How/when did you get access to FP+/MB color picks?

mweier

Original Poster
We booked Feburary '14 in Contemporary and haven't seen any way to choose our preferred MB colors or FP+ bookings. I assume we'll have access by then but wondering if, when they give access, they mail you something? or email it? or what? I don't always check the junk email I set up my disney account on and I don't want to miss it...

Longers

I have checked today with 41 days to go and today is the first day I could book re fast pass plus. Still no option to do Magic bands though. Didn't get any notification it's just appeared on My Disney experience today

stevehousse

I have checked today with 41 days to go and today is the first day I could book re fast pass plus. Still no option to do Magic bands though. Didn't get any notification it's just appeared on My Disney experience today

Try redoing your online check in process again, and the band order should come up once you click manage bands after you redo it...

mickey2008.1

We never got any emails, it just popped up in our Disney experience app 7 days before our trip, customized them, and had them three days later via UPS, never expected that. Just keep checking. You can also call, that is probably why it popped up for us.

Longers

Try redoing your online check in process again, and the band order should come up once you click manage bands after you redo it...
Thanks it's come up now . Only thing is I live in UK and obviously they won't dispatch to me - do you know if I can customise as its not giving me the options. I know I can get one when I get there but was hoping for a colour and not grey. Thanks

stevehousse

Thanks it's come up now . Only thing is I live in UK and obviously they won't dispatch to me - do you know if I can customise as its not giving me the options. I know I can get one when I get there but was hoping for a colour and not grey. Thanks
You should be able to still customize, they just aren't shipping overseas. All I did was click on manage bands after I Redid the online checkin in. It asked me to confirm my email, I just clicked on the magic band order and a pop up window came up asking me to confirm our address. It then took me to another screen and It showed that I had had a magic band order and that I had 18 days to customize. It then listed below everyone in my party and also showed a grey band for each next to their name. I clicked customize button next to each persons band ad was able to choose colors and finalize a name.

Hope that helps...

Longers

You should be able to still customize, they just aren't shipping overseas. All I did was click on manage bands after I Redid the online checkin in. It asked me to confirm my email, I just clicked on the magic band order and a pop up window came up asking me to confirm our address. It then took me to another screen and It showed that I had had a magic band order and that I had 18 days to customize. It then listed below everyone in my party and also showed a grey band for each next to their name. I clicked customize button next to each persons band ad was able to choose colors and finalize a name.

Hope that helps...
Thank you. At the moment when I hit the customise box I have to put in an address. I guess I need to put in our Disney hotel address to get the next screen to change the colours? Thank you for trying to help

Longers

Did the hotel address work?
I have managed to put in the hotel address but it doesn't like my UK phone number no matter what way I record it so sill no further forward

All sorted. As from UK I have included the Disney hotel address and phone number. Now ordered cant wait to pick them up. Thanks to everyone on here for their help and suggestions

Last edited:
By Feb '14, I presume everything will be full go. So I would guess customizing MB and choosing FP+ options would be around 60 days out, which is what Disney says will be the case when the program is fully implemented.

Right now, Disney is sort of turning things on manually. Which means there is no particular rhyme or reason to when things start popping up. Mine got turned on around 36 days out for Nov 1 check-in. But it seems they turned on all of November at that time so people checking in later in the month got access at that time as well.

Tinkerbella16

Was able to select FP+ exactly a week ago and the very next day the Personal MagicBand option became available. Waiting for them to be shipped now.

cslafferty

We are booked for Dec. 7=11 at the Contemporary - 67 days out, and thought I would have gotten an email to participate in the FP+ test by now. Aren't we able to select our FP+ choices 60 days out? Is everyone staying at the selected test resorts able to participate, or only some guests at those resorts? Just don't want to miss out on getting good FP+'s!

gboiler1

We are booked for Dec. 7=11 at the Contemporary - 67 days out, and thought I would have gotten an email to participate in the FP+ test by now. Aren't we able to select our FP+ choices 60 days out? Is everyone staying at the selected test resorts able to participate, or only some guests at those resorts? Just don't want to miss out on getting good FP+'s!

I don't believe you'll get an email, I didn't. We fly out on 10/16 and I just went in manually to My Disney Experience, entered or linked my reservation number and that allowed me to pick band colors FP+, etc. Overall the fastpass options available were good based on our needs and by shuffling the importance of the attractions makes the system shuffle times. In addition you get about 4 different options on times for 3 attractions. You can return later and edit times and attractions if you want as long as you haven't used any of the FP+ for that particular day yet. Trial and error seems to work best...Good Luck and enjoy!

cslafferty

My resort and dining reservations are already linked to My Disney Experience, so I guess I'll just have to check daily.

gboiler1

My resort and dining reservations are already linked to My Disney Experience, so I guess I'll just have to check daily.

Yes, you should be able to get in very soon to order your bands and set up FP+. I was toying around with mine this morning and found good times still available even as close as 13 days out.
Also see my bands are on my porch via UPS tracking. That's less than 48 hours after I updated the color of my daughters band, at least I hope it got updated. If not I'm sure it will be fine :)

gboiler1

As an FYI...my Disney agent emailed my yesterday that she got notified that I could participate in Magic Bands, etc. This was about 5 days after I received my final Disney document booklet.

Also Magic Bands arrived less then 48 hours after ordering.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom