleading groups, school tours, etc. tend to stay in the All Stars, so I would stay clear of those if possible. Maybe try Pop instead?

Upvote 0

Tuvalu

Premium Member
I know a lot of cheerleading groups, school tours, etc. tend to stay in the All Stars, so I would stay clear of those if possible. Maybe try Pop instead?
Pop also hosts the cheerleaders and twirlers and SA tour groups.
Of the All Stars, Music is your best bet for avoiding groups.
Caribbean Beach also hosts groups. Groups are less likely at Port Orleans French Quarter.

@fjm777, the free dining offer does not include free park hopper. You must purchase park hopper tickets in order to qualify for free dining.

Upvote 0

Minnie Mum

Large tour groups aren't that common in Dec. But Pop Warner invades WDW, usually the first week of Dec. You definitely want to avoid the resorts they are at. They're usually at at least one of the Values (All Star Sports ) and at least one of the Mods. Because of the construction at CBR and CSR, who knows which mod resorts will have them this year. Maybe check out the Pop Warner website to find out.

Upvote 0

JIMINYCR

No POFQ isn't always safe either. A couple of years ago they staying there, running outside the rooms at night, singing, cheering at all hours on the grassy areas, taking over the hot tub, making our stay miserable. None of the chaperones had control of them and the resort staff did nothing to quiet their disruption of other guests.

Upvote 0

correcaminos

Bite the bullet and stay at a Deluxe if it's that important to avoid groups.
But then you might get conventioneers*gasp*
(yes sarcasm)

Generally speaking values have the most chance of groups. Moderates less - with CSR gearing towards conventions more than groups. Deluxes will have conventions but not as many groups. All can have them though. I've had people talk of cheerleaders at SSR as well so none are immune.

Upvote 0

rob0519

But then you might get conventioneers*gasp*
(yes sarcasm)

Generally speaking values have the most chance of groups. Moderates less - with CSR gearing towards conventions more than groups. Deluxes will have conventions but not as many groups. All can have them though. I've had people talk of cheerleaders at SSR as well so none are immune.

We've gotten conventioneers. The only way we can stay at a deluxe is when they run the 25%-30% off room only promo. We can't go as often, but we do like the resorts.

Upvote 0

wendysue

The last time we stayed at All Star Sports, it was chaos every night. They did end up comping us for two nights, so all good, but still won't go back. We also saw large groups at Caribbean Beach a couple years ago.

Upvote 0

ninjaprincesst

November and December has tons of college bands, and they tend to be much larger groups than the high school bands of Spring Break, and being as they are "adults" they are not chaperoned like the high school bands. I would suggest as someone stated earlier bit the bullet and go for Deluxe,plus with deluxe you will get the free dining instead of quick service.

Upvote 0

correcaminos

We've gotten conventioneers. The only way we can stay at a deluxe is when they run the 25%-30% off room only promo. We can't go as often, but we do like the resorts.
They don't bother me in the least to see. Some seem bothered by people in "suits" for some reason though

Upvote 0

rob0519

They don't bother me in the least to see. Some seem bothered by people in "suits" for some reason though

I don't get it either. I was one of those suit wearing conference goers for more than 20 years. The conventioneers, however, are the reason the CR lobby looks more like a Hyatt Regency than a Disney resort.

Upvote 0

correcaminos

I don't get it either. I was one of those suit wearing conference goers for more than 20 years. The conventioneers, however, are the reason the CR lobby looks more like a Hyatt Regency than a Disney resort.
I don't recall thinking that while staying there myself about the lobby. It's been 4 years since I've visited so I may not recall it well. After the Dolphin, no lobby looks themed to me by comparison though ;)

Upvote 0

LAKid53

Official Member of the Girly Girl Fan Club
Premium Member
Other than AoA, avoid all Values. During one of our stats at CBR, we ran into groups of cheerleaders. My suggestion if your budget won't accommodate a Deluxe, try the Ft. Wilderness cabins. You get a one bedroom with a full kitchen...and it's a Moderate. Plus, at Christmas time, lots of guests decorate their cabins. If you decide on a cabin, seriously consider renting a golf cart - it will make getting around much easier.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom