**Hypothetical** New Theme Park Idea

alhenton

Original Poster
**Disclaimer** This thread is just to open up our imaginations and dream up a new theme park. I understand a 5th park is not in the works, nor should it be, but I thought it would be fun to just imagine a park, and get various input.

I recently went on a 6 day trip to Disney (July 7-12) and the same thought kept running through my mind: "a lot of these Disney movies have really dark and scary themes to them, how can so many little kids enjoy the movies so much?" The answer to that question was that Disney always makes the hero win. Name any movie and the hero wins. Disney always has that "happy ending".

Many of us, scratch that, most of us on this board would love to have more thrills. We would love to be able to ride scary roller coasters and other rides that really get our hearts racing. Well, my thought/solution to that would be to create a theme park that is based on the villains in the Disney movies.

A couple reasons as to why this would work:
  • I think everyone would be in favor of some villain M&Gs.
  • It would be a place for only thrill rides.
  • It would appeal to the older crowds who may think WDW is just for kids.
  • There really isn't a place in WDW where villains are noticeable.
A few ideas that I have for rides in a villain centered theme park:
  • A extreme roller coaster that resembles Jafar as a snake.
  • A Primeval whirl-type roller coaster that spins and moves through Scar's "Be Prepared"
  • Rides that put you in the role of the hero as you try to escape the powers of the villains.
These are just a few thoughts I had about a possible 5th theme park. This is entirely hypothetical but I would love to hear some other ideas. I do not want this thread to turn into a "they need to fix the 4 first" or "they would never build a 5th park blah blah blah" thread. I want to have some fun with this!!

Lets get this going!

Launchpad McQuack

This is something that has been floating around as a concept (online, at least) for a while... the 5th gate/villains park aka "Dark Kingdoms". It usually comes with the idea of Maleficent's Castle as the main hub/icon (which I think is a great idea).

I agree with almost everything you say here (including the reality that the 5th gate isn't what we need right now, but this would be the coolest concept). The only thing I disagree with would be the idea of it being thrill rides only. While I think it would be good to have more thrill rides than the normal WDW park, I think it's always good to have a variety. Something similar to Haunted Mansion or Pirates of the Caribbean (not those exact themes, but similar ride experiences) would fit great in a darker/"scarier" WDW park without being true "thrill" rides.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom