Trip Report I highly suggest a no park trip!

We returned home Wednesday night from an amazing NO PARK TRIP, at my hubby's request. For years we have been going to WDW 2 or 3x a year and he has always begged me just to try it once so we can embrace all the other things Disney has to offer. I have now agreed to throw this exact type of relaxing trip into our yearly rotation.

You know how your one week trip to disney world, going to the parks everyday almost seems to be over in the blink of an eye? Well this 4 night/5 day trip honestly felt like a great amount of time. And as usual with our disney trips, we still couldn't get everything done that we wanted to.

Many of my pics will probably be out of order but I will try my best :)

Paging @21stamps @Zipitidoda @ajrwdwgirl @lostpro9het @Courtney6682 @blgauger @DonnaOnTheRocks @MinnieM123 @figmentfan423 @WDWDarling @amjt660 @bee @littleroo - The TR is officially started!

I apologize to anyone and everyone I forgot to tag.

Jess G

Original Poster
Saturday May 13th :

We flew American from CLT - MCO
0513170834.jpg

We were on Magic Express by 9:45am
0513170937b.jpg

Jambo house was the first stop! Yayy!!
20170513_105310.jpg

Upon check in we found out we were blessed with a beautiful savannah view. It was amazing and we were very excited to spend our next 24 hours there!
0513171224.jpg

IMG_20170516_002806_647.jpg

Jess G

Original Poster
Did your husband know that his shirt would look CLUTCH next to that DAKL lobby display, or was that a happy accident?

LOLLL ! He planned it all out. He's from Africa, his parents currently live in and own a clothing boutique in Cape Town, every Disney trip he has them send a dashiki for him to wear to AK or in this case AKL lol. They have sent me things as well but everything is cut very square and doesn't do well with my body type lol.

21stamps

Did your husband know that his shirt would look CLUTCH next to that DAKL lobby display, or was that a happy accident?
No one should ever use the word "clutch". Ever.

Saturday May 13th :

We flew American from CLT - MCO
View attachment 206413

We were on Magic Express by 9:45am
View attachment 206414
Jambo house was the first stop! Yayy!!
View attachment 206415

Upon check in we found out we were blessed with a beautiful savannah view. It was amazing and we were very excited to spend our next 24 hours there!
View attachment 206416
View attachment 206418

Love the shirt!! Love the view!! Can't wait to read more!!! I love non park time!!

Thanks for the tag!

Jess G

Original Poster
So just to clear up possible confusion I changed my outfit about 10 times over the course of my day and a half at AKL.

During the first day we took it slow. We spent a lot of time on our balcony and also enjoyed a walk over to kidani village.

20170513_215326.jpg

We sat at the bar in sanaa. I had a moscow mule and he had a mango lassi. Both were good!
20170513_211900.jpg

R W B

Looks like you all had a great time!

We've a couple trips where we either did no parks at all or only did a Xmas party and then a few extra days on property and yes, they are pretty great. Not as fast paced either.

21stamps

Or epic, right?! :D
Right!
Dope.

Saying "clutch" is better than wearing leggings.
I agree, saying clutch is just slightly better than a man wearing leggings.

So just to clear up possible confusion I changed my outfit about 10 times over the course of my day and a half at AKL.

During the first day we took it slow. We spent a lot of time on our balcony and also enjoyed a walk over to kidani village.

View attachment 206427

We sat at the bar in sanaa. I had a moscow mule and he had a mango lassi. Both were good!
View attachment 206428

What is a mango lassi? That looks delicious!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom