How to tell if there is new posts?

dreamfinder

Original Poster
The over all "What's New?" is a cool feature, but the old format allowed to see what threads you had already read recently, and which had new posts that you had not yet read. I cannot find an easy way to view the same information within a forum/subforum view. I.E. see what threads have new posts just in the WDW News and Rumors subforum. Am I missing something obvious?

dreamfinder

Original Poster
And I just figured it out. The title becomes "unbolded" and you lose the little blue ball next to the title. Never mind.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
I used the forum from two different computers today and it looks like the unread threads do not carry over from one computer to the other like they did on the old forum. Is this a difference in this forum software or am I missing something?

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
I used the forum from two different computers today and it looks like the unread threads do not carry over from one computer to the other like they did on the old forum. Is this a difference in this forum software or am I missing something?
Yes it does work across multiple machines. Make sure you are using the same username on both, and you must be logged in on both.

TimeTrip

I'm having an issue that might just be an issue with my phone/browser (HTC EVO 4G android 2.3.5 webkit/533.1). When I click through to a thread on the phone browser with the mobile skin, the page starts loading and it is on what appears to be the latest new post according to my history. However, once the page is finished loading, it resets back to the top of the page.

I wonder if others using the mobile site on the phone see the same behavior?

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
I'm having an issue that might just be an issue with my phone/browser (HTC EVO 4G android 2.3.5 webkit/533.1). When I click through to a thread on the phone browser with the mobile skin, the page starts loading and it is on what appears to be the latest new post according to my history. However, once the page is finished loading, it resets back to the top of the page.

I wonder if others using the mobile site on the phone see the same behavior?
I have not seen this, but have not tested on that device. Any others users of this device with the same issue?

Does it happen on every thread, every time?

Bolna

I have not seen this, but have not tested on that device. Any others users of this device with the same issue?

Does it happen on every thread, every time?

Happens on my Iphone 3GS as well. I just hit "Go to first unread post" - that gets me where I want to be.

ETA: And yes, it happens every time.

donnahead

This feature does not work on either my desktop or laptop computer. It does not indicate which posts have been added since I last logged on. The headings are bold and blue buttons present for weeks ago, although I've been on every day since the new system started. Does anyone know why or how to fix this?

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
This feature does not work on either my desktop or laptop computer. It does not indicate which posts have been added since I last logged on. The headings are bold and blue buttons present for weeks ago, although I've been on every day since the new system started. Does anyone know why or how to fix this?

They bold headings and icons will only disappear once read. They do not disappear after 20 minutes of inactivity as they used to on the old forum. If you want to mark everything as read, head up to the menu bar and choose "Mark Forums Read".

nepalostparks

If you have read a thread, and there have been no new posts, it shouldn't show as bold in the heading. However, if you did not click on that thread, it will continue to show as unread even if you've closed out of the forum.

On the top left, under the Forums tab, you should see the first link/button is "Mark Forums Read" You can use this to mark all threads/forums as read. It will then only show bold those forums/threads that have new posts since using the "Mark Forums Read" button.

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
It actually works very much like email. If you don't read something, it will remain as unread, even if you close the browser or log off.

Bolna

It actually works very much like email. If you don't read something, it will remain as unread, even if you close the browser or log off.

And this is the single one best feature of the new software!!! Now I can come in and catch up on one thread without the others being automatically marked as read. And after I know also got the sans serif font I am happy all around !!!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom