[Huge News] Nintendo Reveals Revolution's Controller

NowInc

MKCustodial said:
I just read Sony is pushing PS3 to be released "sometime late in 2006" in Japan, no word on the US and the rest of the world. You guys think it may have something to do with Revo, since up until now they were so sure they'd be launching in the beginning of the year?

Its true that sonys biggest competition in japan is Nintendo..but I dont think thats why they are pushing anything back. Its prob more of a "lets wait and see how xbox 360 does" situation..since they are most likley more interested in how that does.

CaptainMichael

NowInc said:
Its true that sonys biggest competition in japan is Nintendo..but I dont think thats why they are pushing anything back. Its prob more of a "lets wait and see how xbox 360 does" situation..since they are most likley more interested in how that does.
Which is an excellent strategy. Why oh why did Microsoft have to be the brave one?

NowInc

STR8FAN2005 said:
Maybe...I wish Microsoft would have waited a little longer, but it's a little late for that. They're probably about to start manufacturing them for the Holiday Season. Initially they'll sell a bunch, but I'm not so sure it will be able to compete with PS3 when it finally comes out.

A year head start is DEFINATLY going to give them a MAJOR edge actually. The 2 systems have very similar specs and ccapabilities, so there wont be much "This system is better cuz" arguments (well..not as many as there were with the ps2 vs xbox debate)..but having a system out a year before the other yields higher sales because you can save up for a 360..then save up AGAIN for a ps3...so people will have the 2 systems instead of having to choose one or the other if they were put on the market at the same time.

follow??

Not to mention..microsft has said flat out that they will do their usual and gradually lower the price of the system yearly..so think of this..upon the release of the ps3..the 360 gets CHEAPER at the same time...and if rumors are correct..halo 3 will also come out at the same time.

Microsoft isnt messing around..they know they have a lot of terriritory to win..and they are pulling out all the stops. Sony is more like..sitting back and name calling expecting the hype to be the thing that sells their system.

Interesting note however...the tokyo game expo just passed. PS3 and 360 were there (obviously). Reports from the show said the sony booth was very "cold" and "intimidating"..whereas the Xbox booth was VERY inviting and even had tons of systems there ready to play. The result? The original polls that showed that only 2% of japanese games were looking forward to the 360 jumped to almost 15%. Doesnt seem like a lot, but it IS a big milestone for an american console maker to get that high of a percentage in the japanese market.

NowInc

STR8FAN2005 said:
Which is an excellent strategy. Why oh why did Microsoft have to be the brave one?

heh..read my post i just made. They have a different type of strategy which I feel is going to pay off.

imagineer99

To be honest, I'm passing on the 360...

My computer will keep me "next gen" until Sony and Nitendo enter the fray.

It all really depends at this point. While I'm not necessarily a fan of the controller, Nintendo (according to Ogryn) will release a "normal" controller anways. Not to mention, new generation Zelda makes me weep with joy.

As for PS3, the trailers I've seen look impossibly good (killzone is friggin' stunning). However, much of that is probably CG (no matter how many times Sony claims the opposite).

The only thing I'd be missing out on is Halo 3. While I enjoy the Halo games, I don't think of them as being that amazing. I can deal with that.

CaptainMichael

NowInc said:
heh..read my post i just made. They have a different type of strategy which I feel is going to pay off.
Oh yeah, Microsoft will definitely sell consoles. I'm just not sure about long term. Still not sure when I'll buy mine.

NowInc

One thing that Microsoft has always done better than sony was they actually take customer feedback/demand into consideration. Sony seems like they are more interested in "influencing" what you want...which i guess works for them.

One mistake microsoft wont make again is exclusivtivity licence issues (when it can be prevented). Ive read that sony wont get first dibs on any rockstar games anymore, and a lot of other companies are actually siding with the 360 because of the Hard Drive.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom