Hows the weather?

bobtabin

Odd. It's grey, rainy, and windy here too but we don't call it a tropical storm. Of course, we are temperate, not tropical...
Still, I do get amused by all the hoopla.
Anyone remember Floyd from Sept 1999? It was Level 5 and was supposed to be a huge deal and go right over Disneyworld. They closed the park for the first time in history the day it made landfall.
By then it had weakened to like Level 3 and turned. Orlando got outer bands only. Gusts up to a little over 40mph (cuz transportation couldn't run until the mph was below 40...) and rain in periods.
I was in Orlando CPing, and I went for a walk that day. It reminded me of home in October when we have wind like that very often.
Not to downplay hurricanes or anything, but yeah. CNN has a way of making things sound a lot worse than they are.

Bottom Line everyone: Orlando is fine. Maybe some rain, but's that normal. Airports are fine. Major roads are fine. East coast received 26"+ rain in two straight days and some of the streets are at people's waists. However, everything will be fine with your vacation to Florida. Even if you want to visit the east coast beaches next week, all the water will reside. The only mess we'll have on the east coast (Brevard county) are cleanups from roof leaks/flooding.

Have fun at Disney world. Everyone has rain at time to time, but not 26" in 2 days or less. Orlando faired fine.

goofntink

Not good for us unfortunately.We have 3 houses.One we live in and we rent out the other 2. One is in Debary,Fl, the other is in Deltona,Fl. The one in Debary has a 8 inches of water inside from the flooding.The one in Deltona is close to flooding.We spent most of the day today sandbagging it to keep out the water.:(

Fortunately our house is high and dry.We feel real bad for our tenants in Debary.

sarabi

Not good for us unfortunately.We have 3 houses.One we live in and we rent out the other 2. One is in Debary,Fl, the other is in Deltona,Fl. The one in Debary has a 8 inches of water inside from the flooding.The one in Deltona is close to flooding.We spent most of the day today sandbagging it to keep out the water.:(

Fortunately our house is high and dry.We feel real bad for our tenants in Debary.

I am so sorry to hear that. I feel bad about not adding to my comment about the 'hoopla' that I do understand hurricanes and tropical storms can be locally major events and don't mean to downplay them. I do think CNN goes a little nuts...
We had major flooding here in the early summer (I'm in Southern Wisconsin). The town of Jefferson was pretty much under water. I do hope your sandbags hold.

goofntink

Luckily we have flood insurance so everything is covered.Our rental house is vacant in Deltona,so we have a place for our tenants to go until the repairs are done.They also have renters insurance so they are covered also for their personnel property.:)

Rabflmom

The rain is much-needed in some parts of the South.

Not here on the space coast. We actually got a lot of rain all summer and have reached the normal range so 24 inches of rain has flooding happening in areas that haven't flooded in 30+ years.

As for next weeks weather keep an eye on the Atlantic there is a wave that might be a depression today. If it develops into anything pray it go anywhere but Florida( sorry Ga, S and North Carolina , or anyone on the Gulf . I just don't want any rain for a while. Sunday-Saturday rain is depressing! We actually havew sun today but it has rained this morning and they say it will rain again this afternoon( reg. summer rain)

That being said Blizzard Beach never closed during the storm. There wasn't lightning so they didn't have to. They got crowds in the 5000 to 6000 range on one of the days( not all there at the same time but over the day). Gotta love it!

Rabflmom

Bottom Line everyone: Orlando is fine. Maybe some rain, but's that normal. Airports are fine. Major roads are fine. East coast received 26"+ rain in two straight days and some of the streets are at people's waists. However, everything will be fine with your vacation to Florida. Even if you want to visit the east coast beaches next week, all the water will reside. The only mess we'll have on the east coast (Brevard county) are cleanups from roof leaks/flooding.

Have fun at Disney world. Everyone has rain at time to time, but not 26" in 2 days or less. Orlando faired fine.

Only caution I have is stay out of lakes and even the Atlantic till things clear up. Runoff goes into them. Sewage in the water so not really safe for swimming for a couple weeks maybe. Needs some time to filter out. The foam on the ocean is a delightful brownish color instead of white.

Next problem will be flooding along the St. John's. It flows North so the 24-30 in rains here at its base will be draining this week and heading upriver to the Jacksonville area. Not sure what the impact of that will be but thinking 1-95 might be a problem since it is close to St. Johns in the Northern counties?????

Rabflmom

Luckily we have flood insurance so everything is covered.Our rental house is vacant in Deltona,so we have a place for our tenants to go until the repairs are done.They also have renters insurance so they are covered also for their personnel property.:)

Will their rental insurance cover flood? When we rented ours didn't.

DisneyGigi

What's up with the cooler weather towards the end of the week? It shows low to mid 80s. I know when we were there last year it was mid 90s. Not that I am complaining ..lol just curious because when we arrive the temp froecast is about the same as it is here???

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom