Huge News Direct From our Cruise Director for 2015!!

Crush Dude!

Back from WDW!Counting down to DLP in November!
Original Poster
Im thinking Chuck might like this!

Just back off the Magic :(

But after talking to our Cruise Director Peter Hoffer (who is also set to be leaving the Magic unfortunately) revealed that the current plan has the Magic returning to The Baltic in 2015!!!!!!

So to clarify The (new) Magic will be on the Med next year and then the following summer (2015) she will Sail The Baltic once more!!! :D:D:D

Bolna

Oh, I hope this is true! I would love to do one the repositioning cruises that they did last time. I think the baltic cruises will be out of my price range I guess. And I if they visit the same ports as last time, the only port I have not visited yet (or even lived at :D) would be Oslo... So not the most exciting cruises for me anyway... But those are all wonderful cities to visit!

Mkmommy

Would love to do the Baltics on the Magic. I better start saving.

We did the Dover to Barcelona in 2010 and it has been our favorite cruise so far. Couple of days pre cruise in London and couple of days post cruise in Barcelona made it even better.

Nero the dog

There would be some fantastic cities in the Baltic, the best being St Petersburg. The only downside would be a very short season of good weather, which would be impossible to predict when booking.

Mkmommy

In 2010 they did maybe 4 , 11-12 day Baltic cruises from Dover in July and then did an 8 day repositioning cruise, Dover to Barcelona and then did Western Med cruises in August., I would think they would do something similar if they go back in 2015.

Only having a few Baltic cruises allows them to keep the price high as there is a limited supply and I think the 7 day Med cruises in August sell well to the Spaniards and other Europeans..

Donfan

We did the last 11-day Med cruise in 2010, then a lot of folks stayed on the ship for the repositioning into the Caribbean. We wanted a Baltic cruise the next year, but they didn't offer one. I have been waiting for this news for some time and will try to figure out where to get the money to take it.

DISNEY FANTASY

Interesting I have heard this rumor about three or four times recently, since late July, and one was from a friend on the a magic who said the captain had told him this, he said sailing from Copenhagen , but I thought it would more likely to be from the UK, maybe Dover or Harwich, but yes the Magic has been telling people DCL are going to the Baltic, like 2010 it doesn't mean the end of the med cruises they can have some before and after the Baltic, ie in June and August after repos. This rumor is building up steam, I posted it on my blog a few weeks back, also wonder is in Alaska again.the captain told people not to post it on any cruise forums and mentioned one by name they didn't want it on.

Last edited:

DISNEY FANTASY

Just want to add this rumour hasn't hit the other side as yet or another cruise blog which normally posts speculation , you can check, I posted this on my blog twice in August, when on ship and also when I hot home three weeks ago, nowadays I do not post any future cruise predictions until I have heard it at least three times from three different sources as there is a lot of misinformation out there but the Baltic rumour has been attributed to the CD and Captain three times so far. Note in 2010 the Magic went to Europe via Med first say June then to the UK Dover then sailed the Baltic from there and then went back to the Med for August. These are strong rumours I personally wouldn't have expected them to set there plans for 2015 so early but with the success of the Med this year it's credible. Also when I was on the Baltic cruises in 2010 I was asked for feedback on tours DCL and private what I did and why, as DCL will be back in a few years.

Crush Dude!

Original Poster
Ahi had not heard the other rumours before going on this cruise!

Peter the CD was very certain about it anyway! Med next year as we already knew and the Baltic in one way or another in 2015 :D

Bolna

Sailing out of Copenhagen would make a lot of sense as I think they would be able to offer 7-night cruises. I got the impression that the longer European cruises are too expensive to sell out properly if there are too many of them. Wasn't that the problem in 2011 or 2012? I seem to remember that they had all these 12-night cruises and then changed the schedule? Copenhagen is also a wonderful city and has a large airport (maybe the prettiest airport I ever been to and with the best shopping!!), so it is easy to travel to.

I wonder is they would do a full season of Baltics? It is certainly doable as there are cruise ships doing the Baltics I think from May to September. But having been to Sweden in May I can tell you that that time of year still feels like winter... Just with far far more daylight!

This is so exciting! I love it when Disney mixes up their schedule a bit!

And it is fun to discuss rumours! :D

DISNEY FANTASY

Sailing out of Copenhagen would make a lot of sense as I think they would be able to offer 7-night cruises. I got the impression that the longer European cruises are too expensive to sell out properly if there are too many of them. Wasn't that the problem in 2011 or 2012? I seem to remember that they had all these 12-night cruises and then changed the schedule? Copenhagen is also a wonderful city and has a large airport (maybe the prettiest airport I ever been to and with the best shopping!!), so it is easy to travel to.

I wonder is they would do a full season of Baltics? It is certainly doable as there are cruise ships doing the Baltics I think from May to September. But having been to Sweden in May I can tell you that that time of year still feels like winter... Just with far far more daylight!

This is so exciting! I love it when Disney mixes up their schedule a bit!

And it is fun to discuss rumours! :D

Well I have heard rumors for about eight weeks now and what was posted here by the OP is also consistent with what I was told before and posted on my Alaska blog during August on two occasions.

One of the three strong rumors I was told was they will home port in Copenhagen and therefore do 7 or 9 night cruise from there, yes the price put people off before.

I knew they would go back as in 2010 I was approached to write up about excursions both DCL and my private ones why I booked what.

I would say one these are strong rumors but rumors, and to me a bit early to come out, however I do normally start to hear things in August and and September . Now we could have cruise from the UK or Copenhagen different people have told me that.

Also Baltic cruise is a limited season so you may see a sandwich of med cruises then Baltic then Med again.

Sorry for typos the IPad is running away from me today, back to the PC!

Last edited:

DISNEY FANTASY

Ahi had not heard the other rumours before going on this cruise!

Peter the CD was very certain about it anyway! Med next year as we already knew and the Baltic in one way or another in 2015 :D
Your post is very consistent with other rumours I have heard over eight weeks, one said Captain John had told them all this was first week in August and told them not go post on the Dis! The Dis are miles behind anyway!

Bolna

@DISNEY FANTASY I understand the IPad trouble. :cool:

I must admit that I mainly looked at the pics on your blog - but now have a vague memory of you mentioning this... Still it is fun to speculate about the possibilities!

If you look at other lines, they often have their ships in Europe longer than Disney and I could imagine that with the current 4 ships in the Caribbean for winter it might make sense to maybe do Baltic May to Mid August and then add Med in September and don't go back until late October... Would avoid having all ships in the hurricane area in September.

DISNEY FANTASY

@DISNEY FANTASY I understand the IPad trouble. :cool:

I must admit that I mainly looked at the pics on your blog - but now have a vague memory of you mentioning this... Still it is fun to speculate about the possibilities!

If you look at other lines, they often have their ships in Europe longer than Disney and I could imagine that with the current 4 ships in the Caribbean for winter it might make sense to maybe do Baltic May to Mid August and then add Med in September and don't go back until late October... Would avoid having all ships in the hurricane area in September.

I only posted it in my blog as at that time I had only heard the rumors from a couple of sources.

Now I like to double check before posting on open forums as whilst I have a good track record, people on another forum get rather nasty if you say a rumor and then it's not correct. Even with this one coming from the CD now and the Captain said it in early August.

I am careful yo say its a rumor as things can and do change up to the release of cruise and even sometimes after the release of any cruise.

But this one has legs and keeps coming back.it is fun to speculate people elsewhere get a Lille hot under the cooler, on it, but with prices of cruises going up fast after release day it's good to plan, what if? Do I want go go?

If they sail from local to me in the UK it will be a big tug in my heart to say I want to go, but I have done it all before! I can see only a very limited season in the Baltic say June and July only with Med in August.

Last edited:

Crush Dude!

Original Poster
I only posted it in my blog as at that time I had only heard the rumours from a couple of sources. Now I like to double check before posting on open forums as whilst I have a good track record, people on another forum get rather nasty if you say a rumour and then it's not correct. Even with this one coming from the CD now and the CAptain said it in early August I am careful yo say its a rumour as things can and do change up to the release of cruise and even sometimes after the release of any cruise. But this one has legs and keeps coming back.it is fun to speculate people elsewhere get a Lille hot under the cooler, on it, but with prices of cruises going up fast after release day it's good to plan, what if? Do I want go go? If they sail from local to me in the UK it will be a big tug in my heart to say I want to go, but I have done it all before! I can see only a very limited season in the Baltic say June and July only with Med in August.

Would love to see them go out of the UK, living in Ireland id have no choice :D:D:D

Bolna

I only posted it in my blog as at that time I had only heard the rumours from a couple of sources. Now I like to double check before posting on open forums as whilst I have a good track record, people on another forum get rather nasty if you say a rumour and then it's not correct. Even with this one coming from the CD now and the CAptain said it in early August I am careful yo say its a rumour as things can and do change up to the release of cruise and even sometimes after the release of any cruise. But this one has legs and keeps coming back.it is fun to speculate people elsewhere get a Lille hot under the cooler, on it, but with prices of cruises going up fast after release day it's good to plan, what if? Do I want go go? If they sail from local to me in the UK it will be a big tug in my heart to say I want to go, but I have done it all before! I can see only a very limited season in the Baltic say June and July only with Med in August.

I think this board here has a lot of people who understand the nature of rumours! That's what the WDW News and Rumor section is full of. And the nature of a rumour is that someone gets info on something being the plan - and with all plans, they are of course subject to change! If people get angry at those who put out info that they got from different sources within the company then we will never hear any rumours anymore! :)

And I understand what you say. If DCL ever decides to sail out of Hamburg, I would want to be on that ship so much!!

DISNEY FANTASY

I think this board here has a lot of people who understand the nature of rumours! That's what the WDW News and Rumor section is full of. And the nature of a rumour is that someone gets info on something being the plan - and with all plans, they are of course subject to change! If people get angry at those who put out info that they got from different sources within the company then we will never hear any rumours anymore! :)

And I understand what you say. If DCL ever decides to sail out of Hamburg, I would want to be on that ship so much!!

Yes agree and that is logical, however whilst people want and have a thirst for rumors, they expect them to be 100% perfect, well in a real world unless you bug the CEOs office it's not going to happen.

Things in crushing can and do change, all it needs is a war here, or a murder there, or fuel prices change or a recession and everything changes.

I read so many threads asking what is going to happen next year all most every day. Anyway lets see if this becomes true, some haven't picked up on this as of yet.

Last edited:

DISNEY FANTASY

Couple more people have heard this now, rumours of sailing from a UK port and or Seven night Baltic cruises from Copenhagen, -Helsinki, Tallinn ST Petes Stockholm.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom