I got into a altercation @ F & G festival!!

Victor Kelly

Necropost.jpg

DManRightHere

I got into a altercation @ F & G festival! Got a reply "NEW"

My wife and I took a adults only trip and had a great week!! On the way out of Epcot we had a quick bite at Le Cellier and were about to head out for the airport with a quick stop back at WL valet for a special item they were holding. Here's where things went WAY down hill.
We were looking at various vendor booths on the way out and taking pictures as we went along. A person came up to me as I was taking a picture of some different plant stands because we thought they were unique. He blurts out "what are you doing?" I looked at him and was kind of stunned. He then tells me I CAN"T take any pictures of the plant stands because they have copyrights and patents on them. I laughed then and said whatever, not a big deal. But it was the way he approached me and told me not to take pictures. If he had asked me in a kind tone, I would have gladly went on my way. The more I thought of this guy getting on me I thought about how wrong it was. If he had something so special and secret, why bring to a public place where pictures are going to be taken. I went to guest relations and talked to a manager. I asked if it was ok to take pictures of vendors and their products. She said by all means yes I could. I told her of the rude person and his way of telling me not to take pictures. I asked her to follow me or get someone else who could watch me take pictures. She said not at that time but gave a number to call when we returned home.
Out I went to take my picture and get his exact location and name. As soon as I took a picture, his partner tells the jacka#$ that "he's back!!". He comes rushing over and gets in my face and said I told you not to take pictures!! I said you have no posting of copyright or patent issues. He blasts back that WDW wouldn't let him post anything. He's getting more ****ed by the second and starts foaming around his mouth!! He knew I had him and I told him so. As I said that I had a pen in my hand and waved it in front of him. He's says "IF YOU WAVE THAT PEN IN FRONT OF MY FACE ONE MORE TIME!" Now I laughed out loud and said right back to him " and what do you thing your going to do to ME!!" His wife yells to let it go and he storms to the back of his booth. I got my point across and left the park. I felt better at least having my say.
Now I'm running late for the airport and stop by to get a candy sculpture made by Miyuki @ the worldshowcase. It was left in the valet refrigerator with a p/u luggage tag. They couldn't find it at all. THey said someone must have stole it or gave it to someone else by acciident!! Already aliitle stressed from the flower and garden fellow, I just laughed... They did send another one a couple days later. Which I was grateful for. And we made our flight with about 15 minutes to spare. We were just disappointed by the way a great week ended. WDW and the flower and garden organizers should keep an eye on guest interaction with vendors. I thought he was going to swing at me at his booth!! Oh well, we kinda of laugh now but I was ****ed on the plane ride home though. Thanks for letting me post my long story....

It sounds like you enjoyed the altercation. How can someone expect no one to takes pictures at Disney? People take pictures of EVERYTHING! Heck, I take pictures of Tomorrowland trash cans!(I also with you would use paragraphs) :cool:

Kaznagan

i just finished reading a novel, full of history, laughter, anger, espionage and comradry!
a whole 62 pages of this thread and it kept me entertained!

brb1006

I was SOOO sucked into this thread until about the 5th page and realized the timestamp of being 2004... LOL! This is a great thread and I was so excited to be able to add my own pictures with them twice this spring. Now I'm a little bummed, but thank you all for a great thread and read.
This thread is now a decade old.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom