I just dont see how you guys do it.....

Baldy

We go once a year. At the end of each trip we agree that we are going to take a break from Disney the following year. A few months go by and next thing I know I am booking another trip. I just can't help myself.

Baldy

It's hard to explain but the whole adventure of flying from Baltimore or DC to Orlando then taking the bus to WDW gave me a feeling I dont get now only living a hour away.
I totally agree. There is something about getting to the airport early in the morning and knowing that in a few short hours you will be on the DME. I haven't been back since they changed the DME video. I hope I still get that same excited, tingly feeling. I have heard the new one is not as good.

Spike-in-Berlin

I totally agree. There is something about getting to the airport early in the morning and knowing that in a few short hours you will be on the DME. I haven't been back since they changed the DME video. I hope I still get that same excited, tingly feeling. I have heard the new one is not as good.

When did they change the video? We used DME the first time in 2011 (our first "WDW only" trip, where we arrived at Orlando International for the first time and not Miami as usual).

Since1976

I'm always in the mood for WDW, but my desire to go back usually starts to kick back in about 90 days after our previous trip. Financial reality unfortunately lets us go only once a year, usually spaced out anywhere from 6 - 12 months.

Baldy

When did they change the video? We used DME the first time in 2011 (our first "WDW only" trip, where we arrived at Orlando International for the first time and not Miami as usual).
We went at the end of Aug. 2013. Some time after, I read somewhere on here that the video changed. Sorry. That's not very helpful. Maybe someone else can clarify exactly when and what changed.

DisneyGirl3820

We started going every other year, then it became every year and now it's twice a year. We live in the northeast so it's not a hop, skip and a jump to get to WDW but it's like a magnet that pulls us back. Now the familiarity makes us feel at home and we don't need to rush around anymore to do everything. We can truly enjoy our trips and can appreciate more of the details we once missed.

I look at WDW like an old friend--you might not see them in 20 years but when you do, it's like no time has passed and you can pick things up right where you left them!

Since1976

We go once a year. At the end of each trip we agree that we are going to take a break from Disney the following year. A few months go by and next thing I know I am booking another trip. I just can't help myself.

This is totally US. We always say we'll do something different next year, and never do. The closest we ever came to doing it was to do a Disney-free (Uni, SeaWorld, IoA only) Orlando trip one year -- and even then we still went to DTD and ate at a WDW Resort restaurant.

tsaintc

In 2012/2013, we logged over 60 days in the 'World and as we were leaving, we still wanted more.

It has been almost a year, I am personally to my breaking point. Thank goodness we have 4 trips planned thru summer of 2015.

popcenturylover

Going crazy right NOW!!! We don't have a trip planned now or for the immediate future! We went as a family for the first time in 09', (went twice as a kid) then we went in 12' & 13'. We're from Ohio so it's about an 18 hour drive so it's not like we can plan a quick weekend or anything. We like to stay for at least a week when we go. This year we are planning to visit our DD, DSIL, & DGS in SC & possibly going to D.C. to visit some of my DH's family. So, who knows when we'll go back but, hopefully it's sooner rather than later!!!

KCheatle

Those first few weeks back hurt... a lot. I have to go cold turkey on all things Disney for awhile after we get back because I can't stand it. I really can't come back to it until I'm in the phase of planning the next trip because, even though I know I'm going back, I can't handle talking about it until I know EXACTLY when I'm going back.

Last edited:

bebert

Once I get to the 6 month point after our last visit, I start to really miss it. My family was lucky enough to go twice in 2013 and both trips were great but, at the end of the week I was ready to go. I dont like to bash WDW but, the magic has worn off a bit for me. I am disappointed in the state of the parks but, it is more the rude crowds that are putting me off. We have been forced into the more crowded times of the years because of the kids school schedules. I think if we could get back to our early May, mid-October schedule I would enjoy it more.

bebert

Those first few weeks back hurt... a lot. I have to go cold turkey on all things Disney for awhile after we go back because I can't stand it. I really can't come back to it until I'm in the phase of planning the next trip because, even though I know I'm going back, I can't handle talking about it until I know EXACTLY when I'm going back.

Going cold turkey is a great way to describe it.

G8rchamps

So we did a week last June and had an amazing trip- kids were DS8 and DD5. we live in FL and had tried to space out our trips, but the kids were old enough to really get it this time. Went back for a quick weekend in Aug and bought AP's. Since then:

Sept- 4 day Labor day trip
Oct- Wed to Sun trip and MNSSHP- actually took kids out of school 2 days and will not do it again
Nov- In the area for Thanksgiving with family so we went Fri and Sat
Feb- 3 day Presidents day weekend
March 6 days for spring break - then stayed an extra night because we just couldn't leave.
May will be 3 day Memorial day trip/my birthday/7DMT (fingers crossed)
June 2 day work conference means a Sun to Sun stay at the boardwalk.

Passes expire in Aug and we don't plan to renew, but I think we may find one more weekend to go since we are only 2.5 hours away.

I will say that there are certain "skips" in going so often, but we have also tried several new things. The plan will be to take a year off, but Mickey make see me real sooner...

PolynesianPrincess

I have been 9 times in 3 1/2 years and I must say... going so frequently makes some of the magic fade away. But only a little! I just felt the anticipation for the trips weren't as over the top as they had been when we only went once a year. Not that I wasn't excited, because I was, just not as excited as before. I am leaving on my first trip to California on Saturday for 5 days at DLR and I am BEYOND excited! It's all new to me. This is how I used to feel before all of my WDW trips. We will definitely be cutting back on our trips to WDW to maybe once a year because we have discovered cruising on DCL. But there are days where I miss the magic soooooo much. Today is definitely one of those days! :(

PrincessMia

I totally get you. Last year, we went in mid-October. A friend went about a month later, and I remember feeling pain at the thought of her being there. I mean, I don't know if "depression" is quite accurate, but I really just felt SAD.

Brickcity Pauly

It's hard, no lie. The Disney hangover is a real thing. I usually go the first week or 2 home without seeing or viewing anything Disney related. Week 3 is usually when I'll start watching the Travel Channel documentaries and such, Youtube ride videos, etc.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom