1. Welcome to the WDWMAGIC.COM Forums!
    Please take a look around, and feel free to sign up and join the community.You can use your Twitter or Facebook account to sign up, or register directly.
    Dismiss Notice

Hurricane Irma

Discussion in 'WDW Parks News, Rumors and Current Events' started by JohnD, Sep 4, 2017.

1. Raineman

Raineman Well-Known Member

The next provincial election is next June, and if this government was reelected there would have to be some kind of election fraud happening-they are driving this province into the ground, and they have an extremely low approval rating.

discos and jaklgreen like this.
  2. jaklgreen

jaklgreen Well-Known Member

There you go again being so dramatic. I was not attacking anyone and I was not the only one who said that there is no way that they are paying that much for power every month. People exaggerate in times of stress and anger, that is human nature. And many many people live without air conditioning and are in hot climates, they all survive. I grew up without air conditioning and I am just fine. You have to have a bit of patience when it comes to these situations. They are working as hard as they can to get everyone their power back. In fact it is in their best interest to do so since they are not making any money if you do not have power.

3. AquaDuck

AquaDuck Well-Known Member

Gas is starting to come in, was a little difficult to find yesterday but about 5 gas stations around us got theirs last night. Food isn't really hard to come by either, most places are reopen and beginning to serve. Places like Publix/Winn Dixie had vendors restocking on Monday, items coming through their distribution centers are taking a bit longer but should start to come in soon (Publix has used some of their distribution semis to send more water & ice to South & SW Florida).

larryz, I am Timmy, Cesar R M and 4 others like this.
  4. rreading

rreading Premium Member

It is remarkable how the staff at WDW steps up to the plate when this kind of thing happens. They were great at GF last year during Matthew as well. We were so appreciative and it turned what could have been a mess of a trip into one of our favorite visits!

5. dmw

dmw Well-Known Member

That will likely not happen. Take the US Congress as an example: as a whole, they have had some of the lowest approval ratings over the past several years. Yet, the same incumbents continue to be re-elected. I'm amazed that with the number of complaints I hear about our elected officials, the voters continue to return the same people year after year...

6. gawrshdanielle

gawrshdanielle New Member

My sister and I were scheduled to arrive in Orlando on September 9th. I called Disney the day before and rescheduled our trip to next May. I had to reschedule that far out because my sister is having jaw surgery directly after our original trip dates. It wouldn't be much fun if she couldn't eat any of the food. I won't lie I am a little disappointed that we won't be going to MNSSHP but I didn't want to travel down and be stuck in a hurricane the size of France. So right now I'm having a staycation and I will have to use my next year's vacation days toward our trip. On a brighter note, it looks like my cousin wants to join our trip this spring and that will be so much fun. :)

figmentfan423, andysol and jaklgreen like this.
  7. jaklgreen

And you have the Flower and Garden festival to look forward to. It is such a pretty time of year to go.

figmentfan423 likes this.
  8. gawrshdanielle

gawrshdanielle New Member

Yeah I love flower and garden! This will be my third year going to WDW during flower and garden. I'm just really excited that my sister and cousin are coming with me. I've only been on solo trips so it will be really exciting to see how they react to being at WDW for the first time. Hopefully we can make some wonderful memories.

figmentfan423 and jaklgreen like this.
  9. flynnibus

flynnibus Well-Known Member

Last edited: Sep 13, 2017
  10. 21stamps

21stamps Well-Known Member

You don't know the person who you are talking about. They live west, with animals that they raise, pool, etc. you don't have a clue about someone else's expenses. And the point of her post was not even complaining about her electric bill. It is not your place to say someone is lying.. please just stop. It's sickening.
    I'm glad you grew up fine without AC, being without power is lot more than just an air conditioning system being out.

I hate to even do this, but I just can't stand the flippant attitude.. here's a post from 2 hours ago from the same person. Maybe have some compassion for all of the people affected instead of "I was fine without AC as a child".

No need to respond.. just let it go.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Sep 13, 2017
    Jay & Sue and DisneyExpert like this.
  11. 21stamps

21stamps Well-Known Member

Good for Publix! One thing that's showing for sure, so many people, companies, and government agencies are nothing short of amazing right now.

12. Martin1000

Martin1000 New Member

Thank´s for info

13. Nubs70

Nubs70 Well-Known Member

I have read where the Ont govt wants to phase out natural gas and go solely electric, any truth to that?

14. 5thGenTexan

5thGenTexan Well-Known Member

How are they going to make it?

15. Nubs70

Nubs70 Well-Known Member

Sorry, should add for home heating not power stations

16. John park hopper

John park hopper Well-Known Member

May be I miss read the news on Ft Wilderness, it sounded like they moved guests to other resorts after the storm That' why I was wondering if any one got pictures on their way out.

17. 5thGenTexan

5thGenTexan Well-Known Member

Ahhh ok.

18. ABQ

ABQ Well-Known Member

I think they relocated guests prior to the storm's arrival.

19. Raineman

Raineman Well-Known Member

That's what we thought when the news was leaked, but the government officially said that it wouldn't be doing that. I think they were, and they were just covering their butts when it was leaked. Seeing as the majority of homes in Ontario use natural gas heat, if the report was true, people's power bills every month would skyrocket even more than now if they had to switch to electric heat.

20. jaklgreen

That is sad. They should have done better with getting some air circulating for those people. I think people have forgot how to survive without air conditioning. It was not even that hot that if they would have had them outside in the shade instead of cooped up they might have done better.