Hurricane Matthew..........

jme

Reportedly a small crew of ~80 stayed on Castaway Cay in a shelter to ride out the storm. This CM tweeted a picture of the beach just before the storm showing all the furniture removed
https://twitter.com/FormellaCIA/status/783731661942820864
CuBfyVcUkAAO2rx.jpg:large
CuBfyVcUkAAO2rx.jpg
uwkmFFe.jpg

Tonka's Skipper

Original Poster
I saw another post from a CM that stayed on the island though the storm. If it is real and true, They said that CC was NOT destroyed and actually cam though the storm fairly well.!

We will have to see.

AKK

Tonka's Skipper

Original Poster
We leave in about 3 weeks for our cruise. If we're not able to stop at CC will they cut our cruise short or take us somewhere else for the day? I was just there in December so it's perfectly ok but just trying to get prepared for the trip.

I saw another post from a CM that stayed on the island though the storm. If it is real and true, they said that CC was NOT destroyed and actually came though the storm fairly well.!

We will have to see.

jme

Facebook photos of the hurricane shelter on CC
14516424_10104421823167847_7284587631316370442_n.jpg

14523248_10104421823282617_8947310256140332408_n.jpg

Another person reporting that the Captian on the Dream told them "CC had sustained very little damage. There is a ride-out crew on the island that can sustain greater than Cat 5 winds and more than a 10ft storm surge." on 10/07 before 8:30 show.

Tonka's Skipper

Original Poster
I guess in following Mathew, it proved the weather forecasters standard opinion........*There is no garrenttee where the storm is going , more then 2 days out!*

Tonka's Skipper

Original Poster
Reports are coming in that CC missed the worse of the storm, no one hurt. Apparently little damage and the CM's are doing repairs and unpacking everything. More CM's on their way.

No word yet which will be the first ship allowed to dock.

AKK

jme

The Dream docked there yesterday and cruisers are reporting that everything looks as good as always. Looks like CC made it through mostly undamaged (other than some vegetation)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom