I Just Got My Acceptance Letter!

CaptainMichael

Original Poster
The only thing I'm nervous about is raising enough money before my program starts so I can buy a convertible! :ROFLOL:

You'll love it man. There are so many great people, they become like your family.

PS. If you get the Monorail, I'm gonna come ride up front with you after I get off work.

I just hope my truck makes it all the way:lol:

I hope so...I don't want to be locked up in an apartment full of crazy people:hammer:

Most definately.

Scar Junior

I hope so...I don't want to be locked up in an apartment full of crazy people:hammer:

Hey, 2 of my 5 roommates were certifiable! :lol: Seriously, one claimed to be a 'vampire' and stole from us and got kicked out for being beaten up (he started the fight)... and the other was just annoying: 6'8" who never showered/always smelled, cut his toe nails on the coffee table and was reported (by several girls) as being a stalker. The other roommates were awesome.

While these two guys were rare and extreme cases, the point is that its more than just your roommates who make the CP great. Guys and girls in your building, people in your classes, people you meet at PI or on the bus, people at work... you name it. I have several people from around the country I am still in touch with. You see them everyday while you're down there and have Halloween, Thanksgiving, Christmas, New Years, Super Bowl, Easter, etc. celebrations together and you don't miss home one bit.

If you're ever bored, call me up and we'll go to the beach. :wave:

tinkerbell88

Hey, 2 of my 5 roommates were certifiable! :lol: Seriously, one claimed to be a 'vampire' and stole from us and got kicked out for being beaten up (he started the fight)... and the other was just annoying: 6'8" who never showered/always smelled, cut his toe nails on the coffee table and was reported (by several girls) as being a stalker. The other roommates were awesome.

While these two guys were rare and extreme cases, the point is that its more than just your roommates who make the CP great. Guys and girls in your building, people in your classes, people you meet at PI or on the bus, people at work... you name it. I have several people from around the country I am still in touch with. You see them everyday while you're down there and have Halloween, Thanksgiving, Christmas, New Years, Super Bowl, Easter, etc. celebrations together and you don't miss home one bit.

:ROFLOL:

CaptainMichael

Original Poster
:eek:

I hope so...I'm very shy.

Linds'Ville

Thanks Scar, I was nervous about being away from my family for the holidays but you made me feel a little better :). I requested having a 6 person apartment, do you recommend it?

joanna71985

Thanks Scar, I was nervous about being away from my family for the holidays but you made me feel a little better :). I requested having a 6 person apartment, do you recommend it?

I actually am going to request a 3-BR myself. I have had a 2-BR on both my CPs, and would like to try more people.

Scar Junior

:lol:

I actually really liked the 6 person (3 bedroom) apt. With the exception of the first week, I don't think we were all in the apartment together more than a few times. Everyone has different schedules, so there are roommates you'll see more than others.

It's all subjective. I knew people in 1 bedroom and 2 bedroom apartments that were lonely, but I met some who loved it. I was friends with some girls who lived in a 4 bedroom at Chatham - pretty big apartments. Most of them liked their living conditions. It totally depends. Personally, I'd be fine living in either a 3 or 4 bedroom. I would prefer a 3 bedroom though because I liked the number of roommates I had last time. Additionally, if you have 5 roommates you're bound to find at least one or two who you can become close with and go do stuff with.

Some people view their apartment as a quiet sanctuary while on their program, and want only a few roommates. Others view it as a more social space.

The point is the number of roommates you choose is:
1. somewhat misleading because you will rarely see some of them
2. totally a personal decision based on if you want quiet or more of a social enviornment.

Hope this helps.

Scar Junior

I want quiet:lol: I also don't want to share a bathroom with a million people...GERMS!:hurl: :lookaroun

Ha! I hate sharing bathrooms too!

Be smart. Be the first one to the room so you can pick the bedroom with a private bathroom. Both Chatham and Vista have these bedrooms with bath. I was lucky to get one of these rooms when I did the CP.

... wow, i said 'room' 5 times in that post

Linds'Ville

I'm def. the opposite and want the social situation of lots of roommates! and I'm used to sharing a bathroom with 30 some girls after living in a dorm (though we're lucky enough to have a cleaning lady) but after college and being an elementary education major, I don't know if much phases me anymore :lol:

CaptainMichael

Original Poster
I'm def. the opposite and want the social situation of lots of roommates! and I'm used to sharing a bathroom with 30 some girls after living in a dorm (though we're lucky enough to have a cleaning lady) but after college and being an elementary education major, I don't know if much phases me anymore :lol:

I did the dorm thing also...I survived, but it's not something I enjoyed. And, a hall shower is different than one normal bathroom shared by everyone...:hurl:

Scar Junior

I'll let Joanna handle this one since shes been there more recently than I have. I walked several times to the grocery store or subway from Chatham. It's a good 10 minute walk, but I always enjoyed it. Also, Chik Fillet (sp?) is awesome... I wish we had them around here!

Edit: There is also a Bennigan's, a gas station and Walgreens (with liquor store) right outside of Vista.

joanna71985

I was wondering what resturants are located close to Vista and Chatham - I am not much of a cook!

There are a couple right within walking distance of Vista. I think there are some near Chatham, but it has a bit of a walk. The ones near Vista are Wendys and one more (I can't remember the name).

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom