I just switched our Honeymoon trip from POR to CBR. Good Idea?

Chaset24

Original Poster
We decided that getting a gift card would be nice, plus we are staying for 9 nights so it will be substantial. We are getting a Pool/water view room.. I know that views really don't matter at most moderates considering they don't have balconies. Does anybody have pictures of the view from this room type though? I hope the construction doesn't take away from our honeymoon though... I'm curious as to what others thoughts on this are though? If you were going on your honeymoon would the construction bother you?

Last edited:

MickeyMomV

The construction would not bother us at all. One thing to think about is that the pool view rooms are usually a little noisier because they are by the pool and main walkways. Being a honeymoon you may want it a little quieter incase you want to sleep in in the morning. ;)

Chaset24

Original Poster
The construction would not bother us at all. One thing to think about is that the pool view rooms are usually a little noisier because they are by the pool and main walkways. Being a honeymoon you may want it a little quieter incase you want to sleep in in the morning. ;)

Thanks that is something to keep in mind :)

Spectro

Both lovely resorts. I love the theming at both and find both romantic as you have the swinging loveseats at cbr and beautiful bridges over bayous and the gazebo at POR. I would sincerely hope the construction does not detract from your enjoyment. They were renovating g rooms when I last stayed there and there was a bit of noise when waiting for bus, I guess it depends which section you are assigned. I'm thinking this is one time the pirate rooms may be preferable due to location away from the main area where construction taking place.

sophie_the_pooh

Well, 75$ a night gift cards will help pay the bill for very nice and romantic dinners at more expensive locations... And if I remember my honeymoon correctly, even the sound of the most intense construction wouldn't have distracted us from what we wanted to do... Which was to sleep and play cards, of course...:rolleyes:

s&k'smom

Having spent my honeymoon there and being married 26 years I think it's a great idea! Have a wonderful time. Check out youtube someone is always posting video's of the resorts so it's a great way to get current pics.

Mark P.

Construction on property may be a little off-putting depending on how much time you plan on spending at your resort, but an extra $75 a night will go a long way toward making your honeymoon special. Book a tour or signature dining experience (or several) you otherwise might not have!

Epcot82Guy

I agree. Given the length of time you'll be there, you should settle in just fine. I might suggest adding that to your reservation if you can. Not likely to get a lot - but they appear to be trying to accomodate folks given the circumstances.

What I might recommend, given the amount you'll get back in gift cards is thinking about splitting your stay at another property for 1-2 nights at the beginning or the end. 7 nights of gift cards would give quite a bit to go toward a room elsewhere (plus some signature dining)! And, Disney will transfer your luggage from CBR to your new resort the date you leave. I do it quite often. Having a couple nights somewhere special (especially at the end) is a nice way to celebrate without that room losing it's "novelty".

One word of caution, though... I know the gift card offer only applies for reservations booked on March 19 or earlier. So, you may want to call Disney and confirm you would still get the cards for the 7 nights if you shorten the length of your stay.

LeighM

We stayed at Riverside for our honeymoon. But then again I'm partial to POR lol. We spend more of our time at the resort, especially when it's hot and humid or the parks are too crowded midday. For that reason alone, I wouldn't want to stay at a resort that was undergoing major construction, especially during what I would hope to be a romantic trip. If I was going to be in the parks most of the day and only at the resort to sleep, then I probably wouldn't mind staying at CBR. But the other thing to keep in mind is that POR might be very busy with people moving their reservations from Caribbean Beach or Coronado Springs, which would lead to more crowded bus stops and food court. For that length of stay, did you look into renting DVC points? You might be able to stay at a deluxe for the same price as a moderate.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom