Hows the weather?

wdwCC

The way the news makes it sound there's enough rain falling so any minute the Jungle Cruise's new path takes it down Main Street.

Slipknot

Wet. Grey. Perfect end to summer crowds.. hardly anyone at the parks, at least on Tuesday night and not worrying about the summer sun drenching you in sweat.

SleepingMonk

This is the craziest storm I think I've ever seen. If it follows the current track it will make FIVE FLORIDA LANDFALLS! Gotta be a record.

144114W_sm.gif

ChuckFromCanada

Parrothead & Disney Fanatic.
Original Poster
The way the news makes it sound there's enough rain falling so any minute the Jungle Cruise's new path takes it down Main Street.
:ROFLOL::ROFLOL:

Yeah really, CNN has it sounding like whos not in a boat is drowning or getting eaten by Gators that are running rampant in the streets.

MyLittleAngels

Well, the impact has been more significant along the coast. But, CNN is really good at being overly dramatic. Yes, there's flooding, yes, there's damage ... But it'll all be over once Fay actually gets her butt out of here. Standing water won't be around for long. And as far as the alligators go, well, if there's a puddle in Florida there's a gator in it. :lol: I'd personally be more worried about the snakes.

Central Florida, where I am (a few minutes up the road from WDW), is only just starting to see some more substantial tropical weather. Gray and rainy is nothing new, but the gusts are really starting to pass through here this evening.

bobtabin

Well, Orlando will begin to see a little more weather likely tonight. But just 40 miles away (where the Space Center is), central and south Brevard County is practically under water.. 22" rain in Cocoa Beach, 20" in Melbourne. Brevard received all the rain so far. I'm sure the park is slow. I went Saturday before the storm and it was a good day then. Check out the weather.com animated radar for Orlando. Titusville is where the Space Center is (for point of reference). The storm is also currently going 2mph. Therefore, there will still be more rain and wind. If you don't mind getting wet at Disney, it should be low crowds (less locals possibly and more of the resort guests that booked a while ago and happen to be here during the storm).

patches39

I am hoping it will be over by next thursday, we will be there then! one more week!!!!!!!! wooo hoo! what does everyone think??? be gone by then???

bobtabin

Yes, unless it turns around for a another landfall on Florida. Keep this in mind, if it does, the park will be slow :) I think you'll be fine in a week.

crazydaveh

I'm 20 miles up I 4 from WDW and all I see out my window is rain, rain, wind, and more rain!

I think the tourist area came out well in this storm, at least the Orlando tourist area. The beach areas from Melbourne and north have been hammered.

It's supposed to be out of here tomorrow, but they said that back on Tuesday! There's also a system

Local schools will be closed tomorrow (Friday) as well. Lots of local roads are flooding as is the volleyball court near my condo!

natolij02

I'm 20 miles up I 4 from WDW and all I see out my window is rain, rain, wind, and more rain!

I think the tourist area came out well in this storm, at least the Orlando tourist area. The beach areas from Melbourne and north have been hammered.

It's supposed to be out of here tomorrow, but they said that back on Tuesday! There's also a system

Local schools will be closed tomorrow (Friday) as well. Lots of local roads are flooding as is the volleyball court near my condo!

Back on TUESDAY:brick: WHAT?????? I have not heard that. We are going tomorrow and I am expecting a wet first 2 days but then coming back again......seriously?????? Now I am just MAD:fork:

MyLittleAngels

Probably not. Fay should be out of our hair before the weekend is through, unless she stalls seriously again. You should be out of here well before the next wave starts to threaten the coast. :)
The water won't shouldn't effect the major routes to the airports ... It's mostly lower roads in the drink.

sarabi

Odd. It's grey, rainy, and windy here too but we don't call it a tropical storm. Of course, we are temperate, not tropical...
Still, I do get amused by all the hoopla.
Anyone remember Floyd from Sept 1999? It was Level 5 and was supposed to be a huge deal and go right over Disneyworld. They closed the park for the first time in history the day it made landfall.
By then it had weakened to like Level 3 and turned. Orlando got outer bands only. Gusts up to a little over 40mph (cuz transportation couldn't run until the mph was below 40...) and rain in periods.
I was in Orlando CPing, and I went for a walk that day. It reminded me of home in October when we have wind like that very often.
Not to downplay hurricanes or anything, but yeah. CNN has a way of making things sound a lot worse than they are.

hokielutz

I am hoping it will be over by next thursday, we will be there then! one more week!!!!!!!! wooo hoo! what does everyone think??? be gone by then???

You shouldn't have any problem from Fay by then. The question is when, what and where will the next storm be?

Today it seems to be getting better. Last night was horrible, the winds were so rough and same for this morning. Now it seems to be relaxing. I hope its gone by sunday.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom