I can't stand booking fast passes months in advance!!!!!

micknminnie

I could see it being a pain if you're traveling with a large group and multiple families. I've done it my last 2 trips but it was just my wife and I. I'm sure when we do our next trip we won't even try to do fp+ bc it'll be like 8 of us traveling and we prob won't decide what we're doing each day till we're even there.

Agree. We are going with my in laws in October and I already know what I want. They are more laid back and said they wont know until it gets much closer to our trip as to what they want to ride. I'm about to scream. I don't want to hold out for them and miss out on headliners. I am going to just pick what we want and hope when they decide they can get the same attraction and time close to ours.

Upvote 0

Mickey81

Agree. We are going with my in laws in October and I already know what I want. They are more laid back and said they wont know until it gets much closer to our trip as to what they want to ride. I'm about to scream. I don't want to hold out for them and miss out on headliners. I am going to just pick what we want and hope when they decide they can get the same attraction and time close to ours.
You can link their tickets to your app, select the same as what you want to do, then whichever ones they want to change they can log in and change. It's actually very easy.

Upvote 0

coachwnh

Absolutely insane that you have to book rides and meet and greets.....

I agree, but I love the planning. It makes it all part of the WDW experience. But then again, you can always go west to Disneyland. They still do the paper FPs and it is the 60th anniversary. So much to see if you haven't been there. No need to do your ADRs either. You can walk up almost anywhere and get in! I was blown away by this on our first trip there 3 summers ago. We are bypassing WDW this summer and heading west ourselves for the 4th year in a row. Just a thought! ;)

Upvote 0

JasonP

Original Poster
If I had a choice between Land and World, I would choose WDW any day of the week. Especially since this is the first trip for the wife and kids.

Although I would love to hit Land once as that's what created it all!

Upvote 0

Tinkerbella16

I found booking FP's ahead of time fun and just another crazy thing to do in the waiting/planning process. For someone who doesn't really "get it" like we do on here, I can understand the frustration with having to do all of that 60 days in advance. I also found it great already having 3 FP's lined up and ready each day without worrying about running at rope drop to get them like we used to do. As someone else said, it is good for the headliners like SDMT, Soarin, TSM, A&E, Test Track, etc.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

MissingDisney

FP+ for spring break is a must. We've been the last few years and honestly last year was by far, the easiest to manage, thanks in part to FP+. Having our must-dos already reserved without running to a park, running from ride to ride, panicking that the FP return time conflicted with an ADR, etc. was so much better. And now that you can get more after the first 3 are used and park hop....life is good!

Upvote 0

Mickey81

The OP is using it right now. and doesn't like it so far. That's not allowed?
The comment was in reference to the fact that it's a step in a process. I simply think that judgement should be reserved before becoming completely frustrated. The end justifies the means. Big picture. The OP had some very justified points and we had a discussion about their concern. I'm sure if the OP took offence to my comment THEY would have quoted it.

Upvote 0

xdan0920

Think for yourselfer
The comment was in reference to the fact that it's a step in a process. I simply think that judgement should be reserved before becoming completely frustrated. The end justifies the means. Big picture. The OP had some very justified points and we had a discussion about their concern. I'm sure if the OP took offence to my comment THEY would have quoted it.

Who's offended?

The advanced booking is part of FP+. An extra day of stress added into an already overly regimented vacation.

I've used FP+. I don't like it, mainly I don't like the 60 day window. That's a valid complaint.

Upvote 0

Mickey81

Who's offended?

The advanced booking is part of FP+. An extra day of stress added into an already overly regimented vacation.

I've used FP+. I don't like it, mainly I don't like the 60 day window. That's a valid complaint.
If you've used it, and don't like it, you're right that's a valid opinion and complaint. It's far from perfect, I agree with that. Personally I have hope it's going to evolve into its full potential. As it stands right now, I enjoy it more than paper fastpasses. That's just my opinion, nothing more. No one is forced to use it. The old system was just as flawed as this one, only in different ways.

Upvote 0

xdan0920

Think for yourselfer
If you've used it, and don't like it, you're right that's a valid opinion and complaint. It's far from perfect, I agree with that. Personally I have hope it's going to evolve into its full potential. As it stands right now, I enjoy it more than paper fastpasses. That's just my opinion, nothing more. No one is forced to use it. The old system was just as flawed as this one, only in different ways.

My point is, once you book a trip and start using it. You can form an opinion on it. That's all.

Upvote 0

ToTBellHop

It is still 24 hours. No increase. You are sent an email reminder 2 days prior.
Sorry, but no.

Fantasmic! dining package--I received this:
Payment and Cancellation Policy
There is a 2-day cancellation policy and a $10 per person charge if you cancel within 2 days of the reservation or are a "no show" for the reservation.
Tomorrowland Terrace Dessert Party, I received this:

Payment and Cancellation Policy
There is a 5-day cancellation policy and a full price charge if you cancel within 5 days of the reservation or are a "no show" for the reservation.

Upvote 0
Admittedly, in all of our prior trips, we never got fast passes except for TSMM. We usually go in the off season, so there's not really a need anyway, but constraining ourselves to returning at a time that was not of our choosing was really not our thing. For our most recent trip, using FP+, I just chose the rides we wanted to go on for as early in the morning as possible, that way we could pick more in the afternoon when they were done. We still skipped most of them, but they were good to have. During the actual day, I found that I could use the app to change my reservations, so if we were on one side of the park and our FP was on the other, I'd just log on the app, change it to a close ride and walk right on. That or I'd see if I could reschedule for later in the day for the same ride. The most popular rides would sometimes not be available and during busy seasons it's probably harder but FP+ in conjunction with the app was not bad at all.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom