Trip Report I highly suggest a no park trip!

We returned home Wednesday night from an amazing NO PARK TRIP, at my hubby's request. For years we have been going to WDW 2 or 3x a year and he has always begged me just to try it once so we can embrace all the other things Disney has to offer. I have now agreed to throw this exact type of relaxing trip into our yearly rotation.

You know how your one week trip to disney world, going to the parks everyday almost seems to be over in the blink of an eye? Well this 4 night/5 day trip honestly felt like a great amount of time. And as usual with our disney trips, we still couldn't get everything done that we wanted to.

Many of my pics will probably be out of order but I will try my best :)

Paging @21stamps @Zipitidoda @ajrwdwgirl @lostpro9het @Courtney6682 @blgauger @DonnaOnTheRocks @MinnieM123 @figmentfan423 @WDWDarling @amjt660 @bee @littleroo - The TR is officially started!

I apologize to anyone and everyone I forgot to tag.

Jess G

Original Poster
So after Sanaa lunch we headed over to the DVC tour. We regret not taking pics of the copper creek villa models , they were beautiful!

While at the tour we got a text our room was ready. We were booked in a preferred room and requested a Disney Springs view. We got exactly that. We were sooo close it was amazing. I didn't even realize SSR was that close to DS.

Views from our balcony ...
IMG_20170515_094126_253.jpg

Details...
0515171005.jpg

Jess G

Original Poster
Side story: When we checked in we found a man's wallet in the room. His AP, his DVC card, ID in the drawer. I felt so bad for him knowing he probably checked out that morning and ended his trip on a bad note... Imagine getting to an airport or halfway through a long ride home and not having your ID?! We quickly rushed it to cast members, maybe we could have returned it soon enough?! ... Remember this story for later guys... Karma is real!

We admired our room view and explored SSR all afternoon, of course took a walk downtown for shopping and drinks. We had a a cali grill reservation this night for fireworks.. Our first time dining there! We loved it there! Happily ever after was dare I say better than wishes?!

IMG_20170518_175104_388.jpg

bee

Side story: When we checked in we found a man's wallet in the room. His AP, his DVC card, ID in the drawer. I felt so bad for him knowing he probably checked out that morning and ended his trip on a bad note... Imagine getting to an airport or halfway through a long ride home and not having your ID?! We quickly rushed it to cast members, maybe we could have returned it soon enough?!
The suspense is killing me!!! :eek: :eek: :eek:

12in12

I am so glad to hear you loved HEA! I am not watching it online because I want to see it in person the first time but it has me nervous. I would hate to be disappointed and reviews have been mixed. Isn't CG the best? I have never had a bad meal there.

Jess G

Original Poster
Fast forward to the next day... Hubs slept in, I walked to Starbucks and Earl of Sandwich
0514171749.jpg

We rented bikes @ SSR for the day. We rode for a couple hours it was awesome. We were dying to check out the tree house villas up close and personal! We than went down to the pool for some relaxation (and serious sunburn)

IMG_20170630_090537_385.jpg
IMG_20170524_084540_996.jpg

After the pool we got ready to head downtown to eat wherever we end up, our time is usually not unplanned @ disney, I decided to keep this night open because hubby enjoys jumping on the MDE app just to see what ADRs are available for that night and we pick one (weird one night a trip tradition) We kept this going after randomly choosing 1900 park fare one night and LOVING it.

We ended up @ paddle fish. Originally we were just going to go up on the top tier to check it out and so I can get a drink but the menu was appealing so we decided to start ordering. Let me just say, the food and drinks were AMAZING. The chef worked with us to customize a dish for my hubby that was not listed on the menu. It ended up being a very special and fun experience. Especially when we realized we could actually see multiple firework shows from up there... Not the best view but very cool. Let me also say, this restaurant is a sticker shock even for Disney world. I am often more surprised @ disney, expecting to pay more than what it is... but I almost choked. 2 drinks, 2 apps and one entree was well over $150... Martinis were $16+ each ... not exactly what I was budgeting for our spur of the moment meal but hey, we had fun and enjoyed our meal and time together.

IMG_20170630_165428_407.jpg

IMG_20170526_125752_915.jpg

IMG_20170525_181835_902.jpg

Jess G

Original Poster
I am so glad to hear you loved HEA! I am not watching it online because I want to see it in person the first time but it has me nervous. I would hate to be disappointed and reviews have been mixed. Isn't CG the best? I have never had a bad meal there.
We really loved it and plan to start doing it every vacay!

gdisneyfans

jumping on the MDE app just to see what ADRs are available for that night and we pick one
I love this idea! I think we'll do this one night on our upcoming trip. There are so many great restaurants on Disney property, it's so hard to choose which ones to go to. It's like letting fate decide:joyfull:

DryerLintFan

Premium Member
OMG that would be the worst to get all the way to the airport and realize you don't have your wallet! Hopefully he wasn't driving because you can get 3-4 hours away before you need to stop for gas, and then he'd have no gas money to make it back!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom