How's the park levels right now?

Boardwalker

Original Poster
Headed down next week, never been the week before Christmas week. What can I expect as far as crowd levels? We've been in the summer several times so I've seen unmanageable.

Pocahontas

I'd be interested to know as well. I'm used to going in September, unsure if crowds will be large. Different sources vary.

Greg H

Magic Kingdom was very busy yesterday. Park hours were 8 to 12 and pop Warner kicked off on December 3rd, I believe. Christmas party at Magic Kingdom on December 1st was also busy.

A W Reezy

We were at Disney last week. Typically I always recommend the week after Thanksgiving, because crowds are light and you get to experience Disney at Christmas. Apparently everyone else has figured it out, because it was quite a bit busier than I was used too. We went to the Christmas party on the second, and hung around the castle area. It wasn't crowded as bad as you'd find during a regular Friday night (non party), but it was still busy.

With that being said, lines were not unbearable. I rode Soarin' on Thursday with a 30 minute wait. Test Track was a steady 60-70 minute wait, but the single rider line wasn't bad at all. Got 4 or 5 rides on it by doing the single rider.

Expedition Everest on Thursday morning was a walk on. Everyone was at Kilimanjaro.

Hollywood Studio's wasn't terrible. Again, a little busier than I was used too at that time, but still not terrible. RnRC single rider line got you right on, and ToT was around a 30 minute wait at most. Typically closer to 10 minutes stand by.

If you've been at Summer, then you are going to be ok. It'll definitely be more manageable. Have fun!

Kylo Ken

Local Idiot
I was at DHS today and it was pretty quiet. From what I've seen typically is around the 22nd is when it gets ultra busy since local schools are out along with the rest of the country by then. Weekends are obviously busier because us smelly locals come out to play ;)

At the end of the day, your experience will (not may) vary

Boardwalker

Original Poster
I was at DHS today and it was pretty quiet. From what I've seen typically is around the 22nd is when it gets ultra busy since local schools are out along with the rest of the country by then. Weekends are obviously busier because us smelly locals come out to play ;)

At the end of the day, your experience will (not may) vary

We will be gone by the 16th, and may the force be with you.

DVC4bestvacations

• Will be there from 12/14 - 12/26. From pasted experience I expect the week days to be moderately crowded. Sat & Sun Dec 17&18th to be very crowded, The week that follows will start out slow becoming more busy as the week progresses. Very busy Christmas weekend.

flynnibus

Premium Member
Headed down next week, never been the week before Christmas week. What can I expect as far as crowd levels? We've been in the summer several times so I've seen unmanageable.

touringplans still predicts in the 5-7 range except for Saturday.. so should be pretty managable still.

George

Liker of Things
Premium Member
Well, for a while it was all Defcon level 3, but then they realized the stormtrooper guns were essentially toys and went to Defcon level 4.

Eddie Garrison

So I am sitting at the Brown Derby Outside Lounge right now at the Studios and it's, decently crowded. Nothing compared to say Christmas week crowds, though we were unable to do (day of) FP's for anything other than Star Tours & RnR today.

Now I looked at tomorrow and the FP's were easily available for a party of two on any main attraction here, beginning in the A.M. hours. Even for Toy Story. So you can take that as you will.

I am having to work today from here (so sad I know) as my wife and brother-in-law are having fun, though they got on Star Tours & Tower within an hour with no FP's at all for either. The only FP we booked was for Toy Story & we did that at 1:00 o.clock for a 5:45 Pm FP this afternoon after he purchased his one day pass for the Studios.

In contrast. We went to Sea World yesterday and that place was DEAD! We rode Mako five times in a row and we never even went back through the queue. They were just allowing people to move from the front row to other rows as that park was completely empty.

Right now seems to be a great time to visit the parks. Nothing overly crowded as I would assume people are waiting for the week of Christmas to visit.

cheezbat

The second-fourth gates aren't too bad, but MK has been busy and crowded every day I've visited this month...(three times so far.)

21stamps

So I am sitting at the Brown Derby Outside Lounge right now at the Studios and it's, decently crowded. Nothing compared to say Christmas week crowds, though we were unable to do (day of) FP's for anything other than Star Tours & RnR today.

Now I looked at tomorrow and the FP's were easily available for a party of two on any main attraction here, beginning in the A.M. hours. Even for Toy Story. So you can take that as you will.

I am having to work today from here (so sad I know) as my wife and brother-in-law are having fun, though they got on Star Tours & Tower within an hour with no FP's at all for either. The only FP we booked was for Toy Story & we did that at 1:00 o.clock for a 5:45 Pm FP this afternoon after he purchased his one day pass for the Studios.

In contrast. We went to Sea World yesterday and that place was DEAD! We rode Mako five times in a row and we never even went back through the queue. They were just allowing people to move from the front row to other rows as that park was completely empty.

Right now seems to be a great time to visit the parks. Nothing overly crowded as I would assume people are waiting for the week of Christmas to visit.

We were at HS on 11/28 and could not get same day fast passes to anything. Not even Frozen Sing a Long.lol

Does anyone know if there is a way to see actual crowd levels vs predictions after the fact?

21stamps

The second-fourth gates aren't too bad, but MK has been busy and crowded every day I've visited this month...(three times so far.)
We were there 4 times between 11/27- 12/4. All were crowded then too. Night time EMH wasn't too bad after 11:30pm though.

tractor tipper

We were at HS on 11/28 and could not get same day fast passes to anything. Not even Frozen Sing a Long.lol

Does anyone know if there is a way to see actual crowd levels vs predictions after the fact?
You should be able to go to Touring plans site they give predicted and then actual.

21stamps

You should be able to go to Touring plans site they give predicted and then actual.
Thanks! The only thing I can find is the "How we did yesterday". I've tried searching and nothing came up. Do you know how I can find it?

@lentesta Can you help. I'm curious about the "actual" crowds during my recent trip.

lentesta

Premium Member
Yep. Will do in the morning.

Here you go.

CrowdCal1127.jpg

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom