I did it....changed from YC to BC

Tinkerbell397

Original Poster
Well... I did it! I woke up this morning and I was thinking about my Yacht/Beach Club dilemma and I made the move. I called Disney and changed my resort reservation to The Beach Club, pool lagoon view/full balcony/king bed. Other than the pool/lagoon view, the others are just requests and will hopefully be honored. I am very comfortable with my final change because my preference was for the refurbished resort. I also like having the quick service there. Now I can plan my dining and FP's as my March Trip approaches. Thanks for all your comments and advise! :cat:

reptar77

If you room faces stormalong bay it is going to be loud. Other than that you will love it!! Have a great trip!!

JusticeDisney

Well... I did it! I woke up this morning and I was thinking about my Yacht/Beach Club dilemma and I made the move. I called Disney and changed my resort reservation to The Beach Club, pool lagoon view/full balcony/king bed. Other than the pool/lagoon view, the others are just requests and will hopefully be honored. I am very comfortable with my final change because my preference was for the refurbished resort. I also like having the quick service there. Now I can plan my dining and FP's as my March Trip approaches. Thanks for all your comments and advise! :cat:
Good for you! You're going to LOVE it!

Tinkerbell397

Original Poster
@JusticeDisney ....I know I will thoroughly enjoy my stay at The Beach Club. There was a soft nagging voice in my head for the 24 hours after I booked the Yacht Club although I am sure that it is a lovely resort. Once I called and changed reservations, all my doubts went away and I started thinking of Disney and the Epcot Flower and Garden Festival! :cat:

JusticeDisney

@JusticeDisney ....I know I will thoroughly enjoy my stay at The Beach Club. There was a soft nagging voice in my head for the 24 hours after I booked the Yacht Club although I am sure that it is a lovely resort. Once I called and changed reservations, all my doubts went away and I started thinking of Disney and the Epcot Flower and Garden Festival! :cat:
And that's exactly how you know that you made the right call! Enjoy your time in the World!

HouCuseChickie

I wouldn't even worry too much about the noise. When we stayed at YC and whenever we've been over in that area for dinner, the area around Stormalong Bay was pretty quiet. Honestly, the most disruptive thing we heard were some of the big shells going off from Illuminations.

Tinkerbell397

Original Poster
I am going to guess that Stormalong Bay is the noisiest during midday when people go back to the hotel during the hottest hours. Once we return from the parks....usually late in the evening, I would thing that things would be quiet or at least not as noisy. :cat:

surfsupdon

Great choice. Refurbed rooms are hands down better than over at Yacht.

Stormalong is loud, yes. I usually relax on the beach out front, adjacent to the pool, because it is empty, quiet, and peaceful. Easy access to pool, Hannas, and Yacht Club quiet pool.

PinnySmart

I think you will be happy with your decision. I love a newly refurbished room and the BC refurb turned out quite lovely.

PinnySmart

I am going to guess that Stormalong Bay is the noisiest during midday when people go back to the hotel during the hottest hours. Once we return from the parks....usually late in the evening, I would thing that things would be quiet or at least not as noisy. :cat:
Yes this! Afternoons and early evenings can be noisy but things improve as it gets later. We always have a pool view though. The noise has never bothered us at all.

TXDisney

I prefer a waterview. At the resort that's really only a small view of the lake and mostly the pool. If your staying at the villas... Really any waterview room is great. Some have better angles for a view of illuminations, but most just a good view of the lake.

ArielLover

I prefer a waterview. At the resort that's really only a small view of the lake and mostly the pool. If your staying at the villas... Really any waterview room is great. Some have better angles for a view of illuminations, but most just a good view of the lake.
What was your deciding factor. We are going December 2016 and trying to decide between the two.

Joe

DaisyDoesDisney

We are booked at Yacht Club for our December trip. Several months ago when I made the reservation, I was under the impression that the refurb at YC would be done by then since it's only a soft-goods refurb and nothing extensive. Does anyone have any reliable updated information on this? Posts in this thread seem to indicate a different schedule.

JusticeDisney

We are booked at Yacht Club for our December trip. Several months ago when I made the reservation, I was under the impression that the refurb at YC would be done by then since it's only a soft-goods refurb and nothing extensive. Does anyone have any reliable updated information on this? Posts in this thread seem to indicate a different schedule.
YC refurb will not be done by then, based upon everything I have read.

JusticeDisney

Can you point me to what you read because the person I spoke with while making my reservation led me to believe otherwise. I've also called twice more to ask questions about it and can't get a solid answer. Thanks
I read it on other Disney forums, I believe. Plus, I think there are members here who were very recently at the YC and said refurbishment hadn't even started yet. I hope I'm wrong for your sake, but I'm just passing along what I recall having read.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom