How to suprise my kiddos?????

Stitchiegrl23

Original Poster
This trip I have decided not to tell my kids ahead of time that we are going to Disney for vacation. I've always wanted to suprise my oldest, 9yr old girl, but have always gotten way to excited to keep it in. I know some people are going to judge and think this is lame but I know I only have a few precious years left until she wants nothing to do with us or family vacations. My youngest is almost 2 so she will have no clue either way!

My brother is taking my niece about a month earlier than us and I know my kiddo is soooooo jealous already they are going without us! At this point she thinks we are just flying to Myrtle Beach for our trip in July, which she's ok with but continues to say man I wish we were going to Disney. I'm planning on holding it in until we get to the airport or the morning we leave.

I'd be interested to hear any fun and unique ideas on how I could do the big reveal to her. Please share ideas of things you may have done before!!!! Thanks in advance WDW fam.!

Patcheslee

I'm can't say it is lame... we are doing the same thing for DD8 first visit in a few days. Are you really going to Myrtle Beach or just a decoy location? And how do you think a change in plans will effect her? We have treasure map I made from St. Augustine Pirate Museum with a rhyme to suprise her that we have arranged for a pirate to give her before we leave there. She only knows about our 1 day St. Augustine stay till then.

Stitchiegrl23

Original Poster
I'm can't say it is lame... we are doing the same thing for DD8 first visit in a few days. Are you really going to Myrtle Beach or just a decoy location? And how do you think a change in plans will effect her? We have treasure map I made from St. Augustine Pirate Museum with a rhyme to suprise her that we have arranged for a pirate to give her before we leave there. She only knows about our 1 day St. Augustine stay till then.
Myrtle Beach is just a decoy.....I think she will be so excited when she finds out!

nickys

Premium Member
This trip I have decided not to tell my kids ahead of time that we are going to Disney for vacation. I've always wanted to suprise my oldest, 9yr old girl, but have always gotten way to excited to keep it in. I know some people are going to judge and think this is lame but I know I only have a few precious years left until she wants nothing to do with us or family vacations. My youngest is almost 2 so she will have no clue either way!

My brother is taking my niece about a month earlier than us and I know my kiddo is soooooo jealous already they are going without us! At this point she thinks we are just flying to Myrtle Beach for our trip in July, which she's ok with but continues to say man I wish we were going to Disney. I'm planning on holding it in until we get to the airport or the morning we leave.

I'd be interested to hear any fun and unique ideas on how I could do the big reveal to her. Please share ideas of things you may have done before!!!! Thanks in advance WDW fam.!

We did this for eldest DS at 4 1/2 going to Legoland in the UK. Flew to London, went to hotel. Next day drove to Legoland and told him to look for signs. As you approach the signs become more prominent and Lego figures line the long road up to parking lot. Anyway, here are a few suggestions:

Ask her "hey, could you tie this luggage tag on the case for me please" - obviously this is at home before leaving for airport. DME tag lying on case...

Hide her magic band somewhere where she HAS to find it, say in a carry-on which you ask her to look inside for something random at the airport.

At 9, she's going to twig before boarding isn't she? Otherwise she could have "found" the band on the flight.

A phone call from her cousin the morning of your flight. Get her cousin to ask her to bring her some Mickey candy back (without saying the word Disney), wait for DS to work it out. If cousin is too young, get auntie or uncle instead.

Just have her Disney tee shirt / outfit out for her to put on in the morning. Or pin a small pin badge onto her jacket.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom