Hulk Trains Scrapped

raven

We don't know how exactly the new trains are different. They could very well weigh more. The insiders might now, but they haven't given any details as far as I'm aware.
I'd be interested in finding it online when someone finds it, for my own techie-nerdy-coaster mind. :)

lazyboy97o

Kinda sounds like they are hiding something more serious to me. Possible cracks to the old track? Coasters getting entirely new trains isn't uncommon. Cedar Point swapped stand-up trains on Mantis to floor-less trains then repainted the track and renamed the ride. Other coaster receive similar treatment to keep things fresh but it's highly unusual to completely build the exact same track from scratch just to swap out trains. This screams something more was happening.

DL's Space Mountain's new trains are also doubled the weight of the old ones so a new track was inevitable. If Hulk's new trains are energy efficient and smoother it doesn't make much sense. Less energy to propel the trains out of the tunnel = lighter. I'd just like to know the whole story, that's all.
The new trains have onboard audio.

celluloid

DL's Space Mountain's new trains are also doubled the weight of the old ones so a new track was inevitable. If Hulk's new trains are energy efficient and smoother it doesn't make much sense. Less energy to propel the trains out of the tunnel = lighter. I'd just like to know the whole story, that's all.

Its the launch system changes that will make this an energy efficient investment, not so much the changes to the train.

A foolish mortal

Travis Terrell on Twitter just posted these:
Skjermbilde 2016-03-12 00.35.13.png

Skjermbilde 2016-03-12 00.35.18.png

A little ant of a man working right inside the launch tube:
Skjermbilde 2016-03-12 00.35.25.png

wishiwere@wdw

Is there any official website where this news is coming from? Desperate minds need to know.
Correct. Launch system isn't changing. And Universal is not about to come out and explain the reasons for the tear down / rebuild either but this had to be
Is there any official website where this news is coming from? Desperate minds need to know.
i unfortunately have to keep my mouth shut due to various reasons but this is completely ridiculous. Kudos for keeping your cool.

raven

Correct. Launch system isn't changing. And Universal is not about to come out and explain the reasons for the tear down / rebuild either but this had to be

i unfortunately have to keep my mouth shut due to various reasons but this is completely ridiculous. Kudos for keeping your cool.
This is exactly what I am talking about. If Uni isn't going to publicly explain the reason for this, speculations will continue.

wishiwere@wdw

This is exactly what I am talking about. If Uni isn't going to publicly explain the reason for this, speculations will continue.
Very fair point. But considering the circumstances, speculation is sadly the lesser of all evils. I sincerely appreciate their commitment to safety and rider satisfaction. This could have been let go for quite a bit longer (like, a lot longer) as B&M certainly over engineer things so there is nothing to speculate about but rather thank for their overall commitment to their product and safety.

Disneyhead'71

The new trains will be considerably heavier.

danpam1024

Isn't the queue going to be completely different? Audio DOES make a completely different experience- ever ride Rip Rocket w/o sound- it's pretty meh, ok it's REALLY meh. I hope he still roars- I so miss it- Super Hero Island isn't the same without the roar.

DznyGrlSD

In the Parks
Yes
On-Board Audio = Heavier Trains. As new trains, one would think that Universal would take advantage of advancements that Bolliger & Mabilliard have made in restraint design.

that's my problem with Hulk, after I put on weight I can't get the shoulder harness down far enough over my chest/shoulders :p:p

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom