Trip Report "I heard they paint the knobs every night!" 7N w/ MNSSHP *Complete!*

A belated Trip Report from my October trip. Pre-trip is here!

Here's a super quick recap! There were 4 of us on this trip, from left to right:

Greg (19), my sister Ange (20), Greg's sister Amanda (23), and me (23)

MK_BELLEVILLAGEBRIDGEICONNC_7069385660.jpeg

We stayed at Coronado Springs (in two interconnecting rooms) from Sunday, October 12th to Sunday, October 19th. Everything else I guess we'll figure out along the way!

We met at the Buffalo airport for our 4:10pm flight and were eating sandwiches in the terminal when my sister snagged us new seats in the exit row! Hooray for extra leg room.

DSC_0002.jpg

A short (and very comfortable) flight later we were in Atlanta for a 5 hour layover. We grabbed dinner and then found a quiet comfy spot to get some work done. Greg's absorbed in his laptop.

DSC_0009.jpg

Amanda is reading something and trying to pretend she doesn't see me taking her photo.

DSC_0010.jpg

And Ange is doing some schoolwork to stay caught up!

DSC_0011.jpg

We made it to MCO around 12:30am on Sunday, October 12th and stayed overnight in the airport hotel. The next morning we woke up well rested, grabbed breakfast at McDonalds and drinks at Starbucks before finally stepping outside in Sunny Florida!

ScreenShot2015-01-04at30234PM.png

Selfie in the airport! We're so pumped to be somewhere where iced drinks are not only delicious but also appropriate for the climate.

We got a shuttle to the rental car place and quickly picked out our car. When we pulled out our GPS and turned it on though it took quite a while for it to realize we weren't in Canada anymore. We made do with our phones and some good guesswork until the GPS kicked in and before we knew it we were seeing one of my favourite sights!

DSC_0018.jpg

We were thrilled to be there because we insisted upon a compact car at the rental place despite our copious amounts of luggage. While we were determined to pull it off, the car rides to and from the airport were squishy to put it kindly.

When we got to Coronado Springs (around 11am if I remember correctly) our rooms were ready and interconnecting like we'd requested! We dropped off our bags, unpacked a little and then ran to Walmart for some breakfast foods. We grabbed a couple muffins, apples and bananas, and yoghurt. Then we went back to Coronado Springs and got lunch at Pepper Market.

As a reminder, we payed full price for the Quick Service Dining Plan on this trip. I was expecting to come out having "lost" a few dollars a day which I was alright with because of the convenience of having everything on our Magic Bands. I enjoyed pre-paying and then ordering whatever I liked without worrying while on vacation. I know there are other ways to do that and that the dining plan isn't for everything but it works for us. Still I was curious about how much we'd spend so I kept a tally on my phone of what we had for each meal and how much it would have cost. I'll give you the tally at the end! If you're wondering why most of the trip is a fuzzy memory and the meals are so clear - it's because I have a reference!

After lunch we went to the pool for a couple hours. Swimming, tanning, and making a gameplan!

IMG_3143.jpg

We made some FP+ for Magic Kingdom the next morning and planned to get there bright and early to line up for 7DMT since we weren't able to get fast passes for that, even months earlier.

After a swim we headed over to Downtown Disney for some shopping and dinner. I have this photo of our dinners because we texted it to our parents. They were on vacation together in Vegas at the time and we challenged them to guess who had what for dinner as we thought that what we'd each ordered was hilariously typical of us.

IMG_3150.jpg

TL: Pizza (Greg), TR: Pasta (Amanda, BL: Salmon (me), BR: Salad (Ange)

We had dinner, as you can guess, at Wolfgang Puck Express in the Marketplace. It is one of my absolute favourite QS restaurants and is definitely a great value on the dining plan. We did a little shopping and then headed back to Coronado Springs to finish unpacking and get a good night's sleep - we had big plans for the next day!

Up next: Our first park day, 7DMT, and more!

vcstr

Original Poster
After leaving Magic Kingdom we went back to our rooms, packed up our last things and then got a solid 4 hours of sleep. We woke up around 3:30am and loaded our bags into the rental car tetris-style. Everything went smoothly through our stopover at LGA and we landed on time in Buffalo. Our parents were nice enough to pick us up, having gotten back from their trip the day before.

Finally, a dining plan round up. I added up everything we bought and it came out to $42.59 per person per day, not including the cost of the mugs. The cost of the dining plan was $41.99! I'm honestly thrilled. I didn't really even expect to break even. This is our fifth time using the dining plan but the first time paying full-price for it. The first two times we we had free dining and the third and fourth times I was on my CP so I got it heavily discounted. I am definitely glad we bought it on this trip, even at full price. In the future I think every trip would be different if you were paying full price. At a discount, or if free dining is offered, I would take it every single time. It makes my trip feel so much more relaxed and we got so much variety in food.

All in all we had an amazing vacation. I was worried about our different personalities clashing with so much time spent together but we hardly ever even disagreed. I was so lucky to have gotten to take this trip with three people who are so incredibly special to me.

Thank you so much to everyone who has been following along! I really enjoyed writing this trip report and it's got me pretty excited for my next trip. There's nothing planned right now but I would give anything for a trip at Christmastime. I want to see the decorations so badly! I haven't told the others yet but I'm going to push for a short trip before or after next Christmas. I would even take a long weekend! We'll see how convincing I can be :)

mrdrift

That was a wonderful last day to end at MK. Love the splash mountain picture petting the rabbit. The final fireworks pictures were a cool end to the night. Glad to hear that the dinning plan was a good purchase for the trip. Thank you for sharing this trip with all of us. Will be watching for the next pre trip report.

ExtinctJenn

What a great report! I would so love to do a trip where things aren't really planned at all until you arrive but alas, with my kiddo in tow, it's going to be a while until we can. I just live vicariously through everyone else's trip reports though and yours is fantastic!

#Carouselfie!
But first, let me take a Shellfie!
These two selfie captions absolutely cracked me up! I'm seriously inspired to do something similar for our upcoming trip now. My husband is good with that sort of thing and I'm sure he'll come up with something! :D

I'm not great at knowing where the camera is.
Don't feel bad... I have no idea where the camera is on Space Mountain either. You at least seem to be somewhat close in the fact that you knew when to pose. Me, I always come off and go "wait, where was that??" LOL!

Today was our Animal Kingdom day! Amanda and Greg love love AK, but it's my least favourite park. I like it and I don't mind spending half a day to a day there but if I could only hit three I'd skip it in a heartbeat. In fact I have skipped it on multiple shorter trips.
Right there with you. We typically do it, have bypassed it completely once or twice, but never have we spent more than a half day there.

Andrea was Tinkerbell and Amanda and I were very loose interpretations of Aurora and Belle in their formal dresses. Most people assumed we were Flora, Fauna, and Merryweather which I was fine with (even though we were the wrong colours). A couple people thought Amanda and I were Rosetta and Fawn (the fairies). We went with whatever people thought. My personal favourite guess was "Belle in all her dresses" which I thought was really clever!
LOVE the Tutus! Greg should've been wearing one too though... that would've sold it!

"Where have you been all day?! I've been doing this all by myself!" -Tink
"Are you really a pirate or are you a Lost Boy pretending? Greeeeegggg? You're a lost boy, right?"
The "live" (non-silent) characters are always so fantastic when it comes to the things they say. They have an incredibly quick wit typically (something I definitely do not have) and always amaze me with how they can improvise so well, and so appropriately, with every single person they meet all day long.

Daughter: Mom, can you take my picture?
Mom: Sure honey. *points camera at her daughter and pretends to take a photo without leaving her texts*
Daughter: Can I see it?
Mom: No, not right now.
Daughter: Did you really take it?
Mom: Yes.
Oh man see... this is the sort of thing that really bugs me. That is tacky beyond tacky. Especially on a vacation to a place like Disney. If I had been in your seat I'm not sure I could've kept my mouth shut so good for you!

Greg and I were petting our rabbit friend.
I absolutely loved all of your on-ride photos! I always have this grand plan to do silly things but the furthest I've gotten has been to do the "rock-n-roll" hands on Rock 'N Rollercoaster (like you) and make a scared face on the Buzz shot. Beyond that I'm usually just screaming or laughing. Tower of Terror I'm pale white and hyperventilating but that's not just for the photo! :D

Again... awesome report! Loved it! Thanks for sharing!

vcstr

Original Poster
That was a wonderful last day to end at MK. Love the splash mountain picture petting the rabbit. The final fireworks pictures were a cool end to the night. Glad to hear that the dinning plan was a good purchase for the trip. Thank you for sharing this trip with all of us. Will be watching for the next pre trip report.
Thank you so much for reading!

vcstr

Original Poster
What a great report! I would so love to do a trip where things aren't really planned at all until you arrive but alas, with my kiddo in tow, it's going to be a while until we can. I just live vicariously through everyone else's trip reports though and yours is fantastic!

Thank you so much for the sweet comments :) I've never done a trip this spontaneous before but it was really fun. We had the highlights we wanted to do so we planned for those but otherwise we tried to be flexible.

Ride selfies were SO much fun. I wish I'd been able to think of more funny captions but I was pretty happy with those two :)

Have a blast on your trip, I hope you manage a Space Mountain photo where you're looking!

FlaggNL

It took some time for to catch up with some 'older' TR's! But great report! Thanks for sharing! Great pictures, and we had a 2 day overlap, but didn't find us on your pics :) LOL

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom