HTF is being cryptic on Twitter again

Tony Perkis

Original Poster
Today on Twitter:

H2v9AdU.png

xuQ9e47.png

KwRTc3b.png

Mike S

Found these that link the phrase to both Star Trek and Lord of the Rings.

http://stexpanded.wikia.com/wiki/Down_the_Rabbit_Hole

A TV episode and this,

http://lotr.wikia.com/wiki/Battle_of_Greenfields

"According to the narrative in the book The Hobbit, Bullroarer charged the ranks of the goblins of Mount Gram and with a wooden club knocked Golfimbul's head clean off, sending it sailing a hundred yards through the air and down a rabbit-hole, thus winning the battle and simultaneously inventing the game of golf."

mahnamahna101

Found these that link the phrase to both Star Trek and Lord of the Rings.

http://stexpanded.wikia.com/wiki/Down_the_Rabbit_Hole

A TV episode and this,

http://lotr.wikia.com/wiki/Battle_of_Greenfields

"According to the narrative in the book The Hobbit, Bullroarer charged the ranks of the goblins of Mount Gram and with a wooden club knocked Golfimbul's head clean off, sending it sailing a hundred yards through the air and down a rabbit-hole, thus winning the battle and simultaneously inventing the game of golf."
This is the winner, I think. Would be a major breakthrough if Universal got both of them!

BrerJon

The third Hobbit movie premiered on 1st December, a movie told in the form of a flashback 'what has happened', if you will, and hobbit houses are a bit like rabbit holes, so there might be something to this.

Not sure about the 'everyone missed it' clue though. Could mean missing like missing a shot, nostalgically missing something from the past, or just overlooking something.

StageFrenzy

News to me. I don't pretend to be an expert in Alice in Wonderland.
The Disney animated film from 1951 is naturally not in public domain yet, however the books by Carroll from 1865 and 1871 are. As an aside I do hope the corporations and congress do not conspire to steal our public works again in the near future.

71jason

The Disney animated film from 1951 is naturally not in public domain yet, however the books by Carroll from 1865 and 1871 are.

As a practical matter, yes. But far too associated with the Walt and Tim Burton films to be viable.

Star Trek has been the hot rumor lately. But that feels like a hell of a stretch, going to some expanded universe reference.

I do wonder if "Everyone missed it" is a Jaws reference. But grasping at straws for now. And @HTF might literally mean we missed some legal filing.

Tony Perkis

Original Poster
As a practical matter, yes. But far too associated with the Walt and Tim Burton films to be viable.

Star Trek has been the hot rumor lately. But that feels like a hell of a stretch, going to some expanded universe reference.

I do wonder if "Everyone missed it" is a Jaws reference. But grasping at straws for now. And @HTF might literally mean we missed some legal filing.
Isn't Paramount reopening their own heavily themed park with a Star Trek land? I believe their park is overseas, but I'd be surprised if they allowed licensing of that property if so.

Mike S

The third Hobbit movie premiered on 1st December, a movie told in the form of a flashback 'what has happened', if you will, and hobbit houses are a bit like rabbit holes, so there might be something to this.

Not sure about the 'everyone missed it' clue though. Could mean missing like missing a shot, nostalgically missing something from the past, or just overlooking something.
Boom. Between the two of us I think we got it :)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom