I got engaged at Disney!

wvugeoggrad

Original Poster
Hi all, I just wanted to share my happy news with everyone.

Me and my bf have been together for quite sometime now and have talked about getting married alot the past year. About 6 months ago he wanted me to go and pick out a band for my ring since he wanted me to have something I really liked. Because of this I knew a proposal was in the works just no idea when he would go a put a diamond on the band.

Well we went to Disney on Saturday (we are locals) to pick up a Christmas present for my Dad and to see the MGM lights. We actually got up early in hopes of making it to MK for the opening but thanks to traffic we didn't quite make it. Since I knew we wouldn't make it I suggested we go to AK first so we could ride Everest before it got too busy. He was very reluctant bc he secertly wanted to go to MK first but he couldn't tell me why at the moment. :D

After spending some time in AK we headed over to MK. When we got to the TTC the line for the monorail and ferry were NUTS!! I've NEVER seen it that busy, it probably would have taken atleast 40 minutes just to get on! So we decided to jump on the Monorail to EPCOT to get the Christmas gift.

Finally we made it to MK. Usually I'm dragging him all over the place to ride this or see that but I wasn't feeling very well because of my head cold so I told him let's do what ever you want. First thing he walked up to the castle and took a right. He was heading over to the Wishing well beside the castle but unfortunately they had the area blocked off since they are still painting the castle and there was a big crane back there. He kept saying "well that's dumb, they didn't need to block it off that far down". Little did I know that was where he had planned to propose to me and he even carried in two pennies for us to make wishes!! But as our luck usually runs it didn't work out as he had planned.

We went behind to castle and did some people watching on a bench when he said he was hungry and was going to get a funnel cake and asked me to sit still. All the time he was gone he was in Tinker Bell's store taking to a CM about some new ideas since his didn't work out.

After some wandering around MK we decided to go to the Grand Floridian to see the ginger bread house. When we got there he suggested going over to the Wedding Pavilion to look around. I'm always up for that because I love taking pictures and the last time we went by there we saw a bride and groom leaving in Cinderella's coach! :D

Once over there he said "Lets go look inside". Just then a CM walked by and he asked her if we could go take a look around but she said they were busying setting up for a wedding. Of course he still wanted to go but I'm such a chicken and didn't wanna get in trouble. Finally he said, "come over here" We were standing under the archway to the pavilion. He goes "This isn't what I had planned...but". He pulled out the box and got on one knee then asked me to marry him. I was totally shocked because I just wasn't expecting it so of course being the sap I am I burst into tears and of course said YES! :sohappy: I know it wasn't what he wanted but it was still perfect and it was great because at the time no one else was around, just the two of us which was what he really wanted.

After that he said we needed to go back to MK to finish another present he had for me. Earlier in the week he called and ordered a glass slipper from Arribas Bros. and had our names engraved on one side. We went back and had "Engaged 12/16/06" put on the other. It was so beautiful and again I totally didn't expect it.

So thats the long story...sorry to draw it out so much. Now its on to planning a wedding. We really want to do a Disney wedding but all our family is back north in WV so it would be too hard to get them down here. Hopefully we'll get some engagement pictures taken in the MK soon. :D

Madison'sMom

Congrats!!!! :sohappy: Are you planning a Disney wedding? My wedding was in Negril, Jamaica, but I wish I had looked into a Disney wedding. Good luck and best wishes!

silk velvet

That's A Pretty Sweet Story!

That is indeed a pretty sweet story. If he went to that much trouble, he will probably go the distance with you. You can probably add some Disney trimmings to your wedding even if it is in West Virginia instead. Your guests might find it entertaining, and you would certainly rate for originality.

Cynderella

Awww!! I just had a similiar experience on 11/26! He asked me in front of the castle with a glass slipper with the ring in it! It is the greatest place to be engaged huh? :wave:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom