hurricane weather in mid-October

MKingdom25

Original Poster
I apologize if this time period has been discussed in another forum. As a Texas resident, they don't cover it quite as much here (but granted I do need to watch more Weather Channel :lol: )

I am going to WDW from October 13-17 and I was wondering if anyone has heard any long range forecasts on hurricanes for the next few weeks. The only thing I see out there right now is Lisa. Any Florida residents heard any forecasts?

I would be glad to hear from anyone who has heard anything on this. Thanks for all the continued help!

NemoRocks78

Seized
Premium Member
Hmmm....hurricane season officialy ends on November 30th. However, I never usually hear of hurricanes anytime after September, but with this year's odd weather patterns, you never know....

I haven't heard of any new formations, but on the subject of Lisa....she is not going to be a threat to us.

MKingdom25

Original Poster
NemoRocks78 said:
Hmmm....hurricane season officialy ends on November 30th. However, I never usually hear of hurricanes anytime after September, but with this year's odd weather patterns, you never know....

I haven't heard of any new formations, but on the subject of Lisa....she is not going to be a threat to us.
That's what I was thinking but like you said you never know this year.

Knowing this hurricane season, it will be real quiet and then right in the middle of my trip, a tiny one will come through Caribbean Beach! :lol:

Seriously though, I hope Jeanne is it, especially for the Floridians out there (crossing fingers).

If anyone hears anymore information, I would appreciate any and all updates. Thanks again!

SpongeScott

I don't think that there is a long-range forecast on knowing what is going to happen. It all depends on the weather in West Africa and t-storms moving off the African coast into the Atlantic Ocean. Hurricanes can also form because of disturbed weather over open water, so one can form from something very small. The best bet is to simply keep an eye on the weather, make your trip, and odds are that you will be fine.

FutureCEO

NemoRocks78 said:

Thats why I said usually not officically :hammer:

FamilyMan

Account Suspended
This year, I'm betting you can count on one more hurricane to happen in October. We're so active this year. So, just be prepared.

GaryNorris777

God i am arriving on the 20th October and after telling the wife October was a great time to visit as crowds were low weather not too hot just warm........She is starting to doubt coming now.......I hope for everyone that Jeanne is it!!!!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom