Trip Report COMPLETED "I didn't put sun screen on your bagel yet" Fat for brains in WDW!!

Oh heeey! Wait, didn’t we just wave goodbye to WDW in April?!

Sure did! And now we’re back home again from our August trip! Man how time flies when you’re having a magical time.

I’m back for some more fun Disney memory sharing. The name is Beth, just in case we’re not homies yet. I just love this picture from California Grill after the wedding with Space Mountain behind me!! Makes me happy.

The scoop for this one goes like this….

This is our 4th mid August trip in a row for us, using our DVC. First stay at Grand Floridian Villas, 8 nights! Deluxe dining plan for the first time in a few years. There are a few meetups with some of our local buddies along the way but our travel party is just my family of 5 and my dad.

There’s the five of us all fancy for my sister’s Disney wedding back in April on the Boardwalk! The husband is Lucas, we're celebrating 9 years of magical wedded bliss again in Disney! The baby wolves are Alexa 9, Liam 7 and Brielle 4. Promise she wasn't' as cranky this trip, phew!!

Here’s me and my dad, totally awesome dude….he’s been on quite a few of our WDW adventures now. He loves Disney just like us and usually says something corny during the trip about loving how happy I am in WDW. He's known by most as Dampa; Alexa started that one when she was a baby. I cropped more sis out of this one since she wasn’t able to join us on this trip.

I have tons of pictures from this trip, this report will definitely take me a little more time than the last one, but be patient….I promise it’s worth it! More silly fun to be had with me, always a guarantee.

I’ll be back tomorrow with check in day, I had to at least get my booty in gear with an intro for all my buddies here!

bmarkelon

Original Poster

Good morning Pooh, silly old bear! Pretty sure Brielle heard a rumbly in his tumbly when she gave him a hug. Hehe

Thanks for the photobomb Lucas. He’s a super fan of any of the buffets where you can build your own omlette

And then Pooh photobombs our picture with Tigger

Mary was just lovely, as always.

I have always loved Alice in Wonderland, my sister and I used to watch that movie all the time. I got a super cute Alice tank on this trip, it was the only piece of clothing I bought myself….I’ve had to cut way back.

This dude is always just goofy. Why is a raven like a writing desk? Huh? Dude’s trippin

After breakfast we headed right to the bus stop for our ride to HS. I really didn’t take many pictures in the park at all which you’re about to see. It was brutally hot out and then this crazy storm came through while we were there too. Hmmm, what in the world did we even do first in here? I think it was the Disney Jr show which we are almost too old for, but Brielle enjoyed it.

Then we watched Indy for our last time since it’s outta there soon. Our first FP was for Toy Story Mania which we all love.

Of course we hit up the Muppets, I never skip it.

Then Lucas decided to buy Alexa a hair wrap and Liam and Brie got tattoos. Those wraps take a little while and I didn’t want to miss the Frozen parade so I made him stay with Alexa and the rest of us raced over to the Star Tours area for a viewing spot where it ends.

It’s kinda hard to see her face but she was so excited! And I was sweating my butt off, it was nasty!

I bet this dude really wished that float was made of ice, he was melting for sure.

There are the most famous magical sisters right now….Brielle was so pumped that Anna waved to her!

bmarkelon

Original Poster
We had to split for Star Tours because Brielle wouldn’t go on. So everybody went on and I stayed off with Brie and got her facepainted. She chose the Snow Queen of course.

Then we left the Snow Queen with Dampa; Liam went back onto Star Tours with me and Alexa headed to TOT with Lucas so we could pull that split off before we left the park. The monsoon started while I was on Star Tours. I text and call my dad from the store to find out where those two were at and he wasn’t responding so Liam and I made a run for it towards the American Idol area to take cover again.

Funny tee shirt that I had bought Liam over there. Silly Chewbacca, you got those Troopers good ya big goof!

I had my dad meet us there and we headed to TOT for our turn to ride. It was still raining pretty hard and we were drenched but it actually felt good so whatever.

I LOVE TOT!! It seriously makes me so happy.

And that was our HS for the day! It was hot as blaze but a good day.

We headed back to the resort and of course more pool time. Lucas started hitting Long Islands again….yikes. We were excited for Ohana with our buddies from home though. There was another family from town joining us too; they were staying at Coronado.

The other family was meeting us there….we hopped on the monorail and dang that was the longest ride ever. The thing stopped between GF and MK and we sat there for like 10-15 minutes. But we made it of course, just a little bit late but it’s all good cousins.

There’s the ladies with our Lapu Lapus….a Polynesian must do!

These buddies were having a blast!

I freaking love these 2 girls. They’re so funny together too, they just chit chat non-stop and never fight. It’s the best.

Whoa! A whole family shot! I don’t even care that we’re all looking at different cameras. LOL

We said farewell to the Coronado peeps and then headed back to GF with our neighbors. The band was playing and I absolutely love to sit and listen in those cozy chairs and couches. So we sat and relaxed and let the kids be silly and dance.

And they all fell down.

It was getting pretty late. We kinda wanted to watch the fireworks on the beach but the girls were tired so I took them back. Everyone else stayed to watch. But the girls and I discovered that we could actually see them from our balcony. We had our jammies on and enjoyed Wishes from “home”. Then we went to bed. I think the dudes went night swimming again, they’re way more hard core than we are.

And that’s day 3 my friends! Up next is Chef Mickey’s with our buddies in the morning. It was their middle dude’s birthday….best way to celebrate for sure. Then a little bit of early pool time before we head over to Epcot. Dinner at San Angel Inn!

mrdrift

Sorry to hear about the heat in Florida, The report is coming along really great with a touch of humor. Great family pictures with the characters and in the parks. Following along.

bmarkelon

Original Poster

Our big group photo

Some very excited kiddos, they were getting a little wild waiting for our table.

Goof!

The boss man

And his better half…love Minnie!!

Donald Duck’s my #1, I love that cranky dude. Minnie Mouse was a table over and totally gave me a dirty look when I had everyone shouting that Donald was #1.

What up dawg?! Everyone loves Pluto!! And just in case anyone is wondering what Jane is up too in almost all of these pictures….she’s Elsa of course.

Pool time again after a little bit of resort wandering.

Brielle was having a blast jumping into the pool like a big girl!

And then some more little mermaid time, can you see why we enjoy so much pool time?!

bmarkelon

Original Poster
It was brutally hot wasn't it?? Loving your report!! I'm suffering major post disney depression and you are making me laugh:)
I'm with you on the post Disney depression, such a total bummer when it's over no matter how perfectly magical the trip is. Laughing is my favorite remedy!

Sorry to hear about the heat in Florida, The report is coming along really great with a touch of humor. Great family pictures with the characters and in the parks. Following along.
It was all good, everyone was just as sweaty as we were…haha! Thanks so much for following along!

bmarkelon

Original Poster

The boys decided to take out of the “speed” boats for a half hour….Liam came back complaining about how slow the boat was.

After we had our fill of the pool we went up to our room to get changed for our afternoon in Epcot.

A silly picture of the girls while we waited in the Test Track FastPass line, which I do have to say was a rather long wait.

Me and this goofy girl had fun designing our purple monster truck.

Of course Liam chickened out AGAIN when it was time to get on the ride again. So they handed Lucas the swap card so he could get on after. I made sure Lucas didn’t try to push the little dude to go on anything else after; that was enough.

This one made me laugh, I had to hold Brielle and she was squeezing my arm so tight with her eyes closed….didn’t stop me from rocking out!!

After we started with a Bass Ale in the UK we moved onto my favorite in France. Nothing beats these Slushes!! We spent some time walking around France.

Then we spent the most time we ever have in Japan. For some reason I didn’t take any pictures in there. I bought each of the kids a fan which they used on the rest of the trip to cool off. My dad bought some citrus sake that was disgusting and then we moved on to Morocco

Alexa and I love Morocco. The wacko behind her was making the mannequin with the belly dancing costume dance.

Liam doesn’t look too amused with me right now.

Brielle on the other hand…

My 3 little amigos right before we got buzzed in for dinner. None of my pictures came out from this dinner besides my margarita, I’m so mad!! The chicken Tostada appetizer here is ridiculous. This was our 2nd time here and that is what I went back for, so yum!!

bmarkelon

Original Poster

Silly gooses on Spaceship Earth. That was about it for us for that night.

Up and at em the next morning! We were a few days in and by this point I get pretty stupid tired. Of course I keep on truckin but my words stop working properly in the most funny way. We didn’t have a breakfast booked so I threw bagels into the oven so everyone had something to eat before our adventures in Animal Kingdom. I put cream cheese on a few for the kids and then started to hit them up with sun screen. That’s when I said to my dad, “I didn’t put sun screen on your bagel yet, they’re on the stove top”. Laughed about that one for the rest of the day. :confused::hilarious:

Off to Animal Kingdom we go….this is my least favorite park , we actually skipped it on our April trip. But we had a lunch reservation at Yak and Yeti which we all liked and hadn’t done for a few years. We waited for the bus for awhile, it was our most frustrating bus moment. They kept on rolling in for HS like jerks.

The girls didn’t mind, they were all smiles and keeping cool with their new fans.

We got to AK and I stopped with the girls at that Wilderness Explorers thing they have going on for the kids. Liam wasn’t interested at all but Alexa was all about it. And I have to say it was a pretty cool thing for the kids to do through the parks. Earning their stickers and learning a little more a long the way. Lucas was getting aggravated with me for it. But hey, he had become a nutball pin trader at this point so we were even.

My little Brie checking out a little giraffe, she was loving the safari!

Just in case you didn’t believe me. CHEEEEESE!

After our safari of course we headed to the trail, I LOVE gorillas and could watch them all day.

This handsome fella might look like he’s napping but he was laying there stuffing his face.

I wish I got this other goofy little guy on video, we watched a younger gorilla go to hop out of a bed or something and he fell but was all graceful about it rolling into a fancy somersault and running off, so cute! We all laughed.

Then there was this giant boss dude, wait….you can’t see him too well?

Peek a boo!! I loved him.

From here it was off for our early lunch at Yak and Yet, and I was hungry….that bagel with sun screen didn’t’ quite cover it.

Youre all welcome, I found the best drink in AK for you….meet the Yak Attack!! It was a strawberry/mango swirl daiquiri type drink and it was delicious and so refreshing. Wow.

Took the girls downstairs to the bathroom and we stopped for 2 Buddha bellies…rub them for good luck? Sure, why not.

Not sure what Brie’s tude is for here.

Coming up next my Yak and Yeti food pics, a little more AK and then we were off back to the resort. Dinner booked at Flying Fish and our Frozen Fireworks night from there.

bmarkelon

Original Poster

Lucas started with the egg rolls which were good. I started with the garden salad and apparently didn’t take a picture of it. It was alright.

The spicy Mahi Mahi was delicious.

After lunch I couldn’t believe I bumped into @blackthidot Good to see you buddy!!

We rode Kali River Rapids and got soaked then onto Everest and got Yetied. And that was our day in AK.

Bus ride home with our new additions, Liam chose a panda, Brielle a zebra and that’s Alexa’s cheetah with the creeper photo bomb action.

Pool side at GF again.

Then off to dinner at another one of our favorite restaurants, Flying Fish Café. I love the Boardwalk, we make a point to stop by every trip.

Lucas got the cheese plate which was lovely.

And I of course got the crab cake which I’m obsessed with…it’s honestly one of my favorite things to eat in WDW.

I had the surf and turf, subbed the scallops over risotto for the usual snapper. And let me tell you I was happy with that choice. Fabulous meal.

Another Crème Brulee for me of course!

bmarkelon

Original Poster
Thoroughly enjoying your TR. Thanks for sharing!
Thanks for reading! I'm thoroughly enjoying sharing it!

Enjoyed the wedding report and now this one. You all are having a great time. Lots of pool time is a great idea in this heat!
Pool time is the best way to cool off, the only way to really enjoy an August trip especially. We just love our down time at the resort anyway, it's always important to us no matter which one we're at or when we go!

I read your other TR as a pre game to prepare for our August trip. You guys look like a lot fun! It was so hot for our trip. Can't wait to read more!
We like to have a good time! Thank you for reading this one too! How was your August trip? Where'd you guys stay?

bmarkelon

Original Poster

The kids got this cool fondue dessert that looked like fun.

Once again we were stuffed. Lucas hit up the hoops game on the Boardwalk and won the kids all a ball just like he does every trip.

On the boat to Hollywood. And this is why I just love the Boardwalk….so pretty!!

Awe, Sea Breeze!! That was the gorgeous site of my sister’s wedding ceremony just a few months earlier. So pretty while the sun was setting that night.

Me and Alexa chillin with Olaf while we wait for the big fireworks show, we were so excited! It was also the hottest sweatiest night ever, gross!

So I grabbed an icey sangria to cool the happy Snowman off.

This chick is a major Frozen fan and sang along to every single song. I have video of her sweet voice and part of the fireworks. I will try to upload that too, such sweetness! The fireworks were freaking amazing, y’all were right HS puts on some bad-a@* fireworks.

And then it snowed, whaaaaat?! Pretty dang magical if you ask me!

My sweet Alexa thought so too.

And Brielle was still just singing her little heart out!

And that was another day done for us. Coming up for us next is the Kids Pirate Adventure Cruise at the Grand Floridian for the kiddos and then some more Magic Kingdom fun and dinner at the Hoop De Doo….yeehaw!!

AliceJaina

We had a great time! It was a very last minute trip. We weren't planning on going again until my youngest was 4 or 5. We were trying to figure out a place to go for a vacation before school started and a 2nd birthday trip. We came to the conclusion the only place we really wanted to be was Disney. We stayed at Pop Century, it was ok, a place to sleep. We usually stay at Poly so not being on the monorail was new for us.
It's only been a month since we were there and it feels like forever. The trip reports help with my sadness. :)

bmarkelon

Original Poster
We had a great time! It was a very last minute trip. We weren't planning on going again until my youngest was 4 or 5. We were trying to figure out a place to go for a vacation before school started and a 2nd birthday trip. We came to the conclusion the only place we really wanted to be was Disney. We stayed at Pop Century, it was ok, a place to sleep. We usually stay at Poly so not being on the monorail was new for us.
It's only been a month since we were there and it feels like forever. The trip reports help with my sadness. :)
I hear you! I'm actually a Disney travel agent and use that as my cure for missing the magic; I get super excited for all of my guests like I'm going with them…haha.
Last minute trips can be so much fun! We did that last year, booked it just over a week ahead at Art of Animation, our first value! You must be excited for all that work to be done at Poly! Do you have a new countdown yet? We are heading back in April again, staying at Beach Club…changed our minds from going back to BLT. :happy:

AliceJaina

That sounds like a fun job! Do you enjoy it? It sounds like you do. We took the monorail around after Chef Mickeys and visited Poly. Man is it gutted right now. I'm excited to see what the finished product looks like! No trip countdown. The kids aren't going back for a few years. I'd like to be stroller free. My husband and I have decided that as soon as we can leave our 2 year old over night with some one we are going by ourselves in the fall. So maybe next year but maybe not until 2016, she is very clingy and doesn't sleep well.
In the mean time trip reports and you tube videos for us. Hehe
Beach Club looks amazing! We want to try Contemporary, seems great to be able to walk over.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom