I called about Disney Dollars and was told 4 to 6 weeks??

Wildflower

Not sure if you are looking to give as holiday gifts or to just use at the park, but I know you can buy them AT the resort hotels and Guest Relations at the parks (saving you $15 shipping charge). If it is for gifts, would lean towards gift cards as above. Good luck!

slowjoe170

We ordered the personalized gift cards for the three grandkids. We chose a Christmas border and we put a photo of each grandkid on their card. It also comes with a very nice card that the gift card is attached to and envelope. You can customize the card with your own greeting. It cost 6 bucks per card, but heck, you'd spend that on a Hallmark card. It took about a week to come in.

Tracy0821

Original Poster
Years ago they had disney dollars. 1's , 5's 10's and 20's . When we planned a trip to disney we would give the kids disney dollars for chores ( u could use them in the parks) . when we went each kid would have a good amount of their own special disney money. They used to sell them at the Disney Store but now you can only get them at the resort. I called about ordering for my neices and they said 4-6 weeks. My kids always thought it was special.
So now we will prob get gift cards so they feel like they have credit cards.

Wildflower

Years ago they had disney dollars. 1's , 5's 10's and 20's . When we planned a trip to disney we would give the kids disney dollars for chores ( u could use them in the parks) . when we went each kid would have a good amount of their own special disney money. They used to sell them at the Disney Store but now you can only get them at the resort. I called about ordering for my neices and they said 4-6 weeks. My kids always thought it was special.
So now we will prob get gift cards so they feel like they have credit cards.
Would they be open to the idea of a dry erase board or something to keep tally of what they've earned? Then you/your kids could then take them to "pick up" their DDs at the resort desk. (I would imagine CMs at the resort would be very accomodating if you set it up that way...)

RScottyL

What are disney dollars?

Disney Dollars are the official currency of Walt Disney World Resort, the Disneyland Resort and Disney Store locations in the United States—including Puerto Rico. They are available for purchase in 3 denominations—$1, $5 and $10—each with unique Disney Character portraits.

For more information about Disney Dollars, please call (407) W-DISNEY or (407) 934-7639. Guests under 18 years of age must have parent or guardian permission to call.

If you are planning to use Disney Dollars as a gift, another convenient option to consider is a Disney Gift Card.

wordless-disney-dollars.jpg

Innkeeper's Club

Tracy0821,
If you are planning on visiting WDW in the near future just wanted to let you know that Guest Relations locations in all of WDW sell Disney Dollars. I like to collect them myself and purchased the 2014 designs at the Guest Relations in Downtown Disney Marketplace this past August.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom