I hate Rainforest cafe

d'Isigny

I actually enjoyed my meal there this past July...but things can change in a matter of months...

I'm with everyone in that you should let Disney Know. I am sure that they would want to rectify the situation.

You might want to add that you talk to a network of people who make decisions on their dining experienced based on recommendations from site such as this one.

Flower'sChild

Wow all the bad reviews about Rainforest Cafe I am surprised. I must have lucked out because they where really good to me when I was at the Rainforest Cafe at Animal Kingdom. They told me they would honor my annual pass discount all day, even though it said only good at certain times and they did that.

They where very friendly to me and very helpful to me with my Vegan Diet. I told them I would be there at 2:00 P.M. that day and they had my name written down when I got there and the girl who look at my name was friendly. The guy who seated me was very friendly and asked how I was doing and if I was having a good day. The waitress was so nice and always made sure that I had enough to drink and she kept asking if my food was okay ect. >

The waitress also asked me if I was having a good time at Disney and everything. When I told her about my Vegan diet she was so nice about it and helpful. She said she will check with the chef about my Vegan diet. She came right back and told me what they could do. After I order and before my meal was sent she came back and reminded me that they where fixing my meal the way that I wanted and that it was coming ect. > After I was done she came to my table and was very friendly and told me to have a good day. Also when I was leaving I happend to walk past her and she smiled at me and told me to have a wonderful day :)

Well I am very shy and cute so I guess I got special attention * Blushes * he he > I just had to be cute and post that lol > But for real I guess it depends on a lot of things. I guess it depends on how nice your server is and how nice the manager on duty is ect. > After reading the first post on this thread and reading some of the other post on this thread I guess we could say that I was lucky and came at the right time and came at a time when the nice people where working there :)

Christina

I ate at the Rainforest Cafe for the first time just on Saturday and I despised it. I don't eat meat, so I ordered this pasta without sausage and they gave me one in sausage one...then I asked for another one and they just picked the sausages right out of my plate and gave it back! It was ridiculous! I finally gave up on eating and just ate garlic bread and minestrone soup (called "SAFARI SOUP") all night long. And the bill for four was a RIDICULOUS $120 AMERICAN. It was awful. Nobody had a good meal on Saturday and we made reservations to be inside and they bumped us outside.

I feel like they robbed my money and overall I hated the experience.

GaryT977

I've always thought the Rainforest Cafe's were really interesting looking, but had never eaten at one until lunch at the AK on Saturday.

Worst.
Restaurant.
Ever.

The themeing is great, bordering on impressive, but the ambiance leaves much to be desired. Constant screaming of "Blah Blegherd, party of two, you're adventure awaits!" or "Frau Bigglesworth, your safari is leaving without you!", brings an instant halt to any conversation, to the point that my friends and I were making the announcements along with the host.

Service was slooooooooooow.... And when the food finally did arrive, it was inedible. The four of us all had different items, including simple things like a hamburger, and none of us came close to finishing our meals.

I basically paid $16 for three chicken wings and a coke. Chicken wings that were worse than the kind you buy at Publix and bake in the oven.

Never again.

golenium

I had a good experience at the Downtown Disney location myself, but that was probably more due to the fact that I was there to meet up with my cousin who I see only a couple times a year. On our next trip, my wife wants us to go there the day we go to Animal Kingdom and I'm doing everything I can to discourage it because of the high prices for lunch. The noodle place at the AK is just fine for me!

Shellybelle

We've gotten horrible service at any RFC we've ever been too, but the worst from the one at AK. We always swear we will never go to one again, but my 5yr old insists it is her favorite restaurant and we usually give in.

WDWKat26

When I saw the headline of this, I laughed because my parents went to RFC and got food poisoning. So, i've never eaten there...lol NEVER. But I haven't heard anything that good about it so i'm not really motivated to make a priority seating anytime soon :)

tigsmom

golenium said:
I had a good experience at the Downtown Disney location myself, but that was probably more due to the fact that I was there to meet up with my cousin who I see only a couple times a year. On our next trip, my wife wants us to go there the day we go to Animal Kingdom and I'm doing everything I can to discourage it because of the high prices for lunch. The noodle place at the AK is just fine for me!

Try Tusker House in AK. :wave:

pinkrose

I've eaten at the AK RGC a couple of times and really enjoyed it both times. Our food was great, service great....

I'm sorry you had a bad experience. I agree with the others. You should def. contact the parent company.

Computer Magic

I stopped eating there when the Dining Plan changed. I really enjoyed the "volcano" dessert.

I have to admit, that I wouldn't have tried the counter services if it wasn't for the Dining Plan change. But the Counter Service is just as good as Rainforest cafe.

MissM

GaryT977 said:
I basically paid $16 for three chicken wings and a coke. Chicken wings that were worse than the kind you buy at Publix and bake in the oven.
Here, here! That basically sums it up for me as well.
-m

GymLeaderPhil

Don't bother with Planet Hollywood either. Both of these resturants assume you'd like to pay an excess of money to eat lackluster entrees in a loud/detailed enviroment. It's sad that Disney lets these places remain here and tarnish their name.

Debbie

My experiences at DTD were good, but my husband didn't enjoy the food. I went to the one at the Katy Mills mall on December 30, and I enjoyed the food again (I get the same thing though). The one thing I do notice is that the wait staff is slow with turnover. If I waited tables there; that's one thing I'd try to stay on top of.
I love the theming, and the glasses they offer right now, that light up are cool.

The Mom

Premium Member
WDWKat26 said:
When I saw the headline of this, I laughed because my parents went to RFC and got food poisoning. So, i've never eaten there...lol NEVER. But I haven't heard anything that good about it so i'm not really motivated to make a priority seating anytime soon :)

Same thing happened to The Daughter; made for a looong night at AKL. It's too bad that the food is getting worse (there were a couple of items my family liked, but they've been removed from the menu) and the prices are ridiculous. I liked the fact that I could go to AK, and stop there for a late lunch before hitting the road. I've switched over to counter service, and a bit longer walk.

DigitalDisney

I can't say that I'll ever eat at RFC again. I've had decent experience at the DTD location (never eaten at AK's location), but the food is overpriced and very average. The only reason to go there is for the atmosphere.

That being said, I always run through RFC whenever leaving AK. I can't remember the last time I walked out of AK through the main gate. I really love the atmosphere of the area, and the waterfalls are just plain awesome.

bsandersjr

GymLeaderPhil said:
Don't bother with Planet Hollywood either.

Yeah, the only thing IMO worth going to Planet Hollywood for is the.....

L.A. Lasagna - A California twist to a classic lasagna! Fresh pasta tubes filled with ricotta cheese and bolognese meat sauce fried to a golden brown and covered with garlic cream sauce and tomato basil sauce $14.95

Magicmyway

Wow... My family and I always eat there and have NEVER had bad service or a problem. Maybe we are lucky. But I am sorry for your stories. That;s a shame. RFC is awesome!

Magicmyway

NEVER EVER eat Nacho Chips at Planet Hollywood. There were five people in my family and we ordered themn as an apatizer. Not kidding you. There were FIVE nachos on the plate. and just regular sized. We didnt say anything but we did stare at the plate in amazement!

lunalovegoddess

Hmmm... I've never had a bad experience at any Rainforest Cafe location yet. The food is very pricey, though. We save it for special occasions usually. The last time that I went was to the one at Animal Kingdom for breakfast. The waitstaff was very kind and helpful with our daughter's food allergy. The food was served promptly and was very delicious.

We've eaten at two Planet Hollywoods: one in NYC. The one at DD was nice enough, just busy. The food was incredible, almost too rich for my stomach. (I have had the L.A. Lasagna, actually. Very good.)

I'm sorry to hear that some of you have had bad experiences.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom