I actually like the new Spaceship Earth ending.

Tom Morrow

Sorry guys, but we're gonna have to ban you from this forum now.

But seriously, I like the "what if" aspect but the execution is so bad. Its cheesy and cartoony and the futures portrayed are so cliche'. It doesn't fit the rest of the ride in any way - it isn't even about communication but rather just generic future-y stuff. The extent of the enjoyment most people get out of it amounts to "haha our heads look funny pasted onto this flash cartoon."

Nevermind that you're wasting time moving through physical space while watching what should be a post show exhibit (and it basically actually is in a different form), there is nothing to look at except triangles and black curtains that are covering up actual physical sets of before, or that they could have had the screen interact with what's around you, etc.

The whole thing is just so half-baked and cheap. SSE deserves so much better than that.

Lee

Adventurer
I like the new ending too, it is something to do on the way down. It is cute.
Seems like the way down didn't need "something to do" when there were actual show scenes to enjoy along the way...

The "new ending" should have been part of the post show. Some kiosks where you make the choices and see the result. Not the grand finale to Epcot's signature attraction.

Rob562

I'll second (third?) the opinion that the on-ride video would've been much better as a post-show kiosk exhibit than being part of the attraction...

-Rob

copcarguyp71

I think it adds more of the "what-if" properties to the ride. I don't dislike as some other people do, and I actually enjoy it a bit.

But...to quantify, did you ride the Jeremy Irons version with the descent that was fully populated with scenes? Just curious more than anything. I myself would not think the descent a let down if I had not ridden the previous iteration.

aladdin2007

Sorry guys, but we're gonna have to ban you from this forum now.

But seriously, I like the "what if" aspect but the execution is so bad. Its cheesy and cartoony and the futures portrayed are so cliche'. It doesn't fit the rest of the ride in any way - it isn't even about communication but rather just generic future-y stuff. The extent of the enjoyment most people get out of it amounts to "haha our heads look funny pasted onto this flash cartoon."

Nevermind that you're wasting time moving through physical space while watching what should be a post show exhibit (and it basically actually is in a different form), there is nothing to look at except triangles and black curtains that are covering up actual physical sets of before, or that they could have had the screen interact with what's around you, etc.

The whole thing is just so half-baked and cheap. SSE deserves so much better than that.

This...I was hoping Siemens would eventually cough up some extra dough but never happened. Its going to take the sponsor, TDO certainly isnt going to do a thing about it. Sending guests through a debris laden descent with dust and grime and metal poles, yeah good show. Have any of you ever been stuck through there when the ride stopped? There is Nothing to look at but junk hanging from above among other things.

Gullywhumper

Original Poster
I think I know how they could make the ride better. As you descend down they have pictures of the possible future, and the narrator talks about this. When the ride end, it leads you into the inventions thing at the end of the ride, and you are in a little room where you can do the end video thing. Once you finish, you are aloud to leave the ride.

DelGriffith

The additions to Spaceship Earth ruined the attraction. The computer scene is particularly galling: the personal computer was not invented by Steve Jobs or that other Apple computer guy in a garage as is implied: it was invented by the massive corporation IBM.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom