Trip Report COMPLETED "I didn't put sun screen on your bagel yet" Fat for brains in WDW!!

Oh heeey! Wait, didn’t we just wave goodbye to WDW in April?!

Sure did! And now we’re back home again from our August trip! Man how time flies when you’re having a magical time.

I’m back for some more fun Disney memory sharing. The name is Beth, just in case we’re not homies yet. I just love this picture from California Grill after the wedding with Space Mountain behind me!! Makes me happy.

The scoop for this one goes like this….

This is our 4th mid August trip in a row for us, using our DVC. First stay at Grand Floridian Villas, 8 nights! Deluxe dining plan for the first time in a few years. There are a few meetups with some of our local buddies along the way but our travel party is just my family of 5 and my dad.

There’s the five of us all fancy for my sister’s Disney wedding back in April on the Boardwalk! The husband is Lucas, we're celebrating 9 years of magical wedded bliss again in Disney! The baby wolves are Alexa 9, Liam 7 and Brielle 4. Promise she wasn't' as cranky this trip, phew!!

Here’s me and my dad, totally awesome dude….he’s been on quite a few of our WDW adventures now. He loves Disney just like us and usually says something corny during the trip about loving how happy I am in WDW. He's known by most as Dampa; Alexa started that one when she was a baby. I cropped more sis out of this one since she wasn’t able to join us on this trip.

I have tons of pictures from this trip, this report will definitely take me a little more time than the last one, but be patient….I promise it’s worth it! More silly fun to be had with me, always a guarantee.

I’ll be back tomorrow with check in day, I had to at least get my booty in gear with an intro for all my buddies here!

bmarkelon

Original Poster
That sounds like a fun job! Do you enjoy it? It sounds like you do. We took the monorail around after Chef Mickeys and visited Poly. Man is it gutted right now. I'm excited to see what the finished product looks like! No trip countdown. The kids aren't going back for a few years. I'd like to be stroller free. My husband and I have decided that as soon as we can leave our 2 year old over night with some one we are going by ourselves in the fall. So maybe next year but maybe not until 2016, she is very clingy and doesn't sleep well.
In the mean time trip reports and you tube videos for us. Hehe
Beach Club looks amazing! We want to try Contemporary, seems great to be able to walk over.
I hear you on wanting to be stroller free, we are happy to be down to one single stroller hopefully for our next trip. We are planning a trip for the 2 of us next year to celebrate our 10 year Anniversary but we'll be hitting up one of those Sandals resorts. We've never really left the kids either; Brielle is crazy attached to me and she's 4!
The Contemporary is an awesome choice and you seriously cannot beat that walk to MK, it's magical!! I'm pumped to return to Beach Club again, that's my second favorite location. I love Epcot!

Love your commentary! I keep laughing out loud. Keep it coming!
Yay!! So happy you're enjoying it. Life is so much better when you can laugh at it!

In 4 weeks we will be above the ocean right now :) A more than great feeling that it's just 4 weeks now :)
Hooray!! It's always fantastic to be in that one month to go countdown!!

bmarkelon

Original Poster
ONLY if John remembers to shave!!
Yeah dude, I won't be seen in public with him if he doesn't shave; he'll scare all the children. @blackthidot this wolf boy thing isn't a good look buddy. Yikers
image.jpg

bmarkelon

Original Poster
Time for the Pirate Adventure Cruise for the kids and a bunch of their friends from home.

There are my 3 little pirates, arrrr!

There’s the whole crew, our neighbors that you’ve already seen and 2 more from up the street at home too. Pretty funny place to meet up but certainly a magical playdate! One of the girls taking them out was also from CT, small world!

Here’s the crew getting their instructions for their adventure. This is while Liam and Brielle were still playing along. When it was time to get on the boat they both flip out and I’m supposed to figure it out. Ugh, I got Brielle on board but Liam straight up wasn’t down. So Lucas took him directly back to the room.

Peace out my pirate girls, they let Brielle hold Pete the Parrot.

Bon Voyage! They were off on their treasure hunt with their map.

Chris is so thug with his Conn College tee on holding it down in the GF Club lounge. Haha. We sat and enjoyed some coffee and then went to my room for mimosas.

After we sipped on a mimosa we decided to upgrade to a bloody mary to really enjoy this mostly kid free time by the pool. Lucas brought Liam down to the pool, that’s really all the dude wanted to do. Whatever.

Let me tell you that free time didn’t last long, before we knew it we had to go back to the dock and scoop them back up The boys stayed at the pool and I went to get the girls. At pick up they had to see our licenses and can you believe the chick dropped my neighbor’s license in the freaking water?! Oh no!!! The captain promised that they’d have a diver go after it one of the next couple of nights and find it…which remarkably they did!

Alexa and Brielle had a blast and came back with all kinds of pirate’s booty. Gems, and coins and rings and other fun stuff. And they were good sister’s and grabbed some booty for their scardey cat brother too.

Then it was a little bit of Magic Kingdom time for us again. We kinda decided we’d just go in and hit our FPs and then hop back to the pool, it felt like a chill day to us and we had Hoop De Doo for dinner that night.

We had Haunted Mansion, Enchanted Tales with Belle and Space Mountain. Not many pictures taken and mostly uneventful. Except that Alexa volunteered to be Felippe in Belle and she had the world’s quietest neigh ever. It was hilarious and so sweet!! Lucas and Liam skipped Belle and went to the Tomorrowland Speedway.

After a little bit more pool time again…it was time to get ready for the Hoop De Doo, our other friends that were staying at Coronado hung out with us at our pool and got changed in our room for dinner. We had to do another crazy elevator pic! Fun!!

I’ve got some funny Hoop De Doo photos to add, my phone died during the meal so I had to grab some from my dad this past weekend!

tor29c

I love that the sisters thought of their brother! Speaks volumes about what good parents you are! You should be very proud of those children.

bmarkelon

Original Poster
I love that the sisters thought of their brother! Speaks volumes about what good parents you are! You should be very proud of those children.
Awe, thanks so much. I sure am proud of my kiddos. They truly are wonderful, most of the time!! And they're best buddies most of the time too! ;)

Sorry the reporting has slowed down a little, I've been super busy booking Disney trips these days. Everyone wants a new Disney countdown of course!! Plus I'm down to our last few days and I don't want it to end. We booked our own next one for April. 5 nights at Beach Club Villas and then 4 nights at AKL Kidani for the first time!! Soooooo excited, 200 days to go…only 20 until I book dining already!!! :D I should be able to get the next day done on this tomorrow, stay tuned for some more HS fun, 50s Prime Time lunch and then another night in Epcot with dinner at Via Napoli. :happy:

bmarkelon

Original Poster
Yikes, I’ve super busy here this week, let’s see where were we now? Oh snap!!! How could I have forgotten to share the siliest thing that went down after the Hoop De? So the dudes, Chris and Lucas that is, drank at least 2 pitchers of Bud Light and asked if they could do the monorail bar crawl from there. Sure, sure fellas whatevs. Alison and I had a few sangrias and feeling a bit silly with magic so we let the kids hit up the splash area in their clothes. Then I told her that she should stand under the hat with me in our clothes. My dad took a picture with her camera and I haven’t gotten my hands on it yet. She tried to run away and I grabbed her in a big bear hug as the hat spilled over. It was pretty awesome.

Anyways…….

Ah, yes Day 7 already!! Why do they go by so quickly for real though?

We all took things a bit slower getting ready in the morning since we had an 11AM lunch at 50s Prime…..um yes fried chicken for dinner the night before and there we go again. Hell yes!!

I would wear these things as bracelets all up and down my arms and just gnaw on them throughout the day. SO GOOD.

This fried herbed goat cheese is also quite yummy, we got this the last time we were there too.

I decided to go with a Sampling of Mom’s Favorite Recipes and boy am I glad I did. Next time I will be ordering the Pot Roast….OMG. And those mashed potatoes are kidding right? I’d jump in a warm bath tub full of them right now. Shoot, I might be hungry, not a good time to be thinking about this meal. Let me just wipe the drool off my face and continue.

After lunch it was time for our first Fastpass which was Tower of Terror, yay!

Of course this is a bit blurry but I just think it’s funny. I’m all happy and “yay” and Alexa looks flipping terrified and Lucas is sitting there laughing and videoing her screaming. Silly stuff.

Then we were supposed to be up for Rockin Roller Coaster but it was shut down the whole time we were in the park. WAH!!! That would mean no Aerosmith concert for us this trip, total bummer. But I grabbed a margarita to make me feel better about it. These are so yum and so refreshing, remember how crazy I looked drinking it back in April during Brielle’s meltdown? Wish I had a picture of how happy I was with this one.

We went over to watch Indy one last time peace out homie! I had a happy little buzz on from drinking that margarita quick and just remember staring at that giant dude in the show. That guy is mad big yo!

Lucas and Alexa ended up going on again with my dad since Liam and Brielle of course weren’t riding it. So I took them towards the hat for a popcorn.

When they met back Lucas handed me a bag and said Happy Anniversary!

AWE!! I love it! It's reversible too, this is the darker side and then you can flip it to a silvery brighter side!! I’ve been wearing it quite often of course and get lots of compliments on it, nice work Lucas!!

Up next is an Epcot night with our buddies from home, Via Napoli which I LOVE!!

bmarkelon

Original Poster
After finishing up our last day at Hollywood Studios we were off for another night in Epcot. We got to the park with just enough time to get over to our meal but of course we had to make a quick pit stop. Check out this frosty beauty….the classic margarita with a shot of pomegranate liqueur added. So good! I just LOVE being in the World Showcase.

Hello pretty chandelier…I seriously do like to check out all the light fixtures all over the parks and resorts. It must be so fun to be an interior designer for Disney.

We got to sit at the long table by the ovens since our party was so big. It was pretty cool.

Here’s our pitcher of white sangria after I poured our glasses….ooops. Pretty good stuff.

It was pretty fun to order for our table since usually I want to try them all but know that would be too much so the order went like this….a Mezzo Magherita which was a massive beautiful monster and then smalls of Fungi, Carciofi, Proscuitto e Melone and a pepperoni!!

Here’s this beauty….so freaking unbelievably delicious, this was our first time checking this one out and I’ll get it everytime now.

This one was pretty oily but super tasty, I love artichokes!

Ended the meal with a nice Sambuca with my buddy.

Oh and these tasty little bad boys. Zeppoli were quite yummy even though our bellies were sickly full.

We got out just in time for Illuminations and what a perfect viewing spot we snagged too right there outside of Italy. Never watched from this side for some reason.

These too gooses were all involved in some crazy conversation in their own little world. And wouldn’t cooperate for a picture. I love them together, they’re like sugar and spice and somehow get along so great all the time!

Up next is our last full Magic Kingdom day. Brielle and Jane take BBB by storm and our last supper is at Citricos.

bmarkelon

Original Poster
So, somehow we were already at our last full day, why?! Brielle’s makeover was booked for 11:20 so I wanted to get in a few things before.

I tried to hook my dad up with one of these fine looking wenches but they didn’t hop in our boat.

Here’s a pretty cute picture of me taking a nap, don’t ya think?! I seriously do feel like such a pig in WDW though. I mean I like food at home too but I get a little bit over indulgent in Disney. It’s vacation, right?!

This chick might look happy about her pretzel, but check out the super cute/pretty/fancy Elsa dress she’s wearing special for her makeover! Well, she started whining about it being itchy as soon as we got in the park. I had let her pick between thing one and another much more comfy dress in the morning. UGHHH.

Ya know how as you get further into your trip the kids just start melting like happy snowmen in the summer over everything?! It drives me mad!! My kids really are mostly well behaved in general but they have their moments of course. Alexa was all fired up and huffing and puffing about not having a makeover booked for her, so we went into that store behind the castle with all that Frozen merchandise and I bought Brielle a new Elsa get-up and Alexa the Anna’s freaking coronation dress.

I don’t consider it spoiling really when I’m in Disney just trying to get my happy Disney on. No chance that stuff goes down, as much, at home! Anyhoo, she looks happy in her cute new outfit on It’s a Small World.

I always take some random different picture on this ride and I liked this happy little cactus man this time.

“Ma AssALlamma?!” Grow up Bethany….not a chance my dudes!!

Alrighty, so we’re all singing that damn song now….and you’re welcome if you are too!

It was time for a makeover so we split up. Liam, Alexa and Lucas went off somewhere, don’t remember where now. And my dad joined myself and Brielle at BBB. I think….it’s kind of blurry right now for some reason. I know that Brie and I were there and we met up with Janie and her momma.

A cutie before picture! Surprisingly Jane was the one that was a little nervous going into this. And Alison and I were worried about whether or not they’d have chairs next to each other. Luckily it worked out for us and both girls were happy. Jane was actually more worried about the fact that there wasn’t specifically an Elsa makeover. Haha.

Look at all dem crowns, ain’t they purdy?!!

Brielle not having a hard time being pampered at all….that’s my girl!

More makeover and MK to come….I’m dragging my heels finishing this, I didn’t want the trip to end and now I don’t want the report too!

DisSplash

Your kids are absolutely adorable! And I think those hot Disney day melt-downs are inevitable. We planned to expect one each day last August (2013). Sometimes it was one kid, sometimes both, and occasionally it was just mama. (I'm entitled to my moment too!) :p

I love all of your food pics -- there is just so much to eat at Disney that I haven't even tried yet ... I am definitely compiling a Disney must-do food list! :hungry:

bmarkelon

Original Poster
Your kids are absolutely adorable! And I think those hot Disney day melt-downs are inevitable. We planned to expect one each day last August (2013). Sometimes it was one kid, sometimes both, and occasionally it was just mama. (I'm entitled to my moment too!) :p

I love all of your food pics -- there is just so much to eat at Disney that I haven't even tried yet ... I am definitely compiling a Disney must-do food list! :hungry:
Awe! Thanks so much, I agree that they are adorable most of the time, when they aren't acting like a wild pack of wolves! ;) I have my own meltdowns too, but they're usually scary quiet and everyone kind of just knows not to talk to me or ask me what's wrong. Mostly that's the whole last day of the trip!!
Picking our dining list each trip is seriously my favorite part of planning!! I'm working on our next dining itinerary for April now, I book our ADRs in 10 days!!!!! :eek::D

bmarkelon

Original Poster

She is clearly pretty pumped to have that chair turn around for her big reveal.

I’m pretty sure she’s a satisfied customer and look how many of us photobomed that mirror!

Two of the sweetest, funniest buddies and princesses that I know.

Alison and I got in line to meet none other than the Fairy Godmother and I told the girls to go stand in the shade so they wouldn’t melt, it was hot as blaze of course. They were just too sweet, all dolled up and in a full on conversation about who knows what.

SWEETNESS!!! Loved this one!

Bibbidi Bobbidi Boo!!

So, from here we said farewell to our buddies for now. They were off to have lunch at CRT and we were off for our FP with ANNA and ELSA!!!! Damn right I timed that right, that’s how I roll!

So, Anna was appropriately goofy and fun to chit chat with.

And Elsa for lack of a better word…was a bit colder. Heehee. She did offer up a round of “warm hugs” though so it’s all good. These two girls were great in their Frozen roles really, fantastic stuff.

Next up was FP time for Mine Train again. I told everyone to go on first so that I could take Brie on the Carrousel, she seriously just loves it!!

As if you needed proof!

When the pony ride ended I got a text that the other crew was just getting onto the train so I’m like, let’s go see Philarmagic Brie!! Weeeee!!

She asked me a million questions and I reassured her that it was just another silly fun 3D show like the Muppets. She’s seen this before but obviously didn’t remember, oh well! We went in and were pretty much right into the theater and can you believe that we actually went all the way to the end of our row?! A CM came over to Brielle and said, “what’s your name princess”. Brie looks at me and is like is she talking to me? So we answered and the CM made an announcement about following princess Brielle’s good example.

When we got out they were off and waiting for us. They took Brielle so that I could take Alexa onto Mine Train for my turn.

And we rocked it out!

Next up we end our magical day in Magic Kingdom with a sweet magical treat and some good old dizzy fun on the teacups. After that I’ll share our freaking fabulous Citricos dinner….well, share pics that is.

bmarkelon

Original Poster
image.jpg

What the what?! This face right here is for real, she makes me laugh everyday! Here she is trying on hats again in the GF gift store.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom