Pre-Trip I Feel Like I'm Forgetting Something... Where's Your Father?

55 Days to go...

Yes, it took me 10 months to finish last year's TR, let's see if I can finish this Pre-Trip Report in 55 days... Oh the pressure!

For those of you who do not know us... My beloved cast of characters:

There is me - Mary/Mom (46)

thumb_IMG_8225_1024.jpg

Ross/Daddy (47)

IMG_6923.jpg

Julia (14)

thumb_IMG_0515_1024.jpg

Hope (7)

thumb_STUDIO_PLYDSCHAR2_7499471879_1024 2.jpg

Our past adventures include:

September 2013 Trip
http://forums.wdwmagic.com/threads/completed-this-is-autism-when-you-add-a-little-pixie-dust.873100/

September 2014 Trip
http://forums.wdwmagic.com/threads/honey-i-blew-up-the-magic-band-completed.892800/

September 2015 Trip

http://forums.wdwmagic.com/threads/...-hopping-a-september-2015-trip-report.905518/

One Day I'll figure out how to put them in the signature.

Our next trip brings us to the WDW September 12-24 - it will be our longest trip ever! It is filled with lots of our favorites and some exciting firsts.

Like I said, today we are at the 55 day mark; however, I think I need to backtrack just a little bit...

To everyone reading - welcome aboard!

Ready... Set... Here we go!

Figment Forever

Original Poster
Nice nails. Cut down to 7 dresses. I think I will be packing 3 for DD. Ha, that is funny. My two love veggie sticks as well. Bring a bag down myself. Yes, it would open up some souvenir space. That makes for good planning.

Thanks so much! Wait till my husband realizes the juice boxes are in his bag!

Figment Forever

Original Poster
So something strange happened...

We alway request a ground floor room because of Hope. She use to have a HUGE issue with heights. Although she really seems to have overcome it this past year, the fear of her bolting out of a ground floor room seems less dangerous than if we were higher up. She still has very little safety awareness. (I don't think she will this year, but why chance it?)

Anyhoo, I always request a ground floor room - and Disney has always told me to call the resort directly 10 days before our stay to have them add a "medical request" to our reservation. They still give the "it's only a request" speech, but we have never had any issue.

So I called Riverside - very nice - no problem. But then I called POP and I got a CM who told me I had been given mis-information and they NEVER add anything to a request. Hmmmm... So I very nicely explained that I just got off the phone with Riverside who had no problem with it. Suddenly she asked for my name and information and what do you know? She added medical request to our reservation.

Dare I say - she was a little snippy, bordering on rude. Let's just say that I don't think she was wishing me a magical day when she as done with our conversation. She was so quick to hang up with me I didn't get a chance t say that I didn't need a wheelchair accessible room. Oh well....

Very strange!

Scoppin

So something strange happened...

We alway request a ground floor room because of Hope. She use to have a HUGE issue with heights. Although she really seems to have overcome it this past year, the fear of her bolting out of a ground floor room seems less dangerous than if we were higher up. She still has very little safety awareness. (I don't think she will this year, but why chance it?)

Anyhoo, I always request a ground floor room - and Disney has always told me to call the resort directly 10 days before our stay to have them add a "medical request" to our reservation. They still give the "it's only a request" speech, but we have never had any issue.

So I called Riverside - very nice - no problem. But then I called POP and I got a CM who told me I had been given mis-information and they NEVER add anything to a request. Hmmmm... So I very nicely explained that I just got off the phone with Riverside who had no problem with it. Suddenly she asked for my name and information and what do you know? She added medical request to our reservation.

Dare I say - she was a little snippy, bordering on rude. Let's just say that I don't think she was wishing me a magical day when she as done with our conversation. She was so quick to hang up with me I didn't get a chance t say that I didn't need a wheelchair accessible room. Oh well....

Very strange!

I am glad you were able to get your request. Why is it some people act like you are an inconvenience when they work in a service industry? maybe she forgets if it wasn't for people like you who come to visit, she won't have a job. Yes, I know, not likely WDW will never have guests. Sometimes you just have to ask to speak to someone else if the first person is not as helpful as you expected/wanted.

Figment Forever

Original Poster
Sure he gets the heavier bag. Just wait until he tries to check his bag and it is over the weight limit.

Never - My hubby has 2 pairs of shoes, nine T-shirts and 3 pairs of short. (If he decides to bring the third pair.) He could probably make it with carry-on! lol

Figment Forever

Original Poster
With 3 days to go... Julia is sick! Hoping it's just a cold but Im trying to expedite her recovery because her ears do not do well on the plane. Praying that Hope and I can avoid her germs and stay healthy. My concern is higher for Hope because she can not verbalize her illnesses so great yet. I am vamping up on probiotics for all of us. I'm happy it hit her before Disney and not while we are there, but it still stinks.

Figment Forever

Original Poster
Speaking of Julia, she is taking biology this year and is currently studying bacteria. She wanted to know if she could go to the water near River Country and bring home a sample of the water from Bay Lake in one of her test tubes to see if she could identify Naegleria fowleri (brain eating ameba). I told her to stick to regular souvenirs.

joshsprincess921

With 3 days to go... Julia is sick! Hoping it's just a cold but Im trying to expedite her recovery because her ears do not do well on the plane. Praying that Hope and I can avoid her germs and stay healthy. My concern is higher for Hope because she can not verbalize her illnesses so great yet. I am vamping up on probiotics for all of us. I'm happy it hit her before Disney and not while we are there, but it still stinks.

Oh no, I hope she gets better before the trip and that you or Hope do not catch it!

Courtney6682

Speaking of Julia, she is taking biology this year and is currently studying bacteria. She wanted to know if she could go to the water near River Country and bring home a sample of the water from Bay Lake in one of her test tubes to see if she could identify Naegleria fowleri (brain eating ameba). I told her to stick to regular souvenirs.

That's awesome LOL!! Hope she feels better soon! I'm so exciteddddd for you guys!!!!

Scoppin

That is too bad she is sick. I hope she gets well soon, very soon. And you and Hope avoid getting sick. As you mentioned, better getting sick now then while you are there.

Its 3 days before we start our journey ourselves. One week before we actually have a park adventure. Getting excited.

ScarletBegonias

I hope Julia feels better soon! It always happens to us! One of us is always sick when we leave, but luckily it's never been bad enough to give us any trouble on our trip! We take 2 days to drive down too, so that time of "relaxing" and resting helps somewhat.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom