Huge SeaWorld Announcement 8/15

ISTCrew20

Original Poster
SeaWorld will be making a "groundbreaking investment announcement" tomorrow, 8/15, with a special preview on the Today show.

FutureCEO

I foresee SeaWorld being sold in the near future.

Bigger animal habitats are better for the animals. And if SeaWorld lets their animals go into the wild like activists are calling for, they will die.

Last edited:

The Empress Lilly

People are going to say "they just did it bc of Blackfish" and that's probably the honest truth
Yes, they did it because of Blackfish indeed. :)

Well rather, because of what we have been telling SEA: their business model is unsustainable, the world has moved on.

Well no, to be even more correct: because SEA learned the hard way that it was we loonies who had been right all along about that.

Ah, nothing like the sweet smell of succes in the morning! :cool:

The Empress Lilly

Sweet success, how weird. I'm focusing more on the whales' well-being in captivity vs. the whole controversial captive whales saga to begin with. It does nobody any good to bring that up in here. I think it's a great project that'll make the SeaWorld whales happier and that's a good thing.
There is no controversy. There are ceteceans in inadequate conditions. Activism against it is paying of, and it does both us and now the whales plenty of good to bring that up. ;)

The work on this project began well before Blackfish.
But was it funded? Was it planned for all parks?

There are always a million expansion plans and blue sky projects.

BigTxEars

But good for Sea World, if it makes them more relevant in the industry then that is a great thing. This kind of thing certainly would make me drive up to San Antonio to see the park again, of course it doe snot take much to do that as I love the place :)

BigTxEars

What is the TX park like? I've heard it's more of a theme park compared to the other parks. I want to go some day!! I've only been to the FL park and the OH park when it was around.

I guess I would agree with that it is more theme park than the Orlando one. It is a beautiful park, very well maintained and the layout is great. A excellent coaster called the Steel Eel, in fact my favorite coaster anywhere. Enough thrills without over doing it IMO and just fits into the park wondefully. The shows and other aspects of the parks are "just right" IMO. It is just a relaxing fun day.

Also there is the Riverwalk in downtown San Antonio as well as the Alamo of course :)

And Six Flags Fiesta Texas is a great amusement park, built in a old mining canyon it has loads of charm in it's natural environment. I think it is also well run and has some great rides :)

Some on down, lots to do it San Antonio...and good Mexican food and margaritas to boot!

I think it is a good idea as well. Most of these orcas were born in captivity and have become domesticated just like your dog is so this is the equivalent of the owner buying a bigger house for them to roam. They would be happy regardless but it is always nice to have a bigger area to live.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom