Hurricane Wilma aimed at FL, Cat 5!

MSTINKHERBELL01

Walt Disney World® Resort Operations Update
October 21, 2005
At this time, there are no changes to Operating Hours, events
or resort operations at Walt Disney World® Resort as a result
of Hurricane Wilma, though we continue to monitor its path.

For the latest Theme Park operating hours, please visit
the Calendar section of disneyworld.com.

If you have any questions about your upcoming stay, please
call 407-W-DISNEY or your travel agent.

:wave:

mkt

Disney's Favorite Scumbag™
Premium Member
Even though the chances of Orlando being affected have been decreased, this storm is still fucking scary. I am not taking any chances. My tank is full, and I have a place in Buckhead, Atlanta, GA waiting for me and snowflake... and whomever else wishes to tag along.

dandaman

Looks like the filter is a little lenient. :lol:

Seriously, I hope that everyone gets out safe, however impossible it may seem at this point. :(

MKT, really glad you have a safe haven. :wave:

Maria

Woody13 said:
I wouldn't wish this storm on anyone.

As Jerry said, I wasn´t wishing this to anyone. Just hoping it won´t hit once more New Orleans and Alabama. It was already aimed at us... we couldn´t escape. I hope it loses strenght, but it´s not happening YET!! :(

Woody13

Maria said:
As Jerry said, I wasn´t wishing this to anyone. Just hoping it won´t hit once more New Orleans and Alabama. It was already aimed at us... we couldn´t escape. I hope it loses strenght, but it´s not happening YET!! :(
The state of Florida has been hit 7 times by hurricanes in the last 14 months. No one deserves to be hit by these storms. I wish you all the best Maria and pray that Wilma does not cause your area too much grief. :wave:

Maria

Woody13 said:
The state of Florida has been hit 7 times by hurricanes in the last 14 months. No one deserves to be hit by these storms. I wish you all the best Maria and pray that Wilma does not cause your area too much grief. :wave:

Well.. that´s the price we all pay for living in the paradise this side of the world is. ;) I don´t keep track of the hurricanes that hit us or flood us during the last months, but New Orleans and the South of Mexico´s cases (flooding and rivers overflowing and taking new, wider paths) I think were among the worst ones in this year. The rest of us could still take a few more punches but those areas need to dry out to be able to recover. I wasn´t wishing anyone´s harm anywhere, don´t misunderstand me please.

Woody13

Maria said:
I agree... though I hope it turns around and goes to Florida... The South of Mexico, New Orleans and Alabama already have enough with Stan, Rita and Katrina!
Very insensitive comment IMO.

Maria

Woody13 said:
Very insensitive comment IMO.

Well, that´s in your opinion as you said, and my opinion, quoting my comment and making such a big thing about it, was unnecessary. Time to stop replying.

CAPTAIN HOOK

It would appear that there's always someone on these boards jumping on the bandwagon and picking up on somebodys remarks.
Can't we stop the bickering and pray that no-one gets hurt anywhere ?

lunalovegoddess

We're staying put, stocked up on groceries, pet food and litter. Can't really afford to leave the area. Our neighborhood has mostly small ponds, and the closest river is the Econlockhatchee, but even then, not very close. The area was not hit very hard last year before I moved down; most houses had a few shingles missing, or the patio screening ripped up. So far the school has not mentioned being closed on Monday, so we'll be keeping tabs on the situation as it develops.

Woody13

mkt said:
Woody,

you truly are an evil person.
I consider that hoping or praying for a hurricane to change direction is a theological problem. What do you pray for? "Dear God, please make hurricane "Alpha" go to (any city or town other than where I am living)." To me, a prayer such as this is out of the question. In good conscience I could never ask God to wipe out another community.

However, what should the prayer be? It seems rather risky not to ask for any divine assistance.

blackerbys17

Well, why don't we all pray that this thing breaks up into at least a tropical storm? I live in Miami and that will make me happy. A tropical storm wouldn't be nearly as dangerous as a hurricane so that is what I am praying for.

WDWizard626

:D Walt Disney World will most likely look like this in the weekend:
P0000382_small.JPG

LoL!:lol: I sure would not want to be stuck in this crowd.

peter11435

I am here in South Florida (on the East coast). I will most likely have no power or internet connection. We are as prepared as we can be and will just hope for the best. Good Luck to anyone else in the path.

mkt

Premium Member
alrighty...

I'm pondering evacuating via plane tonight. Any suggestions?

DDuckFan130

mkt said:
alrighty...

I'm pondering evacuating via plane tonight. Any suggestions?
You're getting the "lighter" or better side of the storm (if there is such a thing). But if you feel better leaving, go ahead and leave :)

mkt

Premium Member
alright... perhaps that was a bit harsh.

I just bought some supplies for the hurricane... put all important documents in my safe... and later on tonight, I'll be moving my sofa against my sliding glass door.

For now... I'm going to Disney World!

DDuckFan130

mkt said:
alright... perhaps that was a bit harsh.

I just bought some supplies for the hurricane... put all important documents in my safe... and later on tonight, I'll be moving my sofa against my sliding glass door.

For now... I'm going to Disney World!
:lol: Have fun and stay safe!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom