I-Drive Rail is being planned

Progress.City

Original Poster
They supposedly have millions of dollars, but are hidden away and not showing off their technology. The test track rarely operates and there are serious doubts as to whether or not the trains can hit advertised speeds given its short length.
It costs money to keep it operated. I'm surprised they've lasted this long with practically no products to sell. It costs a lot of money just to keep an office.

They are smart to keep their money hidden. A company that small with practically no product to sell would exhaust those millions very quickly, if it weren't locked away somewhere.

lazyboy97o

Big problem is making turns at speed from what I know. You can't throw people around the cabin. Also ascents and descents.
AMT is not into the traditional high speed maglev. Their system is supposed to be slow, as that is part of what makes it supposedly cheap. These doubts are over barely highway speeds.

lazyboy97o

It costs money to keep it operated. I'm surprised they've lasted this long with practically no products to sell. It costs a lot of money just to keep an office.

They are smart to keep their money hidden. A company that small with practically no product to sell would exhaust those millions very quickly, if it weren't locked away somewhere.
A test track operating more regularly would help sell people on the viability of their routinely rejected product.

Progress.City

Original Poster
AMT is not into the traditional high speed maglev. Their system is supposed to be slow, as that is part of what makes it supposedly cheap. These doubts are over barely highway speeds.
They are building another slow maglev system right now in Tel Aviv. It's a PRT system that is planned for the university there and to destinations near the university, I believe.

So, they aren't the only ones who think low speed maglev is a good idea.

BrianV

It either goes in this section or the Sea World section because it will possibly serve both. There's no general I-Drive attractions section, so this is as close to one as possible, since USO is the major anchor for I-Drive.

Agreed. UO is located just off international drive. Since there are no subsections for UO, this is the only place to post.

Until the cost is known, I have a hard time seeing this work. For a family of four, the price one way has to be less than 1/4 of a taxi!

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
It either goes in this section or the Sea World section because it will possibly serve both. .

Not really. How about chit chat. It isn't theme park news unless they start building a station at a theme park. Especially given the habit of these schemes promising the world and then nothing happens. How do they plan on building phase one in six months, as claimed?

Your obsession with transit systems precedes you.

Last edited:

NormC

Where are all Peter Alt's threads? Did he want to start over as Progress.City or is he in the Peace Corp?

Progress.City

Original Poster
Omg... Totally irrelevant. Some of us are interested in this. And - yes - it does concern USO because they may build a station there. I, at least, know it definitely concerns the OCCC directly and Sea World. Those who find this news interesting, please click like to this post.

For those who didn't get the memo, I'm moving to Israel at the end of this month (June 30) and I plan on coming back after at least six months.

Progress.City

Original Poster
This ain't Universal news.
It is Universal news if they build a station there.

Keep in mind that we are focused on the I-Drive circular, not the main line that will run from OIA to the OCCC. The circular will serve the OCCC and the surrounding hotels and attractions.

I started this thread wondering if USO will be included as a station. I searched and I still do not have an answer.

The focus of this thread is whether of not I-Drive Rail will stop at USO. Once we have a
definite yes or no, then the focus here should be the details of the OSO station.

Progress.City

Original Poster
Agreed. UO is located just off international drive. Since there are no subsections for UO, this is the only place to post.

Until the cost is known, I have a hard time seeing this work. For a family of four, the price one way has to be less than 1/4 of a taxi!
Thank you Brain for the above and @DarthFiscus75 for clicking like.

wm49rs

A naughty bit o' crumpet
Premium Member
It is Universal news if they build a station there.

Keep in mind that we are focused on the I-Drive circular, not the main line that will run from OIA to the OCCC. The circular will serve the OCCC and the surrounding hotels and attractions.

I started this thread wondering if USO will be included as a station. I searched and I still do not have an answer.

The focus of this thread is whether of not I-Drive Rail will stop at USO. Once we have a
definite yes or no, then the focus here should be the details of the OSO station.
It's Universal news if they build a station there. It's not if you have no idea whether they plan to do so, as you've stated....

And this was the original focus of your thread:

I just learned the other day that there has been active advanced planning lately on an International Drive elevated automated people mover system called I-Drive Rail. I learned about it by an article in the Orlando Business Journal that was about an expansion of the OCCC. A station for I-Drive Rail is being planned as part of that expansion, according to the article.

I then searched to find information about I-Drive Rail and learned it is a separate loop being planned for the I-Drive area, but is part of the privately-financed OIA to OCCC maglev project, which has been advancing lately. That project is now financed and several months ago, they awarded a contract to build the trains.

All other information I found is spotty, at best. But, with the county actually at work at designing a station for at at the OCCC, it looks like this project is actually really going to happen!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom