Hub Construction Removing Old Plaza Swan Boat Dock

ExtinctJenn

Original Poster
With the construction being done to update the hub, the removal of the second of the original Plaza Swan Boat docks is confirmed. The roof has been removed and in the concept video you can clearly see it no longer exists. What I can't seem to determine from the concept work, or from the articles I've read, is whether or not the original loading dock, that became the expanded outdoor seating area for the Plaza Restaurant, will be changed. It's not entirely recognizable as being the original dock these days as it is but I'd love to know if it's going to remain unchanged or if once this construction is done, nothing but the moat will remain as a piece of the attraction's history.

If this is already discussed somewhere please point me in the right direction. I found one topic on the construction but nothing specific to the PSB dock removals etc. :) Thanks all!

kap91

The seating area by the plaza is being raised and the most partially filled in in that location for the addition of fireworks viewing and an additional pathway leading to the new ms bypass.

ExtinctJenn

Original Poster
The seating area by the plaza is being raised and the most partially filled in in that location for the addition of fireworks viewing and an additional pathway leading to the new ms bypass.
Bah ok so I read that as it is most certainly changing and the remains of the dock will be gone huh? Well change is good I suppose.

kap91

The only one I'll say that was an actual downgrade thematically was the old Swiss chateu skyway building in fantasyland. It was abandoned, yet beautiful.

Yeah I suppose. I'm 50/50 on it. I like the new area by itself and in terms of layout but it's a bit incongruous with the area around it and unfortunately will be visible from Frontierland for a number of years.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom